PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use the Steelers.com forum?

PolaMAULyou43
04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I check it occasionally, and it's ben down for a few days for me... could it be lockout related? :noidea::noidea:

mesaSteeler
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
No,

and

Yes it probably is lockout related.

bornaSteelersfan
04-05-2011, 12:47 AM
I tried to sign up with them right after the Superbowl, but they wouldn't send me an e-mail with a login code. I couldn't leave messages there, so I found this place. This site is clearly better (especially since the other one is down).

04-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I was in the middle of our MB Mock Draft when it went down. numbah58 s/n there. Been a member over there for a long time.

I think I'm liking this site better. Hopefully some of the guys and gals over there will come here.

SteelHack
Deljzc
The StallworthSwann
gpguy
playwitpoise
grannieburgh
macdaddyo, amongst others.

Wallace108
04-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I haven't been to the steelers.com board for a LONG time. Can't say I miss it much.

Welcome to the new members. :drink:

SteelBlaze1
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
I go there occasionally, but lately I can't even find the message board. I do much prefer this site, which I am on everyday.

CABurghfan
04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Same here. Like the looks of this one.......

Maybe I'll stick around.... :wave:

Buddha Bus
04-05-2011, 06:17 PM

Welcome aboard, everybody! Glad to have you. :drink:

SteelCityMom
04-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome aboard to all the new members!

I know there are (or was) a ton of great members over at steelers.com, it's just too bad the forum itself was so hard to sign up on, or I would have just stuck around there.

Hope you guys enjoy our board here.

04-05-2011, 08:05 PM

Hey is this the same CABurgh from over yonder? :tt03:

Fire Arians
04-06-2011, 12:46 AM
no. i don't like how the registration there needs you to email an admin in a specified time block. i'm too lazy for that shit. besides the forum here is more active, so i'd rather be here.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I used to post there, but several factors made me leave:

1) Mostly unobjective, immature, and football ignorant kids post on there, that was the impression I got. If any of our elite players has a rough game, you can bet that there will be about 3 to 6 "Get rid of..." threads by morning on that forum. All anyone did on there was bicker and try to talk down on the few people who actually knew what they were talking about over there. I cannot even count how many times the children on there wanted Tomlin fired over the course of the last 3 seasons.....

2) Piss-poor administrative support/ghetto-fabulous forum: I lost my login info a while back and tried emailing the webmaster to reset my account. They instructed me to open a new account, which I did. Too bad I was not able to post on there, as I had to read a "New Member Agreement", that was a blank thread whnever I clicked on the link. I emailed the webmaster again and never got any reply. Pathetic.

And besides the horrible support, how primitive a message board do you think a multimillion-dollar organization could afford? This third-party forum we are posting on has more functionality and options than those sad official forums....

NCBlackWolf
04-09-2011, 05:09 PM
"2) Piss-poor administrative support/ghetto-fabulous forum: I lost my login info a while back and tried emailing the webmaster to reset my account. They instructed me to open a new account, which I did. Too bad I was not able to post on there, as I had to read a "New Member Agreement", that was a blank thread whnever I clicked on the link. I emailed the webmaster again and never got any reply. Pathetic.

And besides the horrible support, how primitive a message board do you think a multimillion-dollar organization could afford? This third-party forum we are posting on has more functionality and options than those sad official forums...."

Had a similar experience. If it is that hard to register then forget it. I came here and never looked back.

stb_steeler
04-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Their site is terrible. Cant get on some times, i was a member there for years. Its hard to log into message board. You cant do the same stuff as u can here. I was there the other week when this site was down for only a minute. Glad this one is back up n running.:tt:

Steeler13
04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I was having all sorts of issues on that one. Glad to make the switch.

Farrior_roirraW
04-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I haven't been on there since Cowher was head coach. :horror: