PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Art Rooney II

SteelCityMom
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Statement from Art Rooney II
Posted 38 minutes ago
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statement-from-Art-Rooney-II/43e2d244-5cb2-43a1-a34d-529ef75f55cd

I am very disappointed that we were not successful in reaching an agreement with the Players Association in the round of mediation that the Players Association walked away from on Friday. The NFL Owners put a very fair offer on the table that we felt provided the framework for completing an agreement.

The NFL is willing to negotiate an agreement that is fair to the players, our teams and our fans. We do not believe the decertification of the Players Association is a legitimate bargaining tactic, and we have asked the National Labor Relations Board to review the conduct of the Players Association.

I can assure our fans that we are committed to negotiating an agreement that will allow us to get back to football as soon as possible. I remain optimistic that eventually cooler heads will prevail and we will be back at the bargaining table in the near future.

MasterOfPuppets
03-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I am very disappointed that we were not successful in reaching an agreement with the Players Association

let me translate....
" i am very disappointed that our scheme to keep ALL of the guaranteed TV money while paying nothing to the people on our payrolls or offering a product to our fans fell through."

We do not believe the decertification of the Players Association is a legitimate bargaining tactic

sorry Art , but the little scam the owners were trying to pull was 10x more underhanded.

TRH
03-13-2011, 08:52 AM
i have to disagree. From everything i've seen so far, i think the players side has been more unreasonable.

Besides, in the big picture, the owners should get more money..they own the teams. Where you work, doesn't the owners of the company make more than you? Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.

fer522
03-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.

they'll fire your ass on the spot :doh:

theplatypus
03-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Both sides need to get their heads out of their respective asses.

mesaSteeler
03-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Both sides need to get their heads out of their respective asses.

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner! :applaudit::applaudit::hatsoff::hatsoff::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
i have to disagree. From everything i've seen so far, i think the players side has been more unreasonable.

Besides, in the big picture, the owners should get more money..they own the teams. Where you work, doesn't the owners of the company make more than you? Walk in to work tomorrow and start demanding that you start getting "your fair share" of the companies profits and see what happens.
the day my employer starts making millions just because i work there , you can rest assure that i will be demanding a huge raise. how many people do you see paying hundreds of dollars for a jersey with the team owners name on it ? :noidea:

pete74
03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
i dont see how the players can complain, they make alot of money. its not like normal people can go complain that they want millions more because there CEO made 20million in bonus money the year before. i think the players should be happy they get what they do

stb_steeler
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM
i dont see how the players can complain, they make alot of money. its not like normal people can go complain that they want millions more because there CEO made 20million in bonus money the year before. i think the players should be happy they get what they do

I agree they get paid plenty.....Every place that we suvilians work could never go into work and tell them we know the company makes millions so we want a cut of that. It dont work that way. Its called a business for a reason.