PDA

View Full Version : New 3 round mock

fujirama24
04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
RD1 Aaron Williams-CB-Texas, RD 2 Bruce Carter-LB-UNC, RD3 Luke Stocker-TE-Tenn.

pete74
04-24-2011, 05:35 AM
why does every draft have us taking Williams? its not going to happen

pancake
04-24-2011, 09:33 PM
why does every draft have us taking Williams? its not going to happen

I think he moves to safety, which is not our top need...

PhantomJB93
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I think he moves to safety, which is not our top need...

I think eventually he moves to safety but for the immediate future he has a more than good enough skillset to play nickel for us. He may not have the speed to lock down another team's number 1 but that's not what we need him (or anybody else we will get in this draft) for right now. He can play nickel for a few years where he will still be a vast improvement over anybody else we have and when Ryan Clark leaves he can take over at free safety, where I think he could be a Pro Bowler based on his instincts and ball skills.

And that's just assuming he doesn't have what it takes to be a number 1 or 2 CB at the NFL level, if he does then it's just a plus and we get our Ike replacement this year instead of in the future.

I get that CB is our greatest need but at the same time a number 2 CB is not going to be immediately acheived through the draft this year, and that's what a lot of people don't understand. At best a player we draft this year will wind up our number 3 CB, and I do think Aaron Williams can fill that role easily from the get-go. A later round prospect I don't believe could.

I have no problem with drafting Williams if the intetion is for him to play safety after a few years, as long as he is used as a 3 or 4 CB for this year and maybe next.

pete74
04-25-2011, 05:10 AM
i would rather take the other Texas corner(Brown) in the 2nd then Williams in the 1st. Williams is not 1st round talent. i think the Steelers will look first for a tackel then if none are worth the pick they will go defensive line or trade

Kingmagyar
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
So far the only Corner that will be available to the Steelers when they pick I've seen highlights of that made me say "WoW" has been Ras I Dowling. Man does that guy look good. Should the Steelers take a chance on what probably was a top 15 corner and hope his injuries are a thing of the past? If he is available middle 2nd I think a trade up would be great to get him.

pete74
04-25-2011, 07:45 PM
So far the only Corner that will be available to the Steelers when they pick I've seen highlights of that made me say "WoW" has been Ras I Dowling. Man does that guy look good. Should the Steelers take a chance on what probably was a top 15 corner and hope his injuries are a thing of the past? If he is available middle 2nd I think a trade up would be great to get him.

if everyone is gone in the 1st i wouldnt mind trading out for another 2nd and 3rd so we can draft Dowling

BKAnthem
04-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Steelers need a lockdown corner....every team knows now that quick passes before the rush can get there counters the blitz...and with our Slow ass Corners aside from Ike, it bocomes a looong day

Navy86
04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
That would be a horrible draft, IMO. Stocker in the 3rd? TE is not a position of real need. Also, will Carter be a good fit in a 3-4 system? again, is that a real position of need? I'd much rather see at least one OL in the top three picks and preferably two DBs.

BritishSteel
04-28-2011, 04:14 PM
if everyone is gone in the 1st i wouldnt mind trading out for another 2nd and 3rd so we can draft Dowling

That would be my preference too - it's linemen we'll go for in the first because there's enough depth at CB in this draft for us to look at that in round 2, though if we wanted Dowling, we'd either have to hope we get an offer for our first round pick from a team drafting high up in the second, or we'd have to trade up in the 2nd - most of the scouting reports I've read project Dowling going in the top half of the second. Brown's more likely to last until we pick at 31 in the 2nd. I rate Brown, so I wouldn't be disappointed with him.

pete74
04-28-2011, 04:43 PM
i think we grab Brandon Harris over Williams if we do go corner