PDA

View Full Version : Fan Boycott of NFL and Steelers

Hayeksheroes
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Dear Roger Goodell and Players Union,
We the fans are united as group to boycott all NFL activities, media, and online sites until the labor contract dispute is resolved. The fans are the ones that pay for the high ticket prices, that endure endless hours of commercials, and that buy over priced concessions and apparel. We are your customers because we fund the $9.3 billion dollar bill. As taxpayers, we also subsidize the enormous stadiums in our cities. We have had enough and it is time that we send you a message.

During this dispute, you have ignored us. We are not going to tolerate such disrespectful behavior by the owners and the players. That is why we must send a message. We want the lockout to be resolved by April 20th. If it is not, here is what we are prepared to do.

We will not watch NFL Network and we will boycott the NFL draft.
We will not visit NFL.com or NFL team sites.
We will cancel our subscription to Directv's NFL Ticket
We will not buy any NFL apparel.
We will call Visa/Mastercard to chargeback our season tickets

Sincerely,

The NFL Fans

SH-Rock
03-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Dammit I wanted to watch the draft...

steelerchad
03-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I just got the ticket invoice yesterday. It is due May 2nd. If you don't pay for the tickets they can revoke your PSL. Not something I'm willing to give up. I am willing to make a conscious effort to take a small portion out of the pot though. Say $200 or so. If everyone did that, it would be significant. $200 = 2 beers per game or 1 less NFL jersey or Sunday ticket. I may actually cancel Sunday ticket this season. Between the games I attend and the ones on regular TV I only need it for around 4 games per season. I only needed it for 2 games last year. Hardly worth the $300 they charge. I think this is the year to get rid of it after 10 seasons with it.

The fans banding together will never happen. As soon as a deal is done we'll be back like nothing ever happened, immediately. I can talk tough now, it's the off season anyway. If there's no football on Sunday, my wife might actually expect me to do some chores around the house. This can't happen. Around late August, if a deal's not done, I will be in full on panic mode.

Hayeksheroes
03-20-2011, 06:05 PM
You can start the boycott now, By not watching NFL network, Not visiting NFL.com or steelers.com. You can send a powerful message. All those stats are tracked. When they see an unusual drop in ratings, they might just get the message.

ncsteeler
03-21-2011, 02:11 AM
I already quit watching NFL network. I used to watch it about 70 percent of the time my tv was on. I will not tune into the draft or visit any official nfl sites. If I owned PSLs for the Steelers I would pay for my tickets. Asking someone to risk losing their very very valuable PSLs is a bit much.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Why would I boycott? What exactly was wrong with the last offer, other than we have more crap being tossed back and forth.

There is no way paid tickets for this year would be at a loss to the shareholders. So that should not be a worrisome problem. If you choose to not pay for them in March than you lose them. I bet someone else will pay for them. Currently its a theory the season may be delyaed or not play at all. Not an excuse to not pay for something that you wont see/use till late August.

TRH
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
well, i'm already doing a couple of those....

- i refuse to visit NFL.com or open any email from them
-i wont' watch the NFL network on TV
-don't get the DirectTV thing anyway, so i'm not doing that one
-not buying any NFL apparel right now either

fer522
03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
yea f**k them
no nfl network
no nfl.com
no steelers.com
no nfl apparel
and almost forgot
fu*k goodel and the players union

TRH
03-23-2011, 12:23 PM
yea f**k them
no nfl network
no nfl.com
no steelers.com
no nfl apparel
and almost forgot
fu*k goodel and the players union

i never visit Steelers.com anymore after finding this site last year :thumbsup:

SacknificentStew56
03-24-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm buying knockoff Steelers jerseys until this sh!t gets resolved.

harts
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Havent watched NFL network since the Super Bowl cause I can't look at Packer Highlights.
The Draft -dont really care about it except where Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are gonna play for

Steelers need a Peterson from LSU and we not gonna get him

I just want 2011 season to start so we can move on from Super Bowl loss #2 and work on getting #7