PDA

View Full Version : Arnaz Battle

DanRooney
03-13-2011, 11:08 AM
What a piece of shit signing. :wave:

Merchant
03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
It was more to bolster the special teams. We all remember the special teams of 2009 and how many games they lost us.

PhantomJB93
03-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I hope he gets cut to make way for SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

austinfrench76
03-13-2011, 02:03 PM
He's no super star for sure but who would you rather have had?? He bolstered our special teams and we had no other recievers for depth.

MasterOfPuppets
03-13-2011, 02:26 PM
what did he have ? 5 .. 6 ? tackles .... for about 2 million bucks ...what a bargain...:thumbsup:

fer522
03-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I hope he gets cut to make way for SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :monkey:

you joking right? :joker:

DanRooney
03-13-2011, 04:15 PM
what did he have ? 5 .. 6 ? tackles .... for about 2 million bucks ...what a bargain...:thumbsup:

Exactly. I guess it's better than guys who can't stay in their lanes (Joe Burnett, Patrick Bailey, Arnold Harrison), but $2 million for a handful of tackles is beyond disgusting. The real reason why the special teams got better is because Stevenson Sylvester and Emmanuel Sanders are absolute beasts on that squad. Sanders will probably become a gunner so we can get rid of Madison.

And don't knock Sweed. At least he saw the field on offense and made a couple of catches. He can only get better. Battle is what he is.

Fire Arians
03-13-2011, 05:37 PM
battle sucks

pancake
03-15-2011, 04:04 AM
I hope he gets cut to make way for SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

I still have hope that Sweed becomes the player we all hoped... :hope:

kirklandrules
03-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Exactly. I guess it's better than guys who can't stay in their lanes (Joe Burnett, Patrick Bailey, Arnold Harrison), but $2 million for a handful of tackles is beyond disgusting. The real reason why the special teams got better is because Stevenson Sylvester and Emmanuel Sanders are absolute beasts on that squad. Sanders will probably become a gunner so we can get rid of Madison.

And don't knock Sweed. At least he saw the field on offense and made a couple of catches. He can only get better. Battle is what he is.

Not sure about you guys, but I don't want to see one of your future star WRs acting as a gunner on coverage units.

MasterOfPuppets
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
larry foote made 3.9 million in 2010 ... i don't see that as money well spent either .:doh:

8 million for foote , battle , and randel el in 2010 ...that 8 million could've went a long way towards a quality linemen....:banging:

Steeldude
03-15-2011, 11:44 AM
battle was merely insurance in case the rookies struggled. he wasn't singed to be the end-all-be-all of WRs.

i would rather talk about starters who should be upgraded rather than a bench player who will be cut.

is woodley worth 10 mil? based on his play so far it's a no. maybe when he starts putting forth the effort harrison does. i see harrison all over the field. that includes woodley's side.

ricardisimo
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
battle was merely insurance in case the rookies struggled. he wasn't singed to be the end-all-be-all of WRs.

i would rather talk about starters who should be upgraded rather than a bench player who will be cut.

is woodley worth 10 mil? based on his play so far it's a no. maybe when he starts putting forth the effort harrison does. i see harrison all over the field. that includes woodley's side.
Not sure where you're coming from with this. Woodley's hardly a slacker. How many people have more sacks than him over the past three years? Two, maybe three others? True, he's streaky, but part of that is tendencies that develop with the other teams, and where they throw their protection. I noticed Timmons' and Farrior's numbers zoom when Harrison and Woodley dropped off.

The Battle thing is nothing less than infuriating. Everyone talks about how we cut Thadeus Gibson so as to keep a roster spot open for Aaron Smith, but I view it as keeping a roster spot open for Battle. We'll see in the next few years what we passed up on, but I have a bad feeling about it.

Steeldude
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Not sure where you're coming from with this. Woodley's hardly a slacker. How many people have more sacks than him over the past three years? Two, maybe three others? True, he's streaky, but part of that is tendencies that develop with the other teams, and where they throw their protection. I noticed Timmons' and Farrior's numbers zoom when Harrison and Woodley dropped off.

The Battle thing is nothing less than infuriating. Everyone talks about how we cut Thadeus Gibson so as to keep a roster spot open for Aaron Smith, but I view it as keeping a roster spot open for Battle. We'll see in the next few years what we passed up on, but I have a bad feeling about it.

a LB is more than some sacks. woodley better have a motor that matches harrison's now. IMO, woodley is more a product of the system.

SacknificentStew56
03-18-2011, 01:58 PM
I would love to give Sweed another shot. We all know how p!$$ poor of a performance he's given when he had plenty of opportunities to make plays. I hope he's motivated enough to want to produce and earn some serious playing time.