PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mothers day......

clevestinks
05-13-2006, 12:58 PM
to all you Mothers out there. And to my mother and my wife, you are the greatest two women i know!

Hypnotic
05-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Happy Mothers day to my mom and all the mothers out there.

83-Steelers-43
05-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all the good mom's in this country.

Prosdo
05-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Happy Mother's Day!

melroseplace
05-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Happy Mother's day to my mom, all of your wives/mothers, and to the mothers of all the Steelers...if it weren't for them, we all wouldn't spend so much time on this message board :bouncy:

pucho58
05-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Happy mother's day to my mom,wife,sisters and to all the good mothers on this earth.

Lyn
05-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Enjoy your day.

Suitanim
05-13-2006, 08:12 PM
No mom's?

Where's "Fishermom"?

MattsMe
05-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Isn't this a day early? I haven't even gotten a gift yet. :dang:

tony hipchest
05-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Isn't this a day early? I haven't even gotten a gift yet. :dang:

bastard!!!! oh wait, wrong holiday!

MattsMe
05-13-2006, 10:52 PM
bastard!!!! oh wait, wrong holiday!

Dad? Is that you? :nervous:

DIESELMAN
05-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Happy Mothers Day Mom!!!!!!! and to all the Mothers in the world.....:helmet:

j-dawg
05-14-2006, 01:03 PM
well, on this mothers day, i thought i'd throw a little history out there about the origins of this holiday...

Mother's Day was originally conceived by social activist Julia Ward Howe (the renown author of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic.") during the American Civil War with a call to unite women against war. She wrote the Mother's Day Proclamation in 1870, as a call for peace and disarmament.

"Arise then, women of this day!" it began. "Our husbands shall not come to us reeking of carnage for caresses and applause. Our sons shall not be taken from us to unlearn all that we have been able to teach them of charity, mercy, and patience."....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day_Proclamation

it was a day that tried to unite the thousands of mothers who were bold enough to stand up against that brutal war. it's amazing the courage they had, especially 'cause of the fact that woman weren't even allowed to vote at that time.

of course, Mother's Day is one of the most commercially successful U.S. holidays today...

i don't really need a day to tell my moms how much i love her... although i understand it's always nice to have a day that celebrates that fact.

in the spirit of mothers day, my love goes out to all the military and civilian mothers in iraq today.... may peace prevail.

steelersgirl86
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Happy Mothers Day...to my mom and sister in law and all the moms out there..enjoy your day....

clevestinks
05-14-2006, 07:05 PM
well, on this mothers day, i thought i'd throw a little history out there about the origins of this holiday...

Mother's Day was originally conceived by social activist Julia Ward Howe (the renown author of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic.") during the American Civil War with a call to unite women against war. She wrote the Mother's Day Proclamation in 1870, as a call for peace and disarmament.

"Arise then, women of this day!" it began. "Our husbands shall not come to us reeking of carnage for caresses and applause. Our sons shall not be taken from us to unlearn all that we have been able to teach them of charity, mercy, and patience."....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day_Proclamation

it was a day that tried to unite the thousands of mothers who were bold enough to stand up against that brutal war. it's amazing the courage they had, especially 'cause of the fact that woman weren't even allowed to vote at that time.

of course, Mother's Day is one of the most commercially successful U.S. holidays today...

i don't really need a day to tell my moms how much i love her... although i understand it's always nice to have a day that celebrates that fact.

in the spirit of mothers day, my love goes out to all the military and civilian mothers in iraq today.... may peace prevail.
Interesting, nice read JDawg

Stlrs4Life
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all of the Fever Moms!

SteelerzGirl
05-14-2006, 09:09 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/whitediamonds/16d2d298.jpg

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
The day is still young, for those of you who have not yet................

http://www.steelers.com/MediaContent/2006/05/14/10/Ward_MomsDay_64137.jpg