PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Has No Rivalries per Colin Cowherd ESPN

Lyn
05-12-2006, 10:49 AM
He maintains that unless every Steeler fan says the Browns are our rivalry or the Bengals or the Ravens or another team. We have none. He says all fans must feel a team is a rivalry.

I still say the Browns :)

clevestinks
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
I say " As long as we are kings of the Hill" " then we have 31 rivals"

Bring em on!

Stillers43
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
We are in a division with the best rivalies!

Steelers vs Browns (best one, just ask the players)
Browns vs Ravens (battle of old browns)
Browns vs Bengals (battle of ohio)
Steelers vs Bengals (starting to be a rivalry due to Porter and Johnson)
Steelers and Ravens (battle of the top 2 teams for awhile recently)

Ward86MVP
05-12-2006, 11:18 AM
The Clowns have become the irrelevant them, but that doesn't they will stay in the basement or that the historical rivalry is dead. Just look at the way the Clowns fans obsess over the Steelers. I think that Baltimore has been our strongest rival over the past few years, if you look at the way we have traded the division title back and forth and the animosity between the players on the field.

Do you have the link to this article?

steelerdude
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I think colin cowherd (coward) is a pompous ass.

Lyn
05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
To me it simply means that times change and as younger fans join the fanbase, they pick up "new rivals." I can clearly remember the Raider/Steeler games, that was just really something. Today in professional sports this Colin guy maintains there ae no rivalries in football or any other sport other than baseball. He says that in COLLEGE football the only real rivalry is Michigan/OSU.
He says that when Michigan plays OSU he would not miss that game although he does not live in Michigan or Ohio, he will not miss that game.

He says the 2 factors to take into consideration are:

#1 stakes
#2 national relevance

I agree with some of what he says but definitely not everything.

Lyn
05-12-2006, 11:34 AM
The Clowns have become the irrelevant them, but that doesn't they will stay in the basement or that the historical rivalry is dead. Just look at the way the Clowns fans obsess over the Steelers. I think that Baltimore has been our strongest rival over the past few years, if you look at the way we have traded the division title back and forth and the animosity between the players on the field.

Do you have the link to this article?

No I have him on my computer radio right now.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I think colin cowherd (coward) is a pompous ass.

I second that. I put him in the same realm with Skip Bayless.

Lefturn
05-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I think all of the teams in the Afc north all hate each other and are great rivalies and I think the colts will be play off rivalies for a very long time

Stillers43
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
TOP THREE RIVALRIES OF ALL-TIME!

#1 Ohio St. vs Michigan football
#2 Duke vs UNC basketball
#3 Steelers vs Browns

All 3 are great! Go Buckeyes, Dukies, and Stillers!

BB2W
05-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Colin can be an idiot sometimes... The Steelers have three rivals because they have owned the division and every other team has to go through them so they veiw the Steelers as their rival. The Steelers "biggest" rivalry is whichever of the other three teams is doing the best at the time.

The NFC East is like this also... Ask a Cowboys fan who their rival is between the Skins, Eagles, and Giants. They couldn't all agree on one because they are hated by each of them. They are rivals with whatever divisional opponent they are playing that week.

Ambridge
05-12-2006, 06:33 PM
"Colon-blow" Cowherd is like listening to Cold Pizza on the radio.