PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Fans are worthless

Hayeksheroes
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Let's face it. You aren't paying enough. The Steelers and the Rooneys have given Steeler nation 2 Lombardi trophies and a 2nd place finish last year. How do we show our gratitude? By letting the players go underpaid,by denying the players and their families healthcare, by forcing Rookies to play for less than peanuts, by telling the owners, that no, you can't make tens of billions of dollars a year off your team,

It's all real simple. If we in Steelers Nation agree to pay more, chip in, then we can have an NFL season this fall.

Big Ben has an expensive wedding coming up.

We have to fix the exploitation of college football players. Rookies that have not played a down of professional football all deserve multi million dollar contracts like Sam Bradford. These are athletes who are exploited by the college system. They earn millions of dollars for the Universities and get only an education in return. These players don't go to class. Who are we kidding?

The NFLPA wants better healthcare. I thought this was decided last March with Obamacare. But the players want the platinum coverage for life. We the fans need to give it to them. It's their civil right. Who are we to deny them their rights?

Plaxico Burress and Michael Vick both had to file for bankruptcy a few years ago when they went to jail. You would think that this multi millionaires would at least ensure them of financial security. You are wrong. A player has to maintain his image and his posse and his harem, his 5 benzes, his 3 mansions, and his tiffany jewelry collection. That takes big dough. The NFL is just not paying them enough. We need to make sure that when a franchise tag is put on a player, he's getting paid what the franchise is worth. This is the right thing to do.

I know everybody was impressed with the Jones's Cowpalace. That takes more than just bling to build. That's real capital. Every owner deserves a Jones style cowpalace. Most owners are billionaires. Times are tough. Can you imagine if a billionaire's net worth fell to the hundreds of millions? What would the neighbors say? If the billionaire had to downsize his 737 to a Learjet? Please, people. We can't have the Housewives of Dallas and Atlanta going to sit in the endzone. Come on. The NFL owners deserve 55% of the revenue. How many of you got the balls to go to your local politicians, fund their campaign and in return ask them to build a billion dollar stadium at taxpayer expense?

So the NFL season depends on you? Yes, you the cheap arse fan who works long hours but apparently not long enough to pay $600 for NFL Ticket instead of $300. Yes, you will pay stub hub or some schlep on E Bay $200 for a ticket, but you won't pay the Rooney's for the same privilege. Then you complain about the high cost of hot dogs and beer at the stadium. You try to smuggle in your own brew. You go to Turtle creek outlet to buy your apparel instead of NFL.com. I'm just saying that you are the cause of the lockout. If we just paid more, then everyone would be happy.

Do you want to go back to the days when players often got free beer after games and a league minimum of $6,000 dollars per season? When an NFL ticket was less than $5. When you could not see the Steelers on TV because they was Direct TV? There weren't satellites either.

Come on. Football is one of the most expensive games played by some of the best paid athletes. Billionaire playboys run the teams. They want more and more. Do we have the right to deny them more? Are you with me? :banging:

SteelCityMom
03-15-2011, 05:41 PM
LMFAO! Didn't you make a thread about capping ticket prices? And now we aren't paying enough?

I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for people who...at peanut prices...are playing for at least hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, and at most millions of dollars a year.

Underpaid? Denying them healthcare? We the fans need to provide them with platinum healthcare for life?

I'm not they're goddamned employer. I've got my own shit to take care of. If they can't manage on their salaries that's their problem, not mine.

Chip in. :sofunny:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UdxYSPBFtYM/SY30usgz_gI/AAAAAAAAALo/1oRireep_Xs/s400/What_The_Shit.jpg

TRH
03-15-2011, 06:19 PM
the NFLPA kills me. They want better healthcare. Waah.Waah. Waaaaaaaaaah.

Even with lousy healthcare or if they have to pay it all themselves. they still pay FAR less as a percentage of income than almost every American family in existence. Boo F-ing Hoo.
I have NO sympathy for that.

stb_steeler
03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Dont know where you work but, most of us cant afford expensive ticket prices. Id rather make sure theres food on my own table before a millionare athlete gets it!

BigRick
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Hopefully he's trying to be facetious. If not he needs a reality check. :tt03:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
03-16-2011, 02:24 AM
Guys, it's pretty clear he's being sarcastic. Calm yourselves lol.

Wallace108
03-16-2011, 02:40 AM

:sofunny:

I love satire. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
03-16-2011, 03:15 AM

Yeah...I realized it was a couple of hours later. But I run on fumes most of the time and have frequent blonde moments...plus it seemed like a good enough excuse for me to use the "What the shit" picture. :chuckle:

cloppbeast
03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Normally when it comes to collective bargaining, there's a cartel on one end - labor - negotiating with a single entity - a single business. I side with businesses in these instances because it's labor trying to drive up prices above market value. In the case of the NFL, we have owners banding together forming a cartel of their own. It seems to me the owners are being quite disengenious and ask for a lot out of the players. Owners build stadiums when unnecessary and receive subsidies from local government to do so - and then have the nerve to complain about money. The NFL has never been more popular than it is today, and I find it entirely rediculous that the NFL would even try to claim it has money problems.

I'm with the union on this one. Combined with the fact owners are lying through their teeth, the players have been more willing to compromise and have even yielded on the 18 game schedule.

kirklandrules
03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Hayeksheroes is right! If we don't step to the plate and pay fees that support the demands from both the players and owners, we might just find out our heroes aren't playing for the love of the game. Can you imagine getting a pound of sliced turkey handed to you at the local grocery store by a former NFL linebacker? And I'd hate for the owners to have to go through the process of getting huge tax write offs when they fold their teams. Given current politics, those write offs will probably disappear. So you just might find Jerry Jones standing in line with you waiting for his sliced turkey holding a handful of coupons. This is America dammit and we have to ensure we keep the elite entitled!

SteelersinCA
03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Hayeksheroes is right! If we don't step to the plate and pay fees that support the demands from both the players and owners, we might just find out our heroes aren't playing for the love of the game. Can you imagine getting a pound of sliced turkey handed to you at the local grocery store by a former NFL linebacker? And I'd hate for the owners to have to go through the process of getting huge tax write offs when they fold their teams. Given current politics, those write offs will probably disappear. So you just might find Jerry Jones standing in line with you waiting for his sliced turkey holding a handful of coupons. This is America dammit and we have to ensure we keep the elite entitled!

Wait just a damn minute! You think an NFL LB is qualified to slice a turkey?!?! Or that they will know how to read the machine that says 1.00lb?? Come on...

kirklandrules
03-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Wait just a damn minute! You think an NFL LB is qualified to slice a turkey?!?! Or that they will know how to read the machine that says 1.00lb?? Come on...

I thought one of the core college classes for NFL bound players was Turkey Slicing 101. Glass Blowing and Basket Weaving are also popular classes, but there isn't much demand for those key skill sets.

SteelersinCA
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Turkey slicing is in the advanced track. It has sharp objects and multiple parts; picking the right meat, slicing, bagging, weighing and applying stickers.

ebsteelers
03-16-2011, 04:24 PM
hope this is all scarsitic...

was lucky enough to spend money to go to the steelers/ravens playoff game... between the tickets, ride out there, and miscellous,

these games cost an arm and a leg... damn near a 2 week pay check, granted it was the trip of a life time but still

go steelers

fer522
03-16-2011, 06:18 PM
im ready to chip in just got me a part time job, i just need to know who to send the check to
anybody with that info please PM me

thank you :sofunny: :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
well.......I have been using my money to help my grandmother pay for her prescription drugs.

But if the NFL owners and players really, REALLY need it, I guess I could send them that money every month instead.

Hayeksheroes
03-17-2011, 12:48 AM
hope this is all scarsitic...

was lucky enough to spend money to go to the steelers/ravens playoff game... between the tickets, ride out there, and miscellous,

these games cost an arm and a leg... damn near a 2 week pay check, granted it was the trip of a life time but still

go steelers

Mendenhall and Peterson think they are slaves. "It's modern-day slavery, you know?" Peterson told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday. "People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money ... the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey without us, there's no football.'

Read more: Mendenhall backs Peterson's 'slave' comment - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_727833.html#ixzz1GpT1JSkk

kirklandrules
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Mendenhall and Peterson think they are slaves. "It's modern-day slavery, you know?" Peterson told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday. "People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money ... the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey without us, there's no football.'

Read more: Mendenhall backs Peterson's 'slave' comment - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_727833.html#ixzz1GpT1JSkk

They obviously have some pretty generous masters/owners. Not only are they highly, highly compensated, but I can tell you that if I spoke like this my masters/owners would fire my arse!

fer522
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
They obviously have some pretty generous masters/owners. Not only are they highly, highly compensated, but I can tell you that if I spoke like this my masters/owners would fire my arse!

THANK YOU :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bornaSteelersfan
03-17-2011, 05:13 PM

More likely :whip: