PDA

View Full Version : Future of ARE

SteelerFanInATL
04-21-2011, 09:21 AM
With Wallace, Sanders, Brown and the veteran Ward is there room for ARE in 2011 (if there is a season)? Has ARE seen his last days as a Steeler? :noidea::noidea:

StainlessStill
04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
With Wallace, Sanders, Brown and the veteran Ward is there room for ARE in 2011 (if there is a season)? Has ARE seen his last days as a Steeler? :noidea::noidea:

Well, considering that we have some VERY young talent at the WR postitions (Brown, Wallace) and by the way ARE stepped up and performed in the Super Bowl off the bench (two major catches to set up the comeback + the two point conversion) I'd say it would be VERY wise to let him compete for the 3rd/4th WR spot on the field. He may not play AS much but when he gets on the field, then he's proven he makes a solid difference in crunch time.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
He's an unbelievable "big play" player. No matter if it's throwing a TD, making a one-handed catch, or running the option, he has a lot of intangibles. As a regular receiver/returner though, he doesn't have much left. He could be a good number 5 WR who is only in on a set number of packages though. I would prefer him to Battle I think.

DanRooney
04-22-2011, 05:27 PM
1. Mike Wallace
2. Emmanuel Sanders
3. Hines Ward
4. Antonio Brown
5. Draft pick (Pettis)/Limas Sweed/Randle El

Lady Steel
04-22-2011, 07:58 PM
As a regular receiver/returner though, he doesn't have much left.

I agree. He is too hit-or-miss for me. I do like him for gadgetry though.

SteelBlaze1
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
I think he was brought here more for his locker room presence than anything else. He is fun to watch on the trick play though.

55BaileyFan
04-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Ward and Wallace are obviously safe. I think Sanders and Brown proved their worth as well. Sweed I think is gone, he hasn't panned out and has been somewhat of a child about his situation. I think the EL will stick around just because with Ward going one more before retiring they might want to keep that veteran presence.

stiller39
04-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Cut him and get an upcoming star in his place.

Wallabeast17
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Dwight Daisher could be the next ARE. Former quaterback gone reciever! May go late in the draft or undrafted