PDA

View Full Version : sorta NASCAR related question

3 to be 4
05-14-2006, 10:44 PM
any NASCAR fans actually been to Darlington,SC? if you have, what did you think of the area? Having lived in Florence, the next town over, it would amuse me to learn all the wonderful cuisine and luxurious hotel accomadations you found amongst the cotton fields and trailer parks.

SteelerDan43
05-14-2006, 10:52 PM
any NASCAR fans actually been to Darlington,SC? if you have, what did you think of the area? Having lived in Florence, the next town over, it would amuse me to learn all the wonderful cuisine and luxurious hotel accomadations you found amongst the cotton fields and trailer parks.

Ive driven by it, it seemed nice but didnt stay in the area

tony hipchest
05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
ive never been to the south but youre assessment could help explain why nascar has dumped race dates at darlington, north wilksboro, rockingham, in favor of vegas, fontana, chicago, kansas city etc.

as much history that is rooted in darlington (the competitors love the track itself) they are worried about losing their last remaining race date. nyc wants a track. i hear they got good hotels and food up there.

3 to be 4
05-15-2006, 06:40 AM
thats what Guiliani keeps saying. I should check it out some time. i think its north of NJ and south of Connecticut. I-95?

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 08:44 AM
I believe the NASCAR property is on Staten Island, and the track is looking at a completion date of 2010.

As for Darlington, well, the location of the track really doesn't matter at all, as NASCAR fans bring their own accomodations with them. I've been to Bristol, and there's really not much there, and i've been to Watkins Glen, and that track is 20 miles from ANYTHING, with the closest town of any size at all being Corning, NY. Eventually I'll head to Darlington, and I'll sleep in my car like I do at most tracks.

3 to be 4
05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I believe the NASCAR property is on Staten Island, and the track is looking at a completion date of 2010.

As for Darlington, well, the location of the track really doesn't matter at all, as NASCAR fans bring their own accomodations with them. I've been to Bristol, and there's really not much there, and i've been to Watkins Glen, and that track is 20 miles from ANYTHING, with the closest town of any size at all being Corning, NY. Eventually I'll head to Darlington, and I'll sleep in my car like I do at most tracks.

it'll probably be more comfortable than anything else you'll find along Route 52 or on Irby Street. the Red Roof Inn in Florence isnt bad. definatly check out Rogers Barbeque on Seconf Loop Rd. awesome!!

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 09:28 PM
The key to a successful NASCAR weekend has nothing to do with the accomodations, and everything to do with enjoying yourself and meeting lot's of cool people. I passed out after drinking about 300 beers around 3 AM at Bristol in the drivers seat of my dad's minivan, and, since we were facing East, the sun came up at some time the next morning, I popped a breath mint, put my ballcap and sunglasses on and drove home.

Ahhh...good times...