PDA

View Full Version : Will the Left PLEASE make up their minds?

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Is Bush an idiot, or is he an evil genius?

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060515-040024-3645r

Bush speak' a sophisticated 'deception'

CHAMPAIGN, Ill., May 15 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush has waged a verbal "operation of deception" that shows an impressive use of language, two University of Illinois authors say.
Far from being verbally challenged, so-called "Bush speak" has used deceptions and policies that are "a massive campaign to change the ways Americans think about democracy, globalization and empire," wrote authors Stephen Hartnett and Laura Ann Stengrim.
Their book, which says Bush colleagues also employ the practice, is titled "Globalization and Empire: The U.S. Invasion of Iraq, Free Markets, and the Twilight of Democracy."
The analysis says Bush administration statements often conflict with reality.
The statements show "the remarkably complicated ways" the administration has used the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks "as an elastic justification for waging wars of globalization and empire under the banner of free trade and democracy."
The authors said their book is offered "from positions of deep sadness and unflagging hope" to preserve the U.S. form of democracy.

MattsMe
05-15-2006, 07:38 PM

"I actually voted for him being an idiot, before I voted against it." -John Kerry

Hammer67
05-16-2006, 06:43 AM

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060515-040024-3645r

Bush speak' a sophisticated 'deception'

CHAMPAIGN, Ill., May 15 (UPI) -- U.S. President George Bush has waged a verbal "operation of deception" that shows an impressive use of language, two University of Illinois authors say.
Far from being verbally challenged, so-called "Bush speak" has used deceptions and policies that are "a massive campaign to change the ways Americans think about democracy, globalization and empire," wrote authors Stephen Hartnett and Laura Ann Stengrim.
Their book, which says Bush colleagues also employ the practice, is titled "Globalization and Empire: The U.S. Invasion of Iraq, Free Markets, and the Twilight of Democracy."
The analysis says Bush administration statements often conflict with reality.
The statements show "the remarkably complicated ways" the administration has used the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks "as an elastic justification for waging wars of globalization and empire under the banner of free trade and democracy."
The authors said their book is offered "from positions of deep sadness and unflagging hope" to preserve the U.S. form of democracy.

Well, what I hate about the "Left" is the complete lack of ideas or solutions. THey are good at bitching about everything. Bush is a liar! Bush is an idiot! Bush is trying to dominate the world! :blah:

Ever notice there aren't any solutions? :rolleyes:

Makes a moderate like me look more to the right. I am not a fan of either extreme but at least the right is offering up solutions different then things we are doing currently.

beSteelmyheart
05-16-2006, 05:53 PM
It's not so clever when less & less people believe the lies. And the more he lies, the more he tries to explain himself, the more he looks like a bewildered, weak old man, repeating the same old tired lies like some kind of broken record. Sometimes he rearranges the words to make them sound fresh, but it's still all about the "we will prevail, we will win the war on terrah"

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh boy...:rolleyes:

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, what I hate about the "Left" is the complete lack of ideas or solutions. THey are good at bitching about everything. Bush is a liar! Bush is an idiot! Bush is trying to dominate the world! :blah:

Ever notice there aren't any solutions? :rolleyes:

Makes a moderate like me look more to the right. I am not a fan of either extreme but at least the right is offering up solutions different then things we are doing currently.

As if the right would even entertasin any solutions or ideas from the left?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 08:27 AM
I would...you think I enjoy paying over $3.00 a gallon for gas? That would be a great place to start...

SteelerzGirl
05-17-2006, 10:35 PM
"we will prevail, we will win the war on terrah"

:rofl:

Great George W. impersonation, girlfriend! ^5 My boss does a great one. He had me laughin' my ass off the other day at work by impersonating George W. talking to Joey Porter. Now that's an impersonation I'd like to see on SNL. George W. smackin' with Joey Porter...(lol).

Hammer67
05-18-2006, 06:51 AM
As if the right would even entertasin any solutions or ideas from the left?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The left has solutions and ideas? What are they??!!! Seriously!!

Hammer67
05-18-2006, 06:56 AM
It's not so clever when less & less people believe the lies. And the more he lies, the more he tries to explain himself, the more he looks like a bewildered, weak old man, repeating the same old tired lies like some kind of broken record. Sometimes he rearranges the words to make them sound fresh, but it's still all about the "we will prevail, we will win the war on terrah"

See...this is the kind of stuff the left gives us...over and over. Bush is a moron...blah, blah.

No offense to you, of course. But if you are someone who tries to be objective and take in the viewpoints of both sides, this becomes frustrating. Yes, I understand people think Bush is a moron...the point was recieved years ago. What I want to hear is solutions to current problems. Make me think that the "right" IS wrong!

It is interesting to hear someone say that Bush is a lying moron in one breath then turn around and talk about all these mastermind conspiricies his government is pulling off! :sofunny: :dang: Alluding to the original post...

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I've never received a good, plausible answer to the original question...nor do I ever expect to...it was almost a rhetorical thing, done out of frustration.

Livinginthe past
05-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Bush is a guy with an IQ that a chimp would fall off his branch laughing at.

Labelling Bush a 'mastermind' of any description an absolute joke.

Its the guys that form his government are the ones who are masterminding the 'evil schemes' - guys like Rumsfeld and Cheney who are anything but stupid.

Bush happens to have been born into a famous, powerful family - he is the idiot son who has crashed just about every project he has touched into the ground.

Bush is not the Government - he is merely the public face that the backroom guys used to get themselves elected.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I vote idiot. Cheney and Rumsfeld are the evil genis. Bush is nothing more than a talking head, and a bad one at that!

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 03:49 PM

Its the guys that form his government are the ones who are masterminding the 'evil schemes' - guys like Rumsfeld and Cheney who are anything but stupid.

Bush happens to have been born into a famous, powerful family - he is the idiot son who has crashed just about every project he has touched into the ground.

Bush is not the Government - he is merely the public face that the backroom guys used to get themselves elected.

NM

Wow, how prophetic of me...right on queue, here comes the inflamatory (and also expressly forbidden via the board mods) nonsense. Actually, it looks like you jumped right to the "too far" bit this time...and, how shocking that it's in my thread.

Once a POS, always a POS. How you've managed to continually pull this same routine without getting banned is beyond me.

Too far.
Reprimand.
Nice guy.
Inflamatory.
Too far.
Reprimand.

etc, etc, etc....

Livinginthe past
05-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Wow, how prophetic of me...right on queue, here comes the inflamatory (and also expressly forbidden via the board mods) nonsense. Actually, it looks like you jumped right to the "too far" bit this time...and, how shocking that it's in my thread.

Once a POS, always a POS. How you've managed to continually pull this same routine without getting banned is beyond me.

Too far.
Reprimand.
Nice guy.
Inflamatory.
Too far.
Reprimand.

etc, etc, etc....

I dont have rely on insults to get my point across.

You whined - "why havent I received any responses to the original post".

I gave you one.

Apparently you define any opinion of mine that does not co-incide with yours as 'imflammatory" - you are the one who keeps posting political threads - youre telling me that no-one is allowed to disagree with you on them??....how laughable.

You will notice Cape Cod Steel Head has a similar post to mine - why arent you calling him a POS?

Ive said this before - you have the mentality of a child who isn't allowed to get its own way - crying about bannings and the like - just because someone disagrees with you - truly pitiful.

What surprises me is that you are allowed to continually allowed to break forum rules by littering this forum with personal abuse.

All I hear is Wahhhhhh Wahhhhh Wahhhhh.

Grow up and get a new hobby Suitanim.

NM

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 06:42 AM
I dont have rely on insults to get my point across.

You whined - "why havent I received any responses to the original post".

I gave you one.

Apparently you define any opinion of mine that does not co-incide with yours as 'imflammatory" - you are the one who keeps posting political threads - youre telling me that no-one is allowed to disagree with you on them??....how laughable.

You will notice Cape Cod Steel Head has a similar post to mine - why arent you calling him a POS?

Ive said this before - you have the mentality of a child who isn't allowed to get its own way - crying about bannings and the like - just because someone disagrees with you - truly pitiful.

What surprises me is that you are allowed to continually allowed to break forum rules by littering this forum with personal abuse.

All I hear is Wahhhhhh Wahhhhh Wahhhhh.

Grow up and get a new hobby Suitanim.

NM

F uck you. You are expressly forbidden from "stirring up shit" under threat of banning, and that means staying out of my threads, and I stay out of yours. I've ignored your innumerable and retarded Pats posts, but you can't seem to hold up your end of the bargain, can you? So why should I hold up mine? I see you've reverted back to form... "Whine...it's all suits fault, cause I'm really just a nice innocent English Pats bandwagonner fan who innocently posts inflammatory material I crib from a Patriots MB about a rival team on their board and continually blasts a government that singlehandedly saved me from being a German citizen under the Third Reich. I'm innocent!" The most hypocritical bit is your exclamation that you don't have to result to insults. Is there anything in this pile of horseshit you call a response that ISN'T an insult?

This is actually kind of comical...you're like a little kid hiding behind his mothers skirt. He throws a rock at the bigger kid, then hides behind his mommy when the kid comes after him.

Livinginthe past
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
I've come to the conclusion that you must actually enjoy getting so irate and in the process so abusive.

Suffice to say, every single time we have had these back and forths you have been the one to lower it to personal insults.

I wrote nothing personally derogatory about you in my original reply - you asked how Bush can be a 'mastermind' and a moron simultaneously - and I gave you my opinion.

Its the same opinion shared by many posters on this board, and a opinion some of them expressed in this very thread - yet you think its ok to label me a POS because of who I am.

Why didnt you reply to any of them in the manner you replied to me?

The answer is, simply, because you can.

This is my final post to you on this thread.

Feel free to have another cathartic 'episode' - im sure everyone finds it incredibly entertaining to see you get so angry.

NM

beSteelmyheart
05-19-2006, 05:52 PM
See...this is the kind of stuff the left gives us...over and over. Bush is a moron...blah, blah.

I'm not "left". I'm not right, either, but could be considered conservative. I don't have any specific party affiliations.
Just want to note, even if it is off topic, that Jeb Bush (our Florida governor) seemed to do a good job during that horrible hurricane season the year before last. I didn't look at him as right or left, Republican or Democrat, & some Floridians may disagree with my opinion too, no big deal. Nothing personal to me either way.
Just seems to me that he did a much better job with disaster response than his brother & the governor of Louisiana, combined.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I've come to the conclusion that you must actually enjoy getting so irate and in the process so abusive.

Suffice to say, every single time we have had these back and forths you have been the one to lower it to personal insults.

I wrote nothing personally derogatory about you in my original reply - you asked how Bush can be a 'mastermind' and a moron simultaneously - and I gave you my opinion.

Its the same opinion shared by many posters on this board, and a opinion some of them expressed in this very thread - yet you think its ok to label me a POS because of who I am.

Why didnt you reply to any of them in the manner you replied to me?

The answer is, simply, because you can.

This is my final post to you on this thread.

Feel free to have another cathartic 'episode' - im sure everyone finds it incredibly entertaining to see you get so angry.

NM

Angry? Catharsis is the release of anger. You are the interloper on this board. You are the instigator. Every now and then, I have to remind you of that fact, and knock you down a peg or two. It doesn't register with you because you have a serious God complex, but that's not MY problem.

I respect every US citizen on this board who wants to blast the President...they've earned that right.

You.
Have.
Not.

You're English. Until the English fix all their own problems, and can somehow find a way to pay back the US for saving their asses at least twice in the last hundred years, don't opine on ours.

Hammer67
05-20-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm not "left". I'm not right, either, but could be considered conservative. I don't have any specific party affiliations.
Just want to note, even if it is off topic, that Jeb Bush (our Florida governor) seemed to do a good job during that horrible hurricane season the year before last. I didn't look at him as right or left, Republican or Democrat, & some Floridians may disagree with my opinion too, no big deal. Nothing personal to me either way.
Just seems to me that he did a much better job with disaster response than his brother & the governor of Louisiana, combined.

I wasn't insinuating anyone here is. I will not pretend to know everyon'es political views by a few posts on a Steelers board. It was more a general rant against this tired assumption that Bush is stupid. It is unenlightening. I look at as at least this guy went to Yale and he was smart enough to at least pass as a Governor and president. He can't be stupid to that degree.

I Also find it interesting that 99% of the people who call him stupid have never met the man. Seems kind of hard to judge someone that way without meeting them. I am not a huge supporter of Bush in everything, though.

I would like to see more ideas from the political left.