PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Ask NFL Not To Play In Pittsburgh At Night. LOL

Deserei90
04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
It's a bitter rivalry between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, but some fans say the Ravens have sunk to an all-time low.

Apparently they're so sick of losing to the Steelers in primetime in Pittsburgh, they told the National Football League they don't want the match-up anymore.

"They're losers anyhow. That's all I can say," said Steelers fan Donna Chanze of Weirton.

"I think it's ridiculous. It's just, that's just being petty," said Sue Stanko of Steubenville.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens notified the league they do not want to play nationally televised night games at Heinz Field.

For two seasons in a row, the Ravens have traveled to Heinz Field to play night games against the Steelers and left losers.

Fans told NEWS9 it's one thing to trash talk, but whining to the league is cowardly.

"It says they have no confidence in themselves. They're afraid you know," said Chanze.

In his "Ravens Insider" blog, Sun columnist Mike Preston calls the Ravens' appeal to the league a "good idea."

He said the Steelers organization "knows how to work the crowd" up for these games, and it creates a "major advantage" for the Steelers.

"Well that's too bad. The Ravens need to bring somebody to work up the crowd, bring some people for the Ravens," said Stanko.

No word on whether the NFL will take the Ravens request into consideration.

Every Year! :toofunny:

http://www.wtov9.com/news/18997830/detail.html

steelax04
04-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Definitely sucks for the Ravens... They open up against the Steelers AND have a night game at Heinz field... let the crying begin!

SteelersinCA
04-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Ravens are queens.

Wallace108
04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Are the Ravens still whining about this? :sofunny:

Updated: 3:01 pm EDT March 23, 2009
BALTIMORE, Md. -- The Ravens are sick and tired of losing to the Pittsburgh Steelers in night games at Heinz Field.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens notified the league they do not want to play nationally-televised night games at Heinz Field.

For two seasons in a row, the Ravens have traveled to Heinz Field to play night games against the Steelers and left losers.

In his "Ravens Insider" blog, Sun columnist Mike Preston calls the Ravens' appeal to the league a "good idea."

He said the Steelers organization "knows how to work the crowd" up for these games, and it creates a "major advantage" for the Steelers.
http://www.wpxi.com/sports/18993789/detail.html

Deserei90
04-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Are the Ravens still whining about this? :sofunny:WOW, so this article is old. If it is then Nevermind. lol

Wallace108
04-20-2011, 12:28 AM
WOW, so this article is old. If it is then Nevermind. lol

No, it's not old. It's a new article. They're still complaining about it. :toofunny:

Deserei90
04-20-2011, 12:32 AM
No, it's not old. It's a new article. They're still complaining about it. :toofunny:Oh well, sucks for them! Bunch of crybabies. lol

MACH1
04-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Pu$$ies

fart
04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
No, it's not old. It's a new article. They're still complaining about it. :toofunny:

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is old news. Look at the two articles posted, they're identical. Also, the OP article is incorrect, because it is old. It states...

If I recall, the Ravens haven't played a night game in Pitt since 2008 and, in 2010, the Ravens beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

The story is old. I can't find a date for the OP article posted so I can't tell if it's "new" but it's an old story. If you or the OP had taken the time to look at the article, or the video attached, you would have noticed that. Also, how does one misspell "afraid"? The more I look at that article, the stupider I get.

EDIT: looks like they put a date there, now... March 23rd, 2009...

stb_steeler
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Either way u look at it.....they are in our division, gonna have to play a night game, day game, mondaynight game, sunday night game against us sooner or later. Suck it up Nancy........:thumbsup:

Wallace108
04-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but this is old news. Look at the two articles posted, they're identical. Also, the OP article is incorrect, because it is old. It states...

If I recall, the Ravens haven't played a night game in Pitt since 2008 and, in 2010, the Ravens beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

The story is old. I can't find a date for the OP article posted so I can't tell if it's "new" but it's an old story. If you or the OP had taken the time to look at the article, or the video attached, you would have noticed that. Also, how does one misspell "afraid"? The more I look at that article, the stupider I get.

EDIT: looks like they put a date there, now... March 23rd, 2009...

You're right ... I didn't take the time to read the articles in their entirety or watch the video. But I will take the time to tell you that you're an arrogant douche.

The article that Deserei posted originally had yesterday's date on it before it was changed. The copyright at the end of the article still says: Copyright 2011 by wtov9.com. So I think its relatively easy to understand why me and others thought it was a new story on first glance.

I don't mind being corrected, but you don't have to act like an arrogant prick about it. So I suggest you take your superiority complex and go sit back down at the kiddie table.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board. :smack:

fart
04-20-2011, 07:11 PM
You're right ... I didn't take the time to read the articles in their entirety or watch the video. But I will take the time to tell you that you're an arrogant douche.

The article that Deserei posted originally had yesterday's date on it before it was changed. The copyright at the end of the article still says: Copyright 2011 by wtov9.com. So I think its relatively easy to understand why me and others thought it was a new story on first glance.

I don't mind being corrected, but you don't have to act like an arrogant prick about it. So I suggest you take your superiority complex and go sit back down at the kiddie table.

Oh yeah, welcome to the board. :smack:

Don't know how I was being "arrogant". I said you and the OP had not taken the time to really look at the article or the attached video before proclaiming it "news", I was right about that. I'd say it's more arrogant to post ignorance as fact. :noidea:

Wallace108
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Don't know how I was being "arrogant". I said you and the OP had not taken the time to really look at the article or the attached video before proclaiming it "news", I was right about that.

It's all in your wording, bro. All you had to do was point out the fact that it was an old article. And I would have given myself a :doh:.

There was no need to take a cheap shot at me and Deserei.

And WE didn't "proclaim it news" ... the website "proclaimed it news" when, for whatever reason, they put the current date on an old article.

I'd say it's more arrogant to post ignorance as fact. :noidea:
We were arrogant to post and comment on a story that had yesterday's date on it? I didn't realize I had to fact check news articles before commenting on them. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/1505004552.gif

EDIT: After reading our exchange again, it's much ado about nothing. Welcome to the board seriously this time. :drink:

mcg24
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
EDIT: After reading our exchange again, it's much ado about nothing. Welcome to the board seriously this time. :drink:

Have you seen the Kenneth Branagh film? I enjoyed it very much.

Wallace108
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Have you seen the Kenneth Branagh film? I enjoyed it very much.

Much Ado About Nothing? Nope ... haven't seen it. And I just exceeded my literary reference allowance for the day. So that's all I can say.

tunes4life
04-21-2011, 09:44 AM
:popcorn:

SteelerFanInATL
04-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Have some cheese to go with that whine Ravens fans....:blah::applaudit::rofl::rofl:

Wallace108
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
This same article was posted on several other Steelers boards with posters laughing at the whiny Ravens. It looks like we weren't the only ones to get suckered by the incorrect date. :sofunny:

I might be a moron ... but at least I've got company. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/3798349058.gif

mcg24
04-21-2011, 09:26 PM
This same article was posted on several other Steelers boards with posters laughing at the whiny Ravens. It looks like we weren't the only ones to get suckered by the incorrect date. :sofunny:

I might be a moron ... but at least I've got company. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/3798349058.gif

It's not like the Ravens have stopped their constant whining since the real date the article was published anyways...so it's really a a non-issue.

Wallace108
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
It's not like the Ravens have stopped their constant whining since the real date the article was published anyways...so it's really a a non-issue.

:sofunny:

Regardless of the date ... it's still relevant. :chuckle:

PhantomJB93
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
LOL it's like the NFL received the Ratbirds' complaint and just gave them the middle finger back with their worst possible scenario; an opening day game and baltimore and a midseason primetime game at Heinz.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Look, when you are the Ravens, and deep in your heart you know you can NOT beat the Steelers when it matters most and when the stage is Large, you do what you have to do to Try and give yourself the best chance to win a game.

So the Ravens, had a little list of games they didn't want. I'll explain this to you as if I'm Ray Lewis working with the Raven Execs in trying to sucker up and kiss the Commish's ass into giving us what we need and want.
A. Not a night game (Steelers kick our ass at night.)
B. Not a road game (Steelers kick our ass at Heinz almost every time)
C. Not a National Game, (Can't be on the Big Stage with the Steelers, They Kick our Ass on the Big Stage)
D. Not a late season meaningful game (Steelers kick our ass in ALL Meaningful games.)

Ray: "So what does that leave us Commish?"

Roger :"Um...we can put the first game of the Season at 1pm, in your home Stadium? Does that work?"

Ray :"well sure! that sounds swell! anyway you can suspend Ben again for us?"

Roger "Um, no, and we need to make the 2nd game a Sunday night one, cause the ratings for that will be through the roof"

Ray: "Shit! Can you maybe have them play the Patriots the week before us? The Pats always seem to deflate the Steelers a little and we could use all the help we can get."

Roger "Sure thing Ray, we'll have the Steelers play the Patriots right before you. And you know what, We'll give you a home game against the Cardinals so you can warm up for the actual Hitting game with the Steelers, and then let you travel to Seattle to lick your wounds after the Steelers beat your ass again? Ok Ray?"

Ray: "Yeah great...wait...what was that last part?"

Roger "Nothing Ray, you have a good "snicker" Season ok?"

55BaileyFan
04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
They are 0-5 against us in primetime at Heinz Field including two playoff appearances.

SteelerFanInATL
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
Next they will ask if they can play both game in Baltimore. "NFL, can we play both our PGH game in BLT? It would he our playoff chances". :popcorn::popcorn::sofunny::sofunny:

zunaki
04-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Great news. Ravens is the close competitor of Pittsburgh. I would personally go for Pittsburgh side. They are more strong as compared to Ravens.

SacknificentStew56
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
The Ratbirds are softer than my grandma's pound cake made from scratch. Bow down and Respect our LOMBARDIES!!

jwmann2
04-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Before asking to not play the Steelers at night, let's make sure we are going to have a season first. This is all so petty. A league of men that act like babies.

finesward
04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Great news. Ravens is the close competitor of Pittsburgh. I would personally go for Pittsburgh side. They are more strong as compared to Ravens.

SUCH GREAT INSIGHT!!! GREAT POST!!!!!!

Sixburgher
04-28-2011, 03:33 PM
SUCH GREAT INSIGHT!!! GREAT POST!!!!!!

For an obvious foreign spammer who's just trying to push a website link, it actually was one of the more lucid and insightful posts I've seen. Despite displaying a preschool level grasp of English usage, all the words were actually spelled correctly at least.

SteelCityMom
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok...since this turned out to be old news, gonna lock this thread down.