PDA

View Full Version : look at this crap

Big D
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
tell me what you think of this garbage http://www.steelertribute.com/L_WORST_PRSNL.HTM

x7x24x
05-12-2006, 03:04 PM
tell me what you think of this garbage http://www.steelertribute.com/L_WORST_PRSNL.HTM

i just think its crap that they call them bad personnel moves by drafting someone who doesnt work out as planned. all players coming out of the draft are a gamble. itd be different if u knew they were bad and they still drafted them.

Big D
05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
exactly go ahead and talk about the bad. how about the good look at all the good picks we have had the past 10 years

tony hipchest
05-12-2006, 03:17 PM
i dont see the problem. unless you think cutting unitas, passing on jim brown and dan marino were great personnel moves.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2006, 03:18 PM
It's always easy to look back at the bad picks. We could be the Browns..........

At the same time, those were bad moves and decisions.

Big D
05-12-2006, 03:20 PM
trust me i'm not saying passing on marino or cutting unitas were good moves. We did have bradshaw and mark malone when marino was comming out. And plus you never know how good marino would have been in our system. or how much of a affect don shula was on marinos career.

tony hipchest
05-12-2006, 04:20 PM
trust me i'm not saying passing on marino or cutting unitas were good moves. We did have bradshaw and mark malone when marino was comming out. And plus you never know how good marino would have been in our system. or how much of a affect don shula was on marinos career. yeah, and if malone woulda played in miami he woulda thrown for 50,000+ yards in his career. an marino woulda fizzled and been out of the league by 1990 if he was a steeler. regardless of the what ifs, passing on marino was a bad move if we didnt land a barry sanders type. just like the teams who passed on michael jordan. picking olajuwan is excusable, picking sam bowie is not.

its not like this article is called "the 10 worst personnel moves in nfl history"

melroseplace
05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
in order to be great you need to take risks. the Steelers have done that...some have worked out, some haven't. but look at the big picture: we've won 5 Super Bowls. I say they're doing a damn fine job

Rick97
05-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Passing on Dan Marino only seems a monumental mistake in hindsight. At the time, he was just another unproven rookie coming into the league. Sometimes teams have to say "Thanks but no thanks", and sometimes it's for the best. Think Lawrence Phillips and Ryan Leaf.

Mosca
05-12-2006, 09:22 PM
I was at Pitt when Marino was there and the drug knock on the guy was real. Remember this was the early '80s, the days of Jason Thompson, Dale Berra, Rod Scurry, Kevin Koch, et al. No one could foresee that he was going to clean up with no issues and go on to greatness. The Steelers and a lot of other teams passed on him because of that. In hindsight maybe, but at the time no one had a crystal ball.

I liked that website. It's fun to look back at all the mistakes and laugh.

Tom

Midnightwriter07
05-12-2006, 09:25 PM
drug knock ? i dont remember a drug knock on Marino ... i only saw Pitt play in a few games that year and i was only 8 lol

jaysta
05-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Am I missing something here? Why are some guys really upset with this article? It's not ripping on the Steelers, just some of the moves that we either passed on or didn't work out. If you recall, we had some real bad seasons due to poor drafting. Someone just threw a few of them together and made a Top Ten List. It's kind of cool to look back at what didn't work out, and see where we are today with that big chunk of gold on the thumb. I've been waiting to complete that "One For The Thumb" sticker collection since I was a kid in 1980. (LOL) Now it's finally complete. I just hope that no one from this past draft makes the list. Peace all! :peace:

3 to be 4
05-12-2006, 10:55 PM
trust me i'm not saying passing on marino or cutting unitas were good moves. We did have bradshaw and mark malone when marino was comming out. And plus you never know how good marino would have been in our system. or how much of a affect don shula was on marinos career.

Bradshaw was about gassed by then

clevestinks
05-13-2006, 08:00 AM
exactly go ahead and talk about the bad. how about the good look at all the good picks we have had the past 10 years
Exactly right, no team is perfect, but we do one helluva job. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2006, 09:05 AM
They are just pointing out the 10 dumbest moves. Which obviously they were.

tony hipchest
05-13-2006, 12:05 PM
drug knock ? i dont remember a drug knock on Marino ... i only saw Pitt play in a few games that year and i was only 8 lol

rumors were he liked to party with the powder. going offa what mosca said, i have an aunt and uncle who are about marinos age and both said the rumors were true from what they witnessed, when they used to go to keg parties at the dorms.

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it's actually a good article. Every team makes mistakes, and the good one's learn from them.

For example...don't draft DE's from FSU and try to turn them into LB's in a 3-4 before round 5, and NEVER do it rd 1.

As for the Marino rumors, I was 13-14 and I remember hearing about it...maybe even back then it was just disinformation.