PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Joey Porter.....

DIESELMAN
05-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Steelers linebacker Joey Porter isn't satisfied with one ring, so he's on the warpath again.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/29/291816.jpg

JOEY PORTER, Pittsburgh Steelers
SCI: How does it feel to be the champ?

Joey Porter: It feels good.

SCI: Do you feel completed?

JP: No. I?m still playing so you?re still writing the story.

SCI: You?re not going to lose your edge are you?

JP: No.

SCI: How do you know?

JP: I?m still hungry. I feel like I?m supposed to have a few, you know what I mean? So I have one and it?s great but we don?t stop there. I want to keep it going.

SCI: Did you see what the other division teams have done this offseason?

JP: No, not really. I?ll see how it pans out once the cats get to training camp. There are still some things happening. It really don?t matter what they do anyway. It?s always about what we do. How did we make ourselves better? That?s what it comes down to.

SCI: See anything you like?

JP: Yeah. I?m liking everything we?ve got. It?s time for everybody to get ready for their roles and get prepared so we can attack this thing full speed. We have a much higher standard now. We?ve always had high standards, but now we want to practice and play and do everything at a high level.

SCI: Are you confident it?s going to happen?

JP: Yeah I?m confident it?s going to happen. Why wouldn?t it happen?

SCI: Well, there?s the satisfaction element.

JP: No. If that was the case we would have done that after the 15-1 or 13-3 years, all the years we felt like we had a chance but lost in the AFC Championship game.

SCI: But you didn?t get what you needed.

JP: I know. We never got what we needed but we always kept pushing. Hey, we didn?t even win our division and we did it the hard way, so we?re definitely looking forward to what we can do this year.

SCI: Any upshot from Super Bowl week and Jerramy Stevens?

JP: There?s nothing to talk about. We won; they lost. That?s pretty much how it went. It doesn?t matter to me what anyone says about it.

SCI: Will you try to stay away from that type of interaction in the future or will you keep that edge?

JP: I?ve got to play with that edge. If I don?t, I might as well stop playing football period. You would look at me different if you saw me change or if I started doing something different. I?ll always stay like that. That?s what gets me up to play. I can?t see me going up there and not getting myself ready to play, not getting myself fired up, not getting my team fired up. That?s what I expect out of myself. That?s how I?m going out there. When I stop doing that, they?ll be looking for someone to take my place.

SCI: You had some losses, so will this defense remain ferocious?

JP: Yeah. We just need some players to step into the new roles and step up. (Brett) Keisel?s been playing for us already. We got Rodney Bailey back. We?ve still got Travis (Kirschke) and all those guys, so the way we were rotating our defensive line I still expect them to go out there and play good anyway. We still have our same linebacking crew. We lost a safety in Chris Hope but we got some other guys that we signed in the offseason and we have other guys who?ve been in the system like Mike Logan and Tyrone (Carter), guys who?ve been waiting their turn anyway.

SCI: It makes you think a dynasty?s possible, doesn?t it?

JP: Yeah! Like I said, I feel like this should be like two or three, for real. That?s how I feel. But it?s not; it?s our first one and we?re still hungry.

SCI: You might be hungry, but you won?t have the chip on your shoulder.

JP: I don?t think there will be anything different. If anything, we?ll be better. The quarterback?s getting better; the offensive line?s healthy; Max Starks will be more confident. I think we?re just going to have more confidence. We had confidence already, but now we?ve proven that we did it the hard way. Why shouldn?t our confidence grow? Now we?re going to have the chip on our shoulder with the confidence. The swagger will be a little more swaggin?. We?re ready and we?re fired up about it.

By: Jim Wexell
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: May 14, 2006

clevestinks
05-15-2006, 09:03 AM
A player only us Steelers fans could love.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 10:11 AM
it drives me up the wall everytime someone suggests porter isnt worth the money or needs to be a salary cap casualty. he is to the defense what jerome was to the offense. he is the heart and soul of the team carrying on a long tradition of linebackers providing the emotional edge to the steelers. that fire and agression and confidence and hunger is shown everytime he speaks.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Some people question his stats, but he's doing so much more than just rushing the passer now...he's really a complete 3-4 OLB now.

Still, when the time comes, the smart bet is to let someone else overpay him.

HburgXL06
05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I love this man. Everytime he speaks he shows how proud he is to be a Steeler. He comes out wit fire and passion and he doesn't give a damn what others think. Let the other teams hate him! They'll hate him even more when he levels their QB. Let everyone know that this is the man on defense you need to be afraid of.

BuFu

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
lets hope porter dont try to give a secret service agent the william green treatment. cant you picture porter walking into the whitehouse with his shirt rolled up to intimidate the prez? porter is nuts.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06135/690263-66.stm
Steelers Notebook: Porter expects to jaw at White House visit
Monday, May 15, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Joey Porter has a gripe to pick with his head coach and the president of the United States and, as usual, he isn't bashful to speak his mind.

First, the Steelers' linebacker wants to talk with George Bush when the team visits the White House June 2.

"Yeah, I got something to say to Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said, laughing loudly. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

Haiku_Dirtt
05-15-2006, 01:50 PM
A player only us Steelers fans could love.

Isn't that the truth. He probably stirs up more anti-Steeler setiment than anyone - maybe ever.

I got a little worried about him early last season until they apparently gave him new assignments and 'boom!' he became the "pre-bullet-in-his-ass" Porter.

Porter may be a bad ass nut but he shouldn't try to f**k with the Secret Service. He doesn't need another bullet in the ass.

coachspeak33
05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I love Joey Porter..... but I am afraid he will go the way of many other great LB's that the Steelers watched walk away

HburgXL06
05-15-2006, 03:53 PM
What does this tell you? Porter is more willing to speak his mind to the President than he is to Coach Cowher. NOW who's intimidatin. Lol.

BuFu

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 04:31 PM
What does this tell you? Porter is more willing to speak his mind to the President than he is to Coach Cowher. NOW who's intimidatin. Lol.

BuFu

here you go. the recent video of porter disagreeing with cowhers take that the steelers werent the best team last season (cowher is saying the p.c. thing and not underestimating ir dissing any of the other teams) yet porter comes right out and says the steelers shoulda been 15-1 and were indeed the best team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://kdka.com/video/?id=16233@kdka.dayport.com

porter definitely isnt a yes man. notice how he wasnt reprimanded and cowher laughed it off when joey blasted j. stevens during last years sb week? joey will talk trash with anyone. even if its just for fun. even the prez. he also said he wants to come away with his meeting the president with him calling him "peezy".

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Porter is such a bad ass.I can't wait to see him busting up QB's (or anyone else he feels like) this year.

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Excellent read, Porter is 1 bad mutha!

sheba
05-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Steelers linebacker Joey Porter isn't satisfied with one ring, so he's on the warpath again.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/29/291816.jpg

JOEY PORTER, Pittsburgh Steelers
SCI: How does it feel to be the champ?

Joey Porter: It feels good.

SCI: Do you feel completed?

JP: No. I?m still playing so you?re still writing the story.

SCI: You?re not going to lose your edge are you?

JP: No.

SCI: How do you know?

JP: I?m still hungry. I feel like I?m supposed to have a few, you know what I mean? So I have one and it?s great but we don?t stop there. I want to keep it going.

SCI: Did you see what the other division teams have done this offseason?

JP: No, not really. I?ll see how it pans out once the cats get to training camp. There are still some things happening. It really don?t matter what they do anyway. It?s always about what we do. How did we make ourselves better? That?s what it comes down to.

SCI: See anything you like?

JP: Yeah. I?m liking everything we?ve got. It?s time for everybody to get ready for their roles and get prepared so we can attack this thing full speed. We have a much higher standard now. We?ve always had high standards, but now we want to practice and play and do everything at a high level.

SCI: Are you confident it?s going to happen?

JP: Yeah I?m confident it?s going to happen. Why wouldn?t it happen?

SCI: Well, there?s the satisfaction element.

JP: No. If that was the case we would have done that after the 15-1 or 13-3 years, all the years we felt like we had a chance but lost in the AFC Championship game.

SCI: But you didn?t get what you needed.

JP: I know. We never got what we needed but we always kept pushing. Hey, we didn?t even win our division and we did it the hard way, so we?re definitely looking forward to what we can do this year.

SCI: Any upshot from Super Bowl week and Jerramy Stevens?

JP: There?s nothing to talk about. We won; they lost. That?s pretty much how it went. It doesn?t matter to me what anyone says about it.

SCI: Will you try to stay away from that type of interaction in the future or will you keep that edge?

JP: I?ve got to play with that edge. If I don?t, I might as well stop playing football period. You would look at me different if you saw me change or if I started doing something different. I?ll always stay like that. That?s what gets me up to play. I can?t see me going up there and not getting myself ready to play, not getting myself fired up, not getting my team fired up. That?s what I expect out of myself. That?s how I?m going out there. When I stop doing that, they?ll be looking for someone to take my place.

SCI: You had some losses, so will this defense remain ferocious?

JP: Yeah. We just need some players to step into the new roles and step up. (Brett) Keisel?s been playing for us already. We got Rodney Bailey back. We?ve still got Travis (Kirschke) and all those guys, so the way we were rotating our defensive line I still expect them to go out there and play good anyway. We still have our same linebacking crew. We lost a safety in Chris Hope but we got some other guys that we signed in the offseason and we have other guys who?ve been in the system like Mike Logan and Tyrone (Carter), guys who?ve been waiting their turn anyway.

SCI: It makes you think a dynasty?s possible, doesn?t it?

JP: Yeah! Like I said, I feel like this should be like two or three, for real. That?s how I feel. But it?s not; it?s our first one and we?re still hungry.

SCI: You might be hungry, but you won?t have the chip on your shoulder.

JP: I don?t think there will be anything different. If anything, we?ll be better. The quarterback?s getting better; the offensive line?s healthy; Max Starks will be more confident. I think we?re just going to have more confidence. We had confidence already, but now we?ve proven that we did it the hard way. Why shouldn?t our confidence grow? Now we?re going to have the chip on our shoulder with the confidence. The swagger will be a little more swaggin?. We?re ready and we?re fired up about it.

By: Jim Wexell
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: May 14, 2006 eather you made this up and people believe it or you took alot of time finding the ansers:m16:

Livinginthe past
05-29-2006, 11:39 AM
eather you made this up and people believe it or you took alot of time finding the ansers:m16:

You are without doubt the most bizarre poster on here.

NM

DIESELMAN
05-30-2006, 05:25 PM
eather you made this up and people believe it or you took alot of time finding the ansers:m16:
or its for real but hey you make the choice birdbrain.....:helmet:

Livinginthe past
05-30-2006, 05:29 PM
or its for real but hey you make the choice birdbrain.....:helmet:

I got a pigeon here who is lookin' pretty p*ssed at what you just said.....

NM

DIESELMAN
05-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I got a pigeon here who is lookin' pretty p*ssed at what you just said.....

NM
better tell your pigeon to deal with it...lol