PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Cannon in the 3rd?

Steel Glory
04-27-2011, 11:42 AM
News has just been released that Marcus Cannon has cancer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/41339/tcu-ol-marcus-cannon-has-cancer

He has just started therapy, however, he will not be able to start immediately.

I'm almost sure he will be there at the end of the 2nd round now but with that being said, I could see him falling to maybe even our spot in the 3rd round.

Since he has a 90% survival rate, would you take him there or even in the 2nd?

MDSteel15
04-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Freaking AWESOME!!! Great value here... but we know that won't happen! :coffee:

PhantomJB93
04-27-2011, 04:08 PM
No, while I wish him the best in his recovery, it will be a while before he can make any kind of difference on the oline. He can regain his form but it will probably be at least a year before he can return to the game and another 2 or 3 years before he can work his way back to where he was. If he's there in like the 4th or 5th maybe but I wouldn't spend a second or third rounder on him now when there are other more valuable talents that will be available,

Steel Glory
04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
No, while I wish him the best in his recovery, it will be a while before he can make any kind of difference on the oline. He can regain his form but it will probably be at least a year before he can return to the game and another 2 or 3 years before he can work his way back to where he was. If he's there in like the 4th or 5th maybe but I wouldn't spend a second or third rounder on him now when there are other more valuable talents that will be available,

I really don't know the nature of his cancer. If he needs two seasons to come back to form, he could probably fall to the 4th round. Walterfootball had him in the 5th and maybe that is more likely. Its just that some recent mocks before this info came out were describing him as a possible first for the Steelers. If we could get him in the 4th round, I think they might pull the trigger.