PDA

View Full Version : A small dark cloud for now

Atlanta Dan
05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Quote from the P-G

Cowher did not single out anyone, but not all of his players reported back in tip-top shape.

"No, there were some people that I discussed weight with. There are a few people that know where they need to be and aren't there yet."

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06136/690445-66.stm

Not the quote I want to read - it is my understanding that one of the hardest parts of the season after going to the Super Bowl is not just the acclimation but fallling behind on offseason conditioning. Wonder who the fat boys are?

SteelShooter
05-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Mannnnnnnn. Not everyone seems to have the same mindset as Hines in previous posts/articles.

I would just about gaurantee that Trai Essex is one of the chubby club members. Articles about him during the draft last year spoke of his bad dining habits and the fact that he ate his way out of a tight end chance.

Bill will get 'em back.....or they will be sitting out. :kick:

OX1947
05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Duce is one of them so far that I heard.....

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2006, 02:03 AM
i wouldn't panic to much,i'm sure this happens every year......

83-Steelers-43
05-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Seems like straight up muscle mass, guy looks like a pit bull (Staley)....................

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20060514pdsteelers0513i_230.jpg

Suitanim
05-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I hope it's not Casey Hampton again...

clevestinks
05-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, that they are all on a media blitz after winning the big one. Now its time to get back to business.

Ambridge
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, that they are all on a media blitz after winning the big one. Now its time to get back to business.

For lack of a better phrase the Steelers simply need to put Superbowl XL behind them and get over it.

IMO Cowher should run his hardest training camp in his career this July to set a strict tone and knock out the last glory of SBXL.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2006, 12:03 PM
For lack of a better phrase the Steelers simply need to put Superbowl XL behind them and get over it.

IMO Cowher should run his hardest training camp in his career this July to set a strict tone and knock out the last glory of SBXL.

Agreed.

The chubby guys are probally linemen.Possibly Hampton,but I know Casey will get back to his normal weight.Probally Essex,the guy does nothing but eat,he's a human garbage disposale.I don't think Duce is one,if he came in heavier it looks like it was from a gain in muscle not a gain in body fat.Hopefully the extra muscle will help him absorb the hits he's gonna take and help him stay healthy.

Midnightwriter07
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
It is only May.. I am sure will be fine by the time pre season starts. Not everyone works out for those two months after winning Superbowl. The lineman i am sure alot were a lil higher than where they would liek to be. Tjose big boys have to work at keeping that weight down.

Stlrs4Life
05-16-2006, 08:44 PM
I hope it's not Casey Hampton again...

Hate to say it, but he was the first one that I thought of.:dang:

But I believe in the next 11 weeks, they will be doing what they need to do.

Suitanim
05-17-2006, 08:55 AM
If he screws up the gassers again at camp, Cowher is just gonna be unmerciful.