PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Navy86
03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I enjoy reading the several differing opinions on this site. I’ve been a fan from the late 70s and seem to find myself becoming a more intense fan with every passing year.

That being said, I usually don’t get to “crazed” about things and try to temper my emotions by remembering that the NFL is, in fact, for entertainment purposes, but the media sure tests my resolve from time to time. Soooo, to provide a little insight on me, I thought I’d share some of my opinions.

Hines Ward – all-time favorite Steeler. Love his passion and emotion.
Big Ben – “Elite”, “Clutch”, whatever you want to call it, he is an amazing QB and one of a kind. Not a fan of his off-season drama, though. Whether the accusations are true or not, for goodness sakes, stop putting yourself in compromising situations!

Most disliked player – Philip Rivers. Tons of talent, but I can’t stand his whiny pout.

Most disliked team – Patriots, for obvious reasons. Hope we figure these guys out soon.

Wish they would bring back collaborative TD celebrations. Love seeing a bunch of guys celebrating together, but hate seeing an individual celebration.

LOVE the draft and am a true draft junkie!!! Can’t get enough of the draft sites. Unfortunately, I don’t watch a lot of college football, so have to rely on highlight videos and player profiles.

Players I’d love to see in a Steeler uni (not all positions of need, however) and the round I think we take them. Absolute favorites in BOLD

Corey Liuget (1), Mikel LeShoure (1), Justin Houston (1), Martez Wilson (1) , Mike Pouncey (1), Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod (1)
Rashad Carmichael (2), Curtis Brown (2), Ras-I Dowling (2), Marcus Cannon (2)
Mason Foster (3), Clint Boling (3), Will Rackley (3), K.J. Wright (3)
Jah Reid (4), Derek Newton (4), Nate Irving (4), Curtis Marsh (4)

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Look forward to chiming in now and then in the future. And of course…GO STEELERS!!!!

harrison'samonster
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the board!

pancake
03-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Welcome and happy posting! :wave:

Navy86
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Thank you all very much...happy to be here!

pete74
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
welcome to steeler fever

Wallace108
03-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome aboard. :drink: