PDA

View Full Version : vikings rookie qb tavaris jackson

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
2nd round pick. phil simms said he thought this was the best qb going into the draft with the most upside. he compared his armstrength and throws to that of randall cunningham. word is he amazed people at mini-camps this week and that their new head coach, childress, is the perfect guy to bring this player along. (he did bring mcnabb along)

Suitanim
05-15-2006, 09:30 PM
If he can sit for a couple years, maybe.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 10:56 PM
at this point it seems the vikings are sold on brad johnson for the next 2 years. and really, that may be a better option than kurt warner to serve as a tutor (johnson probably has more longevity). the top 3 qb's will be tutored by warner, plummer, and volek.

Ambridge
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I never heard of Jackson until draft day.
One of the networks showed a quick highlight clip of him throwing a straight line rocket deep down the field and hitting the receiver for a completion who had pretty good coverage on him.

Could be a diamond in the ruff.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
If the guy can sit behind Brad Johnson and learn the system and just plain learn then I think he could be a very good QB in this league.I think Chidlress is set on Jackson taking over in two years when Johnson's contract is up.The kid is a diamond in the rough.