PDA

View Full Version : everybody bow your heads. d. flutie has decided...

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 09:21 PM
....to retire. i think he should go into the hall of fame as a steeler

83-Steelers-43
05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Here's to hoping Brady doesn't have a mental breakdown. Hey guys, remember what he did at Boston College....*yawns*.

3 to be 4
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
why is this news? didnt he announce this a month ago?

Matt Cassel is better anyway.

tony hipchest
05-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Matt Cassel is better anyway. maybe. but can he dropkick an extra point at the whim of chris berman?

"rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'"

Livinginthe past
05-16-2006, 12:18 AM
I think this puts a massive dent in any aspirations the Patriots had of winning the SB this year.

Let the 'rebuilding' begin.......

I only hope we dont embarrass ourselves by letting the Dolphins win the division by too many games......

NM

hardwork
05-16-2006, 02:11 AM
>>>"My fondest memory of playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers was the twinkle in Arthur J. Rooney's eyes. When we pass the statue, we will be forever reminded of that twinkle." - Jack Lambert<<<

Double yawn.

HburgXL06
05-16-2006, 02:23 AM
>>>"My fondest memory of playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers was the twinkle in Arthur J. Rooney's eyes. When we pass the statue, we will be forever reminded of that twinkle." - Jack Lambert<<<

Double yawn.

What the hell does that have to do with anythin? That's one hell of a lame ass comeback. I'm sorry you lose, please try again next time.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
05-16-2006, 03:32 AM

Double yawn.

Ah yes, proud NFL history. Something you wouldn't understand. I'm sorry that I insulted Doug Flutie of all people....lol. Do we also fantasize about "maneuvering" his stick?

Ambridge
05-16-2006, 03:54 AM

I think he should too.
The Steelers and maybe two other teams are the only ones in the NFL/CFL Doug hasn't played for.
There are many happy lampshades in New England hoping to be sitting atop Mr. Flutie's head in the next few days.

Ohio Steeler
05-16-2006, 05:04 AM
:sofunny: about time this wached up so called QB retires, However he will be missed :sofunny:

boLT fan
05-16-2006, 04:55 PM
:sofunny: about time this wached up so called QB retires, However he will be missed :sofunny:

I can't believe you're calling one of the most professional QB's a washed up QB. He knew his place was a backup and he seemed to take with stride and helped out the young QB's.

tony hipchest
05-16-2006, 05:56 PM
does this mean the pats will sign vinnie testaverde? or maybe vinnie barbarino?

Livinginthe past
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Flutie was great at what he did - there are quite a few arrogant QB's out there who are absolutely no value to young up'n'coming QB's - they are often more interested in trying to hold down the No.2 spot rather than help develop new talent.

Im guessing any criticism of Flutie on this board is mostly tongue in cheek stuff - he is one of life's over achievers and always gives 100%.

NM

tony hipchest
05-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Flutie was great at what he did - there are quite a few arrogant QB's out there who are absolutely no value to young up'n'coming QB's - they are often more interested in trying to hold down the No.2 spot rather than help develop new talent.

NMflutie wasnt exactly the best mentor to rob johnson in buffalo but yeah, hes a good guy. and i like his cause for autism. plus he helped me win a ff sb when he rotated with rob. plus he announced he wants to go into the 2011 hof class as a steeler. what a guy.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 08:03 PM
I liked Flutie,he was always professional and he was just always likable.He knew when the time came to be a back up and accepted it.The only time this wasn't apparent was in Buffalo,where he was really being pushed out when he didn't deserve to be.

Ohio Steeler
05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
I can't believe you're calling one of the most professional QB's a washed up QB. He knew his place was a backup and he seemed to take with stride and helped out the young QB's.

I cant stand him and never had, hell if I owned a team he would be no less then a waterboy....