PDA

View Full Version : now for some GOOD hines ward news

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 12:22 PM
ward going to the white house on a diplomatic mission probably wont catch the medias attention like his overblown comments to SI recently:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06135/690263-66.stm

Ward seeks support

Hines Ward, who will make a second visit to South Korea in 10 days, also will beat his teammates to the White House.

Ward plans to meet with Bush May 24 along with officials from the United States and South Korea to try to gain support for his Helping Hands Foundation that he hopes to launch in Seoul when he travels there again over the Memorial Day weekend.

"I'm meeting with some of the people in Washington, D.C.," Ward said. "It's going to be awesome."

coachspeak33
05-15-2006, 12:47 PM
I love Hines to death and there is no doubt that he will take hold of the leadership role the Bus left behind... but I liked things better when he wasnt on sportscenter or sports illustrated every damn day. These are the kinds of things that when high profile WR's do it makes me puke..... Now Hines is THE MAN, but I just want this team to lay in the weeds, prepare, and listen to all of the "experts" overlook us.

I mean seriously does any Steeler fan on this site understand why ono earth Hines would have made those comments about Cowher to SI?????????

coachspeak33
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with trying to help his family and new friends in Korea.... This article is exactly what Tony Hipchest said it was...good news, but I wouldnt have picked this offseason for our Super Bowl MVP......... I am still just amazed/confused by the SI blast on Cowher..... Hopefully, Hines and the Chin are laughing about it behind the scenes as it is some kind of motivational tactic.

clevestinks
05-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Lynn Swann now Hines Ward????? Just joking, Hines a diplomat, works for me!

SteelerFanInCA
05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Hines is the man. Looking forward to him and Santonio driving DB's crazy.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Lynn Swann now Hines Ward????? Just joking, Hines a diplomat, works for me!

thank you. works for me too. and here you go steelerfaninca

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=7166

i bet hines could end racism in one of the most racist countries in the world and it would either go completely unnoticed and be swept under the rug, or noone would care altogether. hell not everybody captures the presidents of 2 nations attention to a cause. yet he has.

but yeah, hines pretty much said he was upset during his holdout last season. big news that he said he didnt have "nothing to say" to his coach (yet him and his coach spoke and his holdout was over)

melroseplace
05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm so glad Hines is using his status to do something positive...I really hope he can improve the racism issue in Korea, that would be such a big step forward