PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Still Upset With Jets For AFC Title Game Benching

mesaSteeler
04-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Holmes Still Upset With Jets For AFC Title Game Benching
By
Chuck Carroll
»Football News Now Staff Writer» April 10, 2011 - 6:32 pm
http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2011/holmes-still-upset-with-jets-for-afc-title-game-benching/

More than two months after the New York Jets came up short in the AFC Championship game, Santonio Holmes is still upset with the team’s decision not to start him.

In fact, he believes that’s the reason the Pittsburgh Steelers triumphed over the Jets.

“However anybody wants to take it, whoever it was taking a shot at, that’s that,” Holmes said this week in regard to his comments immediately following the loss in January. “I was being critical of not starting in the AFC Championship Game and I was frustrated. I was very upset that I didn’t play for 10 plays. It probably made the biggest difference in how we played.”

It’s a stretch to say sitting Holmes for the first 10 offensive plays of the game actually proved to be the difference maker.

It’s not a stretch to say Holmes isn’t doing himself any favors if he has any hope of re-signing with the Jets.

The 27-year-old Ohio State product is opening to signing elsewhere, but only if he gets a multi-year contract.

“I played five years to wait for my sixth year to come up,” he added. “I don’t want to play for a one-year deal. I wouldn’t do it.”

(I see the Raiders in your future. After all who else would sign a malcontent pothead? - mesa)

vasteeler
04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
(I see the Raiders in your future. After all who else would sign a malcontent pothead? - mesa)

cowboys??

harrison'samonster
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe the Ravens too. That would be nice to beat him twice a year.

Buddha Bus
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Come on guys! It's obvious he's Cincinatti bound! :chuckle: