That's incredible. Best season opener in awhile. :tt03:

GameTime55
04-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Way to open up the season.

:tt03::tt03:

Atlanta Dan
04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Late bye week (good) & 5 prime time games:tt03:

1 Sun, Sept. 11 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1 p.m.
2 Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Seattle Seahawks FOX 1 p.m.
3 Sun, Sept. 25 at Indianapolis Colts NBC 8:20 p.m.
4 Sun, Oct. 2 at Houston Texans CBS 1 p.m.
5 Sun, Oct. 9 vs. Tennessee Titans CBS 1 p.m.
6 Sun, Oct. 16 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1 p.m.
7 Sun, Oct. 23 at Arizona Cardinals CBS 4:05 p.m.
8 Sun, Oct. 30 vs. New England Patriots CBS 4:15 p.m.
9 Sun, Nov. 6 vs. Baltimore Ravens NBC 8:20 p.m.
10 Sun, Nov. 13 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
11 Bye
12 Sun, Nov. 27 at Kansas City Chiefs NBC 8:20 p.m.
13 Sun, Dec. 4 vs. Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1 p.m.
14 Thu, Dec. 8 vs. Cleveland Browns NFLN 8:20 p.m.
15 Mon, Dec. 19 at San Francisco 49ers ESPN 8:30 p.m.
16 Sat, Dec. 24 vs. St. Louis Rams FOX 1 p.m.
17 Sun, Jan. 1 at Cleveland Browns CBS 1 p.m

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/schedule-release-xml/2011/2011_PIT.pdf.[/QUOTE]

JCPsteelers
04-19-2011, 06:20 PM
toughest games of the season are in week 1, 3, 8 and 9 are at the beginning of the season. Kind of soft end of the schedule.

I want some payback for the Chiefs. So pissed we lost that game 2 years ago.

harrison'samonster
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I still can't believe we lost to the chiefs that year. Don't forget though, Arrowhead is a tough stadium to go into, the Chiefs play pretty good there.

Not to mention that we have to travel to Arizona and San Francisco, that will make those games a little harder.

And Jacksonville always plays us tough, they're almost like Baltimore games.

Lady Steel
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
All the games on the schedule are very easily winnable. GO STEELERS! :tt:

bobby jr
04-19-2011, 08:33 PM
All the games on the schedule are very easily winnable. GO STEELERS! :tt:

I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens. And maybe the Ravens picked up some pointers from the Super Bowl too.

steelerchad
04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens.

PFFT.
We've heard your predictions before. You come up snake eyes a lot more than 7. I would give the Ravens the home field edge and I would give the Steelers the "we're in your head" advantage. Pick em game in my opinion.

And yeah, you're right. The Ravens probably haven't been able to forget that playoff game. Every night, waking up to that nightmare over and over.

The Ravens could very easily win this game though. After all, it is a week 1 game and doesn't have everything on the line this early in the season. This is the kind of less meaningful game the Ravens have been able to win occasionally against the Steelers.

Atlanta Dan
04-20-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't think the first one is. The Ravens are not going to lose their home opener to the Steelers. Not when John Harbaugh has all preseason to prepare and get the team motivated. The Ravens have not forgotten last years playoff game. I think It's Revenge time for the Ravens. And maybe the Ravens picked up some pointers from the Super Bowl too.

Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.

vasteeler
04-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Huge game for the Ravens to open the season - with the post-season dissension within the Ravens after the second half collapse in the playogff game, losing to the Steelers again to open the season would be devastating.

Agreed the Ravens probably picked up some pointers from the Green Bay-Steelers Super Bowl. The way to beat the Steelers is to have a QB who can make the throws under pressure. But the Ravens already knew that from watching Brees and Brady beat Pittsburgh.

Of course the Ravens do not have that type of QB - they have Flacco. May explain why they fired their QB coach and are not giving Flacco the contract extension he is whining about.

thanks dan you saved me from having to explain it to him :drink:

but i think he still wont get it

StainlessStill
04-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Wasting no time. Talk about go-time right off the bat? The winner of this should have monumental lee-way for most of the season while the loser will play catch up . Talk about a welcoming to the NFL 2011 season? Wow, hopefully Ben's dominance against Balty will continue and I assure Balty fans: BEN WILL BE THERE!:tt04:

StainlessStill
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM

Their not going to "lose" their first one so much and are "prepared" to face us so bad that Balty requested to NOT play us on a national stage! Yep, that sounds like a franchise scared to death if you ask me. It WILL be a great opener nonetheless . A treat for all NFL fans.

stb_steeler
04-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Their not going to "lose" their first one so much and are "prepared" to face us so bad that Balty requested to NOT play us on a national stage! Yep, that sounds like a franchise scared to death if you ask me. It WILL be a great opener nonetheless . A treat for all NFL fans.

U read my mind Stainless......Yo Bobby wasnt it the Ravens that cried they didnt want to play the Steelers in a big night game last season.....U sure your not related to Harbough!

steelerchad
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
U read my mind Stainless......Yo Bobby wasnt it the Ravens that cried they didnt want to play the Steelers in a big night game last season.....U sure your not related to Harbough!

The NFL honored Baltimore's request to not play night games in Pittsburgh for the last 2 seasons, but they gave them the middle finger this year and told them to shut up and get their pansy asses to Heinz Field the night of November 6th.

pancake
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I should have figured little Bobby would be back. Lol

bobby jr
04-20-2011, 07:41 PM

I disagree that losing the first game of the season would be "devastating" to the Ravens
Sure it would be painful but being 0-1 would not be that hard to come back from.

Remember the Ravens beat the Steelers at Heinz field last year with Flacco leading the team to a dramatic last minute game winning TD. So even if the Ravens lost at home they could come back and even the score on the road.

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year. And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

And I believe that if the Ravens had made it to the Super Bowl and were down by six points with two minutes to go, Joe would not have failed. I think he would have led the Ravens to the winning TD in that situation if he had been handed the ball with the chance to win it all. Especially against a depleted Packers secondary. Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory. (He did the same thing later in Atlanta, a last minute TD drive. but the team got ripped off on a subsequent uncalled offensive pass interference call against Atlanta at the end of the game)

At this point we don't even know if the game will be played but it if is I think the Ravens will be 1-0 after week one.

Atlanta Dan
04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year.

They can put that on his plaque when Flacco is inducted into Canton

Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory.

:toofunny:

Too bad for the Ravens the season did not end when the Steelers without Roethlisberger lost to the Ravens in that game in week 4

After he turned that corner, Flacco coughed up the ball on the Polamalu strip when all he had to do was run clock & punt, then failed to bring the Ravens back after the Steelers took the lead in Baltimore in December, notably short hopping the ball to a wide open receiver in the left flat that would have kept the Ravens last drive alive. That loss screwed the Ravens chance fro a playoff home game.

Then he wet the bed in the second half of the playoff loss at Heinz as a key contributor in the Ravens team effort to cough up a 21-7 halftime lead.

Ask any unbiased fan in the league who they would want as their QB if asked to choose between Roethlisberger and Flacco - we both know the answer to that question.

The difference at QB is why the Steelers have not lost to the Ravens when Roethlisberger plays since 2006.

JPPT1974
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
IMHO, this game should be on Sunday Night Football! As a main header!

bobby jr
04-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Yeah Joe hasn't beaten Ben. That will mean little next year. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Several of Rothlisbergers wins over Flacco were very close and controversial games. And Ben hadn't lost a Super Bowl until last year either.

Oh and discounting the Ravens win at Pittsburgh because Ben wasn't playing is pretty weak. The Steelers scored more points without Ben in Pittsburgh than they did with him in Baltimore. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead but their defense failed to stop Flacco in the closing seconds of the game in Pittsburgh, that is why they lost.

They are both good QB's but I don't see that much of a gap between them. There is more of a gap between those two and Rodgers.

Deserei90
04-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah Joe hasn't beaten Ben. That will mean little next year. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Several of Rothlisbergers wins over Flacco were very close and controversial games. And Ben hadn't lost a Super Bowl until last year either.

Oh and discounting the Ravens win at Pittsburgh because Ben wasn't playing is pretty weak. The Steelers scored more points without Ben in Pittsburgh than they did with him in Baltimore. Also Ben wasn't playing defense, the Steelers had the lead but their defense failed to stop Flacco in the closing seconds of the game in Pittsburgh, that is why they lost.

They are both good QB's but I don't see that much of a gap between them. There is more of a gap between those two and Rodgers.
:toofunny:Oh the Irony of you saying that. I believe you Baltimore fans know a little thing or two about not giving credit, where credits due.

Sixburgher
04-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Looks like the idiot troll is back. Joy.

Atlanta Dan
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM

Assuming you exclude minor measures of career success such as Super Bowl appearances and wins:noidea:

Lady Steel
04-20-2011, 08:58 PM
And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

I think you are being a little overdramatic. Ben is getting married in July. If by chance, according to you, there has been "damage" to his psyche, just think what the :heart: and support of his new wife will do for him. PSYCH! :tt:

steelerchad
04-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I disagree that losing the first game of the season would be "devastating" to the Ravens
Sure it would be painful but being 0-1 would not be that hard to come back from.

Remember the Ravens beat the Steelers at Heinz field last year with Flacco leading the team to a dramatic last minute game winning TD. So even if the Ravens lost at home they could come back and even the score on the road.

Finally say what you want about Joe Flacco but he was ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last game of the season last year. And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

And I believe that if the Ravens had made it to the Super Bowl and were down by six points with two minutes to go, Joe would not have failed. I think he would have led the Ravens to the winning TD in that situation if he had been handed the ball with the chance to win it all. Especially against a depleted Packers secondary. Joe Flacco turned a corner last year in Pittsburgh when he led the team to that victory. (He did the same thing later in Atlanta, a last minute TD drive. but the team got ripped off on a subsequent uncalled offensive pass interference call against Atlanta at the end of the game)

At this point we don't even know if the game will be played but it if is I think the Ravens will be 1-0 after week one.

Weak would be your countless excuses for your teams loses and your numerous reason that they will win in the future. Your beginning to be like my brother in law with your prediction of a win every time against Pittsburgh and it not happening very often. With the Browns he picks them every time and he's right about 1 out of 12 times. I suspect you will pick them every time and will likely be right about 1 out of 3 times. That's been the case thus far and I don't see it changing much.

mcg24
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
And who knows what damage the Super Bowl may have done to Ben's psyche.

You would think a motorcycle accident would have traumatic effects too, but he still finds a way to kick your team's ass every year.

Deserei90
04-20-2011, 10:56 PM
You would think a motorcycle accident would have traumatic effects too, but he still finds a way to kick your team's ass every year.WOW, I really like how you said that. Pwnage and Ownage!!:chuckle:

ggoldman
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I think James Harrison is gonna get another sack where he makes Flacco run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage

Steeler4life1972
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Bobby Jr...can we have an unbiased opinion from you for once...everytime we play the ravens you ALWAYS say they are gonna win but it hardly ever pans out when it counts. Give me some substance behind your thinking and I will pay a little more attention to you!

Buddha Bus
04-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Bobby Jr...can we have an unbiased opinion from you for once...everytime we play the ravens you ALWAYS say they are gonna win but it hardly ever pans out when it counts. Give me some substance behind your thinking and I will pay a little more attention to you!

Aaah, and therein lies the rub. You won't find much of anything resembling substance or thinking in booby jr.'s posts. :chuckle:

bobby jr
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM

I disagree that my predictions don't come true. I predicted the Ravens would beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh in the first game last year and that came true. I predicted the Packers would beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl last year, and that certainly was a game which counts.

Let's face it most of these Steelers Ravens games in recent years have been very close games which could have gone either way. The Steelers have usually won, but at least some of this can be attributed to Lady Luck. Close NFL games can go either way, one play or one bad call can make the difference.

In my opinion, there is more upside to the Ravens this year than the Steelers. Historically, the team which loses the Super Bowl has a tough time the following year, and sometimes for a long time after that. And the way the Steelers lost has to be especially troubling, having a chance to win with a two minute offense against a depleted Green Bay defense, and not crossing midfield.

Also while the Ravens have some age, the Steelers have the oldest D in the NFL.
I also believe the Ravens have a head coach advantage. All in all, I think the odds are the Ravens will finish ahead of the Steelers this season (if there is one).

Anyway time for me to go and root on my Orioles against the Yankees. Time enough for this Steelers-Ravens debate in the fall.

Sixburgher
04-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Please stop indulging the troll, people.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
I am shocked that John Harbaugh had the minerals and intestinal fortitude to actually agree to a home opener against us, I mean, after that whiner-ific tirade he put on a year or two back about "not wanting to go in front of THAT crowd in week 1"....I guess he feels safer playing us at home. Not sure why though, aren't the Ravens like 2-7 against us when Ben is starting at QB for us?

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2011, 12:38 PM
They could play this game tomorrow on the Fcking Moon and I'd still say the Steelers BEAT THE SNOT out of the purple wearing boy cheerleader scumbagg cry baby Ravens.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I am shocked that John Harbaugh had the minerals and intestinal fortitude to actually agree to a home opener against us, I mean, after that whiner-ific tirade he put on a year or two back about "not wanting to go in front of THAT crowd in week 1"....I guess he feels safer playing us at home. Not sure why though, aren't the Ravens like 2-7 against us when Ben is starting at QB for us?

Actually, this was the most Gutless choice he had.

Think it over, its not a Night Game, cause we dominate at night, its not a meaningful game, meaning, there are no real playoff implications on the line weak 1, that'll be later in the season (when we usually step up and beat the snot out of those woosies!) and its at their Stadium, in the early Game. (Not enough time for the 10K Steelers fans to really take over the entire stadium by that time, kind of a relaxed atmosphere for the 1pm game vs the 4pm game)

its like, the Ravens get the One Game that gives them any and all advantages when it comes to logistics involved.

we all know, that if this game was Week 1, Monday Night at Heinz, the Ravens would already be bitching about starting the season with a Loss to a Divsional Opponent.

So here it is, here it is Ravens, Home Opener in the Afternoon, in a Non-Nationally Televised game, if you can't beat the Steelers in this one...well then...Fck You.

And guess what? Its gonna be a big FCK You Ravens when we go in there and beat their arses into total Submission!

vasteeler
04-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Actually, this was the most Gutless choice he had.

Think it over, its not a Night Game, cause we dominate at night, its not a meaningful game, meaning, there are no real playoff implications on the line weak 1, that'll be later in the season (when we usually step up and beat the snot out of those woosies!) and its at their Stadium, in the early Game. (Not enough time for the 10K Steelers fans to really take over the entire stadium by that time, kind of a relaxed atmosphere for the 1pm game vs the 4pm game)

its like, the Ravens get the One Game that gives them any and all advantages when it comes to logistics involved.

we all know, that if this game was Week 1, Monday Night at Heinz, the Ravens would already be bitching about starting the season with a Loss to a Divsional Opponent.

So here it is, here it is Ravens, Home Opener in the Afternoon, in a Non-Nationally Televised game, if you can't beat the Steelers in this one...well then...Fck You.

And guess what? Its gonna be a big FCK You Ravens when we go in there and beat their arses into total Submission!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit: :hatsoff: