PDA

View Full Version : j. peezy to smack talk president bush?

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
ok. since i read the comments and brought it up on another thread thismorning, i have seen this topic on espn's cold pizza, around the horn, and pti, so i guess im not the only one who finds interest in this. since it seems to be a hot topic, might as well dedicate a thread to it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06135/690263-66.stm
Steelers Notebook: Porter expects to jaw at White House visit
Monday, May 15, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Joey Porter has a gripe to pick with his head coach and the president of the United States and, as usual, he isn't bashful to speak his mind.

First, the Steelers' linebacker wants to talk with George Bush when the team visits the White House June 2.

"Yeah, I got something to say to Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too," Porter said, laughing loudly. "I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dont worry steelerfans, porter will not do anything to shame himself or the steelers organization. but im sure he will make himself front and center, and when he goes into games next year im sure he will remind all his opponents that HE was at the whitehouse, and not them.

you gotta like just the gesture and thought from joey. it shows hes not afraid of, nor will be intimidated by the most powerful man on the planet. even if its all in good fun, and for show.

CantStop85
05-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I think Bush could take him.

melroseplace
05-15-2006, 05:17 PM
haha oh Lord, that would be interesting to witness

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Theres a few things I'd like to say to W. Give him Hell Joey!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Good I hope Joey Porter lays the smack down on George W. then I hope James Harrison treats the Prez like he treated that foolish Browns fan that ran into his path on the field.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Good I hope Joey Porter lays the smack down on George W. then I hope James Harrison treats the Prez like he treated that foolish Browns fan that ran into his path on the field.Maybe it would knock some sense into him.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Good I hope Joey Porter lays the smack down on George W. then I hope James Harrison treats the Prez like he treated that foolish Browns fan that ran into his path on the field.

:rofl: thats rough, but freaking hilarious. talk about making your mark in history.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Maybe it would knock some sense into him.

I doubt it.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Wow...he wants MORE money back? Doesn't he realize he got a substantial tax cut under Bush?

If the other guy would have won, Peezy would have gone apeshit when 25% MORE of his check went to taxes...

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 05:46 PM
:rofl: thats rough, but freaking hilarious. talk about making your mark in history.

I know I shouldn't bring my political views in here. Lets just put it this way I'm not a big fan of George W.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I know I shouldn't bring my political views in here. Lets just put it this way I'm not a big fan of George W.And neither are 67% of other Americans according to the latest polls.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2006, 06:00 PM
And neither are 67% of other Americans according to the latest polls.

Yea but alot of those same people in those polls probally voted for him in 2000 and 2004.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Interestingly, Congress has an approval rating of 18% right now. This would be common knowledge, I guess, if Congress was named "Bush".

clevestinks
05-15-2006, 06:33 PM
I saw this on first and 10 tonite, they think Porter is second all time in smack, but if he really smacks on the Pres. then he becomes number one. Only problemis he has warned Pres. Bush, so his speech writers and one liner teams will be on the ball. But I don`t think the pencil pushing geeks got anything on Joey.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 06:46 PM
I think when he sets foot in the White House, he'll realize it's a LITTLE BIT bigger stage than a football field and he'll mind his manners.

But it makes for good press in the working-class circles, and Joey will get some props for it.

beSteelmyheart
05-15-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm sure Joey will mind his manners, but it would also be nice to see him tell it like it is.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 07:07 PM
joey knows the president regards casey hampton as "big hamp" from hamptons texas days. joey will be glad to walk away with the prez knowing him as "peezy". he wont do anything to disrespect the commander in chief. he's having fun with this and unlike chad johnson promising an endzone celebration on heinz feild that he never could deliver on (for entertainment purposes), joey is schooling him (and the silly others- like t.o.) on how its really done. on the white house lawn.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm sure Joey will mind his manners, but it would also be nice to see him tell it like it is.

Joey Porter knows "How it is"?

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 08:23 PM
In my opinion, I don't care if it's a democrat or republican President, just shut your mouth, consider it an honor and accept it. I remember in years past when players of any sport would meet the President, they did not bring up their beefs, they would keep their mouths shut and consider it an honor. Nobody cares about your political beefs. Just my two cents.

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 08:33 PM
That was back in the old days...before THIS president took office.

Steelhorse
05-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I can hear it now................

JOEY=========================

george==

JOEY=========================

george==

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 08:37 PM
That was back in the old days...before THIS president took office.

Like I said, why does it matter? I don't care if it's the screw up we call "W" or the complete joke we called "Bubba". Why not just accept it as an honor and that's that? Why make it a political agenda? As if Joey Porter can change this country? Please. Buddy, your a linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Personally, I don't give a shit what Joey Porter thinks about how this country should be run. This is a guy who states he wants some of his money back.........ummmm, how much does this guy make a year? Is he not already getting a nice chunk back eitherway?

MattsMe
05-15-2006, 08:39 PM
In my opinion, I don't care if it's a democrat or republican President, just shut your mouth, consider it an honor and accept it. I remember in years past when players of any sport would meet the President, they did not bring up their beefs, they would keep their mouths shut and consider it an honor. Nobody cares about your political beefs. Just my two cents.

I'm with you. You don't have to respect the man, but you should respect the position. I'm sure Joey won't step out of line. Not if he wants to remain a Steeler anyway. I can't even imagine the Rooney's reaction if one of their players disrespected the President. :buttkick:

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm with you. You don't have to respect the man, but you should respect the position. I'm sure Joey won't step out of line. Not if he wants to remain a Steeler anyway. I can't even imagine the Rooney's reaction if one of their players disrespected the President. :buttkick:

Thank you. Like I said, I don't care if he's a Dem. or Rep. In your well stated words, you respect the position.

Steelhorse
05-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I think you all are forgetting one of the great privileges of living in this country is that you can tell the President just exactly what you think and not get thrown in jail for it. Is the Steeler reception at the White House the proper forum for it? Probably not Will Joey actually say half of what he wants everyone to think he is going to say? Probably not. One thing is for sure - he knows how to get the attention and stir up the controversy

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 08:46 PM
porter wont be going mark chmura on the prez. he will treat him with the utmost respect and maybe joke with him a little bit, man to man. its just joey being joey when a mike is stuck in his face. atleast we know he wont be going t.o. on the steelers.

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah, free speech is beautiful, but there is a time and a place. If Joey wants to call up the President and have a face to face meeting, go for it. If Joey wants to sit outside the White House and protest until he's blue in the face, be my guest. But your a guest in this situation. Act like it. Show some class and don't make a complete ass out of yourself. There's a time and place for speaking your mind. This is not one of them.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Oh yeah, free speech is beautiful, but there is a time and a place. If Joey wants to call up the President and have a face to face meeting, go for it. If Joey wants to sit outside the White House and protest until he's blue in the face, be my guest. But your a guest in this situation. Act like it. Show some class and don't make a complete ass out of yourself. There's a time and place for speaking your mind. This is not one of them.youre not buying into the smack porter is currently talking are you? as long as it takes attention offa what a horrible guy hines is for feeling disgruntled in the past, im all for it.

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 09:00 PM
youre not buying into the smack porter is currently talking are you? as long as it takes attention offa what a horrible guy hines is for feeling disgruntled in the past, im all for it.

I'm not buying it, but I think on certain topics, your better off keeping your mouth shut. In this case, Joey should be worrying about other issues. No matter what your political preference is, this is the President of the USA and it is an honor for any team in any sport. Either shut your mouth or you also have the option of staying home. There is a time and a place. This is not one of them in my opinion.

Also, I don't think many people (like myself) feel Hines is a horrible person, we are just capable of accepting the fact that Hines was in the wrong with this comments pertaining to what this team decides to do player management wise. Some feel he can do no wrong, others realize the guy should just get over himself in some aspects.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm not buying it, but I think on certain topics, your better off keeping your mouth shut. In this case, Joey should be worrying about other issues. No matter what your political preference is, this is the President of the USA and it is an honor for any team in any sport. Either shut your mouth or you also have the option of staying home. There is a time and a place. This is not one of them in my opinion.

Also, I don't think many people (like myself) feel Hines is a horrible person, we are just capable of accepting the fact that Hines was in the wrong with this comments pertaining to what this team decides to do player management wise. Some feel he can do no wrong, others realize the guy should just get over himself in some aspects. i know you dont think hines is horrible. nor do hardly any steelerfans, but he has been portrayed in a little negative light in the media here lately. joey is very calcualting and alot smarter than the cro-magnon the media would like to make him out to be (im sure he prefers it that way anyways)

we all know joey is full of bravado and machismo. he knows what hes doing and while he dont smile and clown around when hes talking smack we all knows he likes to do so and have fun. pardon the pun, but i think he is taking the bullet in the ass for his team (much like a secret service agent would). all this negative talk about hines hating cowher, and bens teamates hating him, and how much they are gonna miss the leadership and the free agents who have departed, etc. will be forgotten). now all the attention is on him. reminds me of the superbowl, where the steelers came up the decicive winners.

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I hope that's the case TH, I just feel there are certain topics you stay away from. When your an invited guest to the White House (once again, Rep or Dem Prez), I don't think it's right to bust on that. Just my opinion.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I hope that's the case TH, I just feel there are certain topics you stay away from. When your an invited guest to the White House (once again, Rep or Dem Prez), I don't think it's right to bust on that. Just my opinion. porter would be clowning regardless of if it were bush or clinton in office. rep or dem. deep down inside, i bet hes just as giddy and respectful as any of us would be with the opportunity to meet the president (except for hines. this will be his 2nd time meeting the cheif) but a giddy porter isnt quite the porter we have come to expect and appreciate.

Stlrs4Life
05-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe it would knock some sense into him.

That's impossible, the guy has no sense. (W)

Stlrs4Life
05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Wow...he wants MORE money back? Doesn't he realize he got a substantial tax cut under Bush?

If the other guy would have won, Peezy would have gone apeshit when 25% MORE of his check went to taxes...

More Republican Spin, nobody ever said 25%.

Stlrs4Life
05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Interestingly, Congress has an approval rating of 18% right now. This would be common knowledge, I guess, if Congress was named "Bush".

Imagine that, both held by republican majorities too.:busted

pitt
05-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Yea but alot of those same people in those polls probally voted for him in 2000 and 2004.

I don't care a flying fig about polls. I didn't care about them when Clinton was in office and I don't care now. I voted for President Bush in 2000 and 2004. And I'm still proud of him.

And for the record. I also couldn't care less what Joey Porter has to say about anything. He is a good but slightly overrated football player. As an American citizen he has the right to freely speak his mind... even to the President Of The United States. I just hope he doesn't embarrass the whole city doing it.

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Thank you. Like I said, I don't care if he's a Dem. or Rep. In your well stated words, you respect the position.
respect the position????....wtf????...i thought respect was earned ,not just givin blindly because of ones job.wasn't saddam also president of a country???did he deserve respect? i respect the flag we fly and the people who defend that flag,but as far as politicians go.......

83-Steelers-43
05-16-2006, 02:30 AM
respect the position????....wtf????...i thought respect was earned ,not just givin blindly because of ones job.wasn't saddam also president of a country???did he deserve respect? i respect the flag we fly and the people who defend that flag,but as far as politicians go.......

Once again, it's considered an honor to visit the White House in general. Not many have the opportunity. In my opinion, it would be much more classy to put your political agenda's aside while visiting the White House for a Super Bowl victory "congrats" from the President. Wrong stage, wrong time.

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Imagine that, both held by republican majorities too.:busted

LOL...so if there were a few more Dems in both houses, the approval rating would shoot right up there, huh?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steelhorse
05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
LOL...so if there were a few more Dems in both houses, the approval rating would shoot right up there, huh?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The last time the Dem's were in there somebody was shooting something in the oval office................... but I don't think it was the approval ratings

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 09:04 AM
I actually probably disagree with about as many things in Bush's administration as I did with Clinton's...what I have a tough time stomaching is blind hatred.

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 04:27 PM

No, not saying that at all. But it is what is today.:busted:

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I actually probably disagree with about as many things in Bush's administration as I did with Clinton's...what I have a tough time stomaching is blind hatred.

Yeah, there was no blind hatred by the Reps when Clinton was in there.

Heck, the Reps will eat there own to win, look what they did to Sen McCain.

Volpe1564
05-16-2006, 05:44 PM
well not everyone shares the neg veiws of GWB or Repub's in gereral...i dont think this is something we need to go into on this section of the board
im sure you all feel as strongly about your views as i do mine.....

and for the record McCain is a RINO.....LOL

tony hipchest
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
i wonder if joey porter would smacktalk the Pope. could you imagine him meeting mother teresa or ghandi?

caligirlsteelerfan86
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Let's just say the only Bush I trust is my own. Hard job though, I would want to be Prez. I would love to see Joey say a little something to the man, but I am sure he will be in his best behavior.

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
and for the record McCain is a RINO.....LOL

What is a Rino?

MattsMe
05-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Let's just say the only Bush I trust is my own.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: Hmm...

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlsteelerfan86

trim the bush !!!!!!!!:freddy:

3 to be 4
05-17-2006, 05:28 AM
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/Bush_Drunk.htm

i knew it all the time!

83-Steelers-43
05-17-2006, 07:36 AM

Ummm.......okay? :uhh:

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one vaguely turned on by this...

Volpe1564
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
What is a Rino?

Republican In Name Only

83-Steelers-43
05-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Porter is now backtracking his comments.........http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06137/690853-100.stm

Haiku_Dirtt
05-17-2006, 01:21 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

What's the difference between the RNC and the DNC? Thieves you like vs. thieves you don't like.

Kill the 2-PARTY SYSTEM :boxing:

Haiku_Dirtt
05-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Porter is now backtracking his comments.........http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06137/690853-100.stm

The Steeler Org. stuffed that tremendous genie back into the bottle - not easy to do.

We get enough of that crap from self-righteous "actors" with a titanic sense of self-importance. :dang: Stick to football Joey and enjoy that extra cash from your tax return.

ARKIESTEEL
05-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlsteelerfan86
Let's just say the only Bush I trust is my own

Not going to do it nope too easy could hit a big home run with that soft ball pitch. Plus I think it just as funny by itself

tony hipchest
05-17-2006, 02:12 PM

"We will be guests of the president and I would never do anything to disrespect him. I consider our upcoming trip an honor and a dream come true. Our entire team is looking forward to visiting the White House and enjoying what promises to be the opportunity of a lifetime."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good man there joey. it sucks. a guy cant even have a little bit of good ol fashionned shit talkin fun these days. amidst all the reports that jerome being gone had left a void and an absence of laughter in the locker room and that hines hated his coach and that ben doesnt get along with anyone one, joey was just screwing around, lightenning things up.

i thought it was funny.

(atleast sportscenter reported his retracted comments)

83-Steelers-43
05-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Nice to see him backtrack from his comments pertaining to that specific topic in my opinion. Obviously if he felt he did nothing wrong he wouldn't have backtracked. It's not as if the fans or media were pressuring him. With the exception of this MB, it wasn't talked about at all on the local sports shows or in the papers. The PPG had one small write up about it and that was it. Eitherway, smart and classy move on Porter's part.

SteelerzGirl
05-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Good grief... People actually believed that Joey was going to talk smack to the President of the United States of America? :rolleyes: He will be visiting the White House as part of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization, therefore, it isn't even remotely a possibility for him to do such a thing if you know anything about the Steelers' organization and how the Rooneys operate. Just because Joey said he has a few things he wanted to say to the President doesn't mean he's going to. I'm sure it was said in jest. Geesh...

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 05:23 AM
I don't think it was the fact that people actually believed it, I think it was the fact that he actually stated it to begin with. At least that was the case with me. Once again, the fans and the media in Pittsburgh did not make a big deal about this topic until he backtracked his comments. Before he backtracked there was one, small article in the PPG simply stating that Porter made the comments. There is still no out cry from fans, but now there are articles in the papers this morning, on ESPN and on the local news channels.

When all is said and done though, I think some need to realize that when your Super Bowl Champions, your words are followed much more closely. At times, your better off just keeping your mouth shut and stating that "I'm excited to see the White House and meet the leader of this nation" much like everybody else on our team stated.

CowherLover
05-18-2006, 09:43 AM
No big surprises on where everyone stands on this particular subject. I know I don't need to go into a dissertation on my opinions and/or beleifs, for those who are familiar enough with me. I wouldn't want to be responsible for stringing this subject on since "blind hatred" is such a nasty thing to focus on as we have heard on more than one occasion. There are other web sites to visit to voice your feelings on this subject matter. I will only say that the level of unintelligibilty, from both elephants and asses, is quite disconcerting. From the Federal to the State level there seems to be a disconnect with the people that vote them into office. "Hate the Congress but love my Congressman"..... everyone needs to realize the deficiencies in our respective states and start from the bottom and work our way up to really implement real change. Maybe this is a sensitive topic with me because I live in Ohio and it seems that a day doesn't go by without new charges being brought against a government official. For those not familiar with our political climate in the Buckeye, it's a very SCARY one. Anyway I'm babbling, leave the Porter topic alone already, it's a non-issue being taken way too seriously. Everybody geekin' for some scrap of football news and this is the best they can do?

Steelhorse
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Everybody geekin' for some scrap of football news and this is the best they can do?

And thank you for contributing.........

tony hipchest
06-02-2006, 08:52 AM
anyone think porter will have his shirt rolled up half way, showing the prez his abs like a lion bears its teeth, as he strolls across the white house lawn today?

shimmysteelerfan
06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
i want a picture of cowher shaking hands with good old W. that would make my day!

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I know I shouldn't bring my political views in here. Lets just put it this way I'm not a big fan of George W.

One thing you have to agree with Bush on...Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than MY gun....;)

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 03:07 PM
anyone think porter will have his shirt rolled up half way, showing the prez his abs like a lion bears its teeth, as he strolls across the white house lawn today?

:sofunny: hmmmm.... no answer. (this post still makes me laugh)

but its killing me... does anyone know if porter has met with Governor Jeb Bush yet? im dying to know his thoughts of not paying any state taxes in florida.

NV STEELERS 723
03-08-2007, 05:56 PM
They have taxes in FL ? They have trouble counting votes.

GBMelBlount
03-08-2007, 09:07 PM

Holy crap, first time I ever read this. This is one of the funniest things I could ever imagine! :tt02: