PDA

View Full Version : Making my friend choose a team

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I am so sick of my friend's trash talking.All he does is talk trash about the Steelers,but he doesn't root for any team.So I am making a list and making him choose a team.The list is going to incorporate the following things:

team name/team colors/Super Bowl record/star player

There will be only two teams left off the list,the Steelers and Browns.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
your friend sounds like a cowboys fan.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the team he chooses.

HburgXL06
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Put the Steelers on. Then he will see that they are the superior team.

BuFu

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Put the Steelers on. Then he will see that they are the superior team.

BuFu

I don't want him as a fan,he'd make us all look bad.He can make another team look bad.

HburgXL06
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I don't want him as a fan,he'd make us all look bad.He can make another team look bad.

Ok, Steelers out, might as well get him signed up for the cardinals. They could use a few people.

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
I am so sick of my friend's trash talking.All he does is talk trash about the Steelers,but he doesn't root for any team.So I am making a list and making him choose a team.The list is going to incorporate the following things:

You know what I hate worse is people like some of my friends that always switch teams. Since I live in Bears and Colts country. Alot of them root for the Bears when they are good and if the Bears are bad then they root for the Colts if they are good. But I do have some friends that are true Bears fans.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Since the Steelers just won a Super Bowl, he's obviously not a front-runner, and not looking for a winner. Based on this information, I'd recomend:

Browns
Texans
Saints
Lions
Cardinals

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Ok, Steelers out, might as well get him signed up for the cardinals. They could use a few people.

BuFu

Here are the teams I see him picking (and the reason why):

Patriots (I don't like them and they are recently successful)

Ravens (Me and most of Cleveland hate them)

Bengals (I hate them,most of Cleveland hates them,and they are the Steelers biggest competition in the division)

Cowboys (past success and I hate them)

Raiders (past success and I hate them)

49ers (past success)

Redskins (I hate them and he'd fit in perfectly with thier idiot fans)

Colts (He's on Peyton's jock)

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Since the Steelers just won a Super Bowl, he's obviously not a front-runner, and not looking for a winner. Based on this information, I'd recomend:

Browns
Texans
Saints
Lions
Cardinals

Only reason he won't root for the Steelers is cuz I do.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 06:54 PM

Bengals (I hate them,most of Cleveland hates them,and they are the Steelers biggest competition in the division)

49ers (past success)

Oh God another person thats on Peyton's jock. Try living and working in Indiana with Colts fans. They think Peyton is Jesus Christ in football cleats. I get so sick of hearing about Peyton this Peyton that. He is a great QB no doubt. But its interesting that going back to his college days he never has won the big game. Plus watching Peyton Manning is like watching a robot. Well its nice that Peyton sets records and will set alot more records. But I'll take a QB like Ben any day over Peyton. Ben has that so called "it". Some players have it and some don't.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Before the Division Playoffs game against the Dolts,he called me and assured me that Manning would just pass the ball all over the field against us,that it would be a monumental blowout.

Which QB passed the ball around the field?Big Ben Roethlisberger.Which QB has a ring?Big Ben Roethlisberger.Which QB is the big-game choke artist dating back to his college days?Peyton Manning.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Before the Division Playoffs game against the Dolts,he called me and assured me that Manning would just pass the ball all over the field against us,that it would be a monumental blowout.

Which QB passed the ball around the field?Big Ben Roethlisberger.Which QB has a ring?Big Ben Roethlisberger.Which QB is the big-game choke artist dating back to his college days?Peyton Manning.

I know man I live 3 hours from Indy. I was at the Monday night game when the Colts took it to us. Man Colts fans were so ****y this past year. Before the divison round I heard how the Colts were going to put 40 or so on our defense. That Freeney and the Colts defense was going to shut our offense down. The monday after the Steelers beat the Colts in the playoffs. I took my Terrible Towel into work and waved it around the whole day in front of all those ****y Colts fans. Man it was like someone died at work that day let me tell you. They were all shocked that once again the almighty Peyton Manning was knocked out of the playoffs early. That was a great day for me being a Steelers fan.:bouncy:

clevestinks
05-15-2006, 07:25 PM
bengals, since most their fans are new ones anyway

CantStop85
05-15-2006, 11:11 PM
bengals, since most their fans are new ones anyway
There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon. :cheers:

HburgXL06
05-15-2006, 11:32 PM

49ers (past success)

What kind of "friend" is this guy that he is so ignorant to you about football and the team you like. If he isn't a fan of any team tell him to shut his damn mouth until he has some loyalty. It's easy to claim to be a fan of no one and then be able to bust on anyone he wants. It will humble him to pick a loyalty (and stick to it) and have to deal with that team makin mistakes and losing. I'm goin with Suit. This guy needs a lot of humbling. May I suggest the lions? I think the texans have a better chance of winnin a super bowl at this point than the lions do.

PS: Suit I will get to those pet peeve stories once I'm done studyin. Peace.

BuFu

shimmysteelerfan
05-16-2006, 12:42 AM

who isnt these days????? a f'in hate that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chair:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM

I think he can make Bengals fans look even worse.

I'd prefer him to choose the Bengals or Ravens though,that way he's hated by me and everyone else in Cleveland during football season.

HburgXL06
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I think he can make Bengals fans look even worse.

I'd prefer him to choose the Bengals or Ravens though,that way he's hated by me and everyone else in Cleveland during football season.

If you're in cleveland why doesn't he like the browns? How does he grow up in a football area and have no team affiliation? That just boggles my mind. The way he sounds he already is hated just because of his attitude. I'll say it again. Get him a team so he just learn some humility.

BuFu

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 03:51 PM
If you're in cleveland why doesn't he like the browns? How does he grow up in a football area and have no team affiliation? That just boggles my mind. The way he sounds he already is hated just because of his attitude. I'll say it again. Get him a team so he just learn some humility.

BuFu

When he started to like football the Browns weren't around,plus his dad isn't really a football fan so it's not like his dad woulda steared him into any direction.

clevestinks
05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
As long as you admit that it is just a bandwagon:dang:

Ohio Steeler
05-16-2006, 05:10 PM

sounds about right since most Bengals fans will jump off as soon as the team starts lossing like in the old days....

who isnt these days????? a f'in hate that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chair:

and just think he has yet to win the big one and more then likly will never do so.

HburgXL06
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
When he started to like football the Browns weren't around,plus his dad isn't really a football fan so it's not like his dad woulda steared him into any direction.

Ain't that a sad situation. I suggest a ravens fan. That way there will be no one within 500 miles of him that will like him.

BuFu

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Ain't that a sad situation. I suggest a ravens fan. That way there will be no one within 500 miles of him that will like him.

BuFu

:sofunny: That is sooooo true!Plus,he'd be wearing PURPLE so I can question his manhood.

HburgXL06
05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
:sofunny: That is sooooo true!Plus,he'd be wearing PURPLE so I can question his manhood.

Here's a tip. Purple is the color of gay pride. If he does become a ravens fan he may give you this argument:

"Purple is the color of royalty"

There are two responses to this.

A) ".....and you look like 'queen' wearin it"

B) "Back in the day it was but now you just look like a modern day 'queen'"

Similar responses but both I guarantee he will have no retort for that he can defend himself with.

The ravens were named after Edgar Allen Poe, just fittin that the team with such a name is drowned in negativity and death.

BuFu

SteelCityMan786
05-20-2006, 04:45 PM

I think Hipchest is right. This definantly is a Cowboys fan. But also it sounds like a Dorkgles fan.

83-Steelers-43
05-20-2006, 05:33 PM
He seems like a bandwagon jumper. Tell him to root for Cincy. He would fit right in.

SteelCityMan786
05-21-2006, 05:22 PM
He seems like a bandwagon jumper. Tell him to root for Cincy. He would fit right in.

Cincy is bandwagon jumper capital of the US:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bengal Fan
05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Screw him, he sounds like a douche anyway. So he's from Pittsburgh and doesn't like the Steelers, or anyone else for that matter? Sounds like a real winner.