PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw on the Super Bowl, Ben Roethlisberger

MattsMe
05-14-2006, 11:59 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=16227@kdka.dayport.com

Interesting hearing his opinions on Ben wanting to throw the ball more. Apparently Ben doesn't like him?

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 10:06 AM
When he stated that Ben did not like him, he stated he believes his comments towards Ben not wearing a helmet is the reason why. Not to get into the Ben/motorcycle debate, but personally, at the time, it made sense to me. First off, it's smart to begin with unless you want your brains spilling out on the concrete. We are not dealing with a veteran motorcycle rider here. Second, people have money invested in you.

Terry Bradshaw once showed up to practice in a corvette or some type of sports car. The Rooney's went up to him and stated put that thing away. Never saw it again. If he wants to be dumb, more power to him. I find riding a motorcycle minus a helmet a very stupid idea. During the Summer I can't count how many times I hear of people crashing a motorcycle minus a helmet and their brains spilling out on 79 in the state of Pennsylvania.

MattsMe
05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
When he stated that Ben did not like him, he stated he believes his comments towards Ben not wearing a helmet is the reason why. Not to get into the Ben/motorcycle debate, but personally, at the time, it made sense to me. First off, it's smart to begin with unless you want your brains spilling out on the concrete. We are not dealing with a veteran motorcycle rider here. Second, people have money invested in you.

Terry Bradshaw once showed up to practice in a corvette or some type of sports car. The Rooney's went up to him and stated put that thing away. Never saw it again. If he wants to be dumb, more power to him. I find riding a motorcycle minus a helmet a very stupid idea. During the Summer I can't count how many times I hear of people crashing a motorcycle minus a helmet and their brains spilling out on 79 in the state of Pennsylvania.

I have to take Bradshaw's side on this one, although maybe it was the way he approached him about it that pissed Ben off. I really don't know anything about it, and it doesn't matter either way, except that maybe Ben should listen to a Steeler QB with 4 SB rings, as he just might know what the hell he's talking about.

I love the part when Bradshaw questions throwing the ball more, and the interviewer interupts with "they threw the ball in Indianapolis, got the lead, blah blah..." Bradshaw looks annoyed, and comes back with "Bob, Bob! You're talking to me." Classic.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
With all due respect to Mr. Bradshaw. But Ben is a grown man if he wants to ride motorcycle without a helmet its his business. That was way over blown. Yea the Steelers have alot of money invested in Ben. But Ben can easily get injured in a car accident as well. I guess Ben shouldn't drive or ride in cars either. One other thing I don't hear Ben doing stunts on a speed bike like a certain Cleveland Browns TE.

About Ben wanting to throw the ball more. I want a QB that wants to throw the ball more and put more pressure on himself. Ben is a team guy no worries about that. I don't think he has but himself above the team once in his young career.

Hey Terry was a great QB no doubt. I respect what he did for the Pittsburgh Steelers. But Terry should just shut up. Also I don't hear about Ben having a public feud with his head coach like Terry did in his career. I have heard rumors that Bill and Ben don't always see eye to eye. But it wasn't like the problems that Bradshaw had with Chuck Noll in his career. I'm glad Terry Bradshaw still cares and has an interest in his former team. But I think he is way off on both accounts.

MattsMe
05-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Here's another one. Bradshaw on Cowher's future, Willie Parker, the Bengals, and T.O.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=16276@kdka.dayport.com

SteelShooter
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Both Vid Reports were cool. I still love Terry. But I'm old enough to remember watching him play against the Oilers at the Astrodome (I'm from TX).....

I believe in Freedom of Choice...but this is business with the no helmet thing.

hardwork
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
But Terry should just shut up.

Never going to happen. That's Bradshaw and you gotta love him anyway.