PDA

View Full Version : A Few Mock Drafts

PhantomJB93
03-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Since as far as I can tell our 3 *most likely* first round picks are Pouncey, Brandon Harris, and Sherrod, I decided to make a mock draft for each and go from there. Which of these scenarios would you like best?

Mock Draft 1:

1. Mike Pouncey, G, Florida (trade 3rd round pick to New Orleans and select at 24)
2. Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
3. (traded)
4. Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
5. Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
6. Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson
7. Brian Duncan, OLB, Texas Tech

Mock Draft 2:

1. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
2. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
3. Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
4. Lawrence Guy, DE, Arizona State
5. Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford
6. Steven Friday, OLB, Virginia Tech
7. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh

Mock Draft 3:

1. Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
2. Ras I Dowling, CB, Virginia (trade 4th round pick to move up)
3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
4. (traded)
5. Kenrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
6. Greg Lloyd, ILB, Uconn
7. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh

bubbletownwr88
03-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Mock Draft 3 is def. the best

SH-Rock
03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't think Ras I Dowling needs to be traded up for.

ricardisimo
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't think Ras I Dowling needs to be traded up for.
What he said. The run on corners will stop before Carmichael and Dowling and a few other good ones, and we can get them with our natural slots.

PhantomJB93
03-19-2011, 06:01 PM
What he said. The run on corners will stop before Carmichael and Dowling and a few other good ones, and we can get them with our natural slots.

I just couldn't see Dowling falling to us at 64, I don't necessarily think we would need to trade up particularly far for him, maybe like 10 spots, but he had an outstanding combine and is the best "non-first round" CB prospect there is right now.

He fits everything we look for in a CB and looks like a potential Ike Taylor clone in terms of size, speed, and playing style (except probably with better hands), so I wanted to make a mock where we take him but he'd be a reach at 31 and to me it would be a miracle if he fell to 64.

SH-Rock
03-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I just couldn't see Dowling falling to us at 64, I don't necessarily think we would need to trade up particularly far for him, maybe like 10 spots, but he had an outstanding combine and is the best "non-first round" CB prospect there is right now.

He fits everything we look for in a CB and looks like a potential Ike Taylor clone in terms of size, speed, and playing style (except probably with better hands), so I wanted to make a mock where we take him but he'd be a reach at 31 and to me it would be a miracle if he fell to 64.

His stock did fall because he is projected to play FS.

PhantomJB93
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't feel like making another new thread, so here's another mock I did today when I was bored.

1. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami - Fills a need and is a great talent

2. Ras-I Dowling, CB/FS, Virginia - has been dropping down draft boards since being projected as a FS and could realistically fall to us at 63 now. I could see us doing what we did in 07 but with the secondary instead of linebackers in this situation, and both Harris and Dowling could be starting in the near future with Ike/Butler and Polamalu

3. Sione Fua, NT, Stanford - One of the better NT prospects outside of the first round

4. Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida - If we can't get the second Pouncey, another one of our Pouncey's former linemates can't hurt

5. Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas - small school sleeper who is a good 3-4 DE prospect

6. Steven Friday, OLB, Virginia Tech - We only have one backup OLB if either Harrison or Woodley go down, who also happens to be Friday's former teammate and fellow pass rusher. Florida and Va Tech reunions all around.

7. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh - I keep mocking him in all my drafts but he's a decent fullback prospect, good in the passing game, and already a fan favorite in this city. Even if Arians doesn't like FB's I think we could take him and he's a better option than most other players we could be taking in the 7th.

Steel Glory
03-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Your newest one sounds the best :tt02:

Even if Dowling ends up becoming free safety, he is faster than any of the other prospects currently at free safety and would seem to have more upside than a player like Rahim Moore would in my opinion.

We don't need a guy to start immediately at the position, so he could learn and play special teams. Plus our new defensive backs coach played both safety and cornerback, maybe Dowling could follow suit.