PDA

View Full Version : Is This Guy That Good or Did ATL Give 2 Much

SteelerFanInATL
04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
The Atlanta Falcons made the first stunning move of the 2011 NFL Draft by trading up 21 spots with the Cleveland Browns to take dynamic wide receiver Julio Jones with the sixth overall pick.

The cost was high for Atlanta, which gave up their first-round pick (No. 27 overall), their second-rounder (59th) and fourth (124th) this year along with their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.

Seems like the gave up alot to me

SH-Rock
04-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Way too much. But I think I can leave it to the Browns to choke on some picks.

Raw Steel
04-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Way too much. The Browns made out nicely. Of course, they probably will screw up the picks they got. :chuckle:

jjpro11
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Way too much. The Browns made out nicely. Of course, they probably will screw up the picks they got. :chuckle:

you'd hope so.. but they didn't under the new regime last year.. they may finally have some guys in place that know how to draft... unfortunately.

Atlanta Dan
04-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Jones had great combine workout but he would have to be a combo plattter of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss & Lynn Swann to justify what the Falcons gave up - Falcons need someone to take the top off of defenses but it was the defense that got shredded by the Packers in the playoffs

Great move by the Browns

Steelerindc
04-29-2011, 08:53 AM
The Falcons gave up waaayyyy to much and the Browns made out like a bandit in the night. I know a lot of you think that the Browns will miss a bunch of picks, maybe they will but it's always better a bunch of picks the odds should be in there favor, plus Mike "Crybaby" Holmgren is no rookie at this.

They're still going to stink at least for the next 2-3 yrs but they made a good move last night.

cloppbeast
04-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Atlanta gave up too much. In my opinion, it's usually a terrible idea to trade up in the first round, especially into the top 10 because you pay way too much. Moving around in the later rounds is usally less costly.

steelerjim58
04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
The phrase " mind boggling" comes to mind. I think this trade will come back to haunt the Falcons. Other than a franchise type qb, no other position is worth what they gave up.

ebsteelers
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
they moved up 21 picks, whatd you expect them to give up? obviously you have to give up alot to move up that much,

plus rather him go to the falcons so we dont see him twice a year

ktm5411
04-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Really good move for the Browns. They might have just set themselves up to trade up for Luck next year.

thumper
04-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Once again, a team got sucked in by workout #s. How retarded. Seriously.
Yea, Jones is big, strong and fast....and he drops balls. You want to give
up all those picks for a guy who drops balls? And, I don't know, I get the
feeling he is a little on the thug side from what I hear. He seems like one
of these super physical talents who thinks he get by with immense talent
alone. Doesn't happen in the NFL - it just doesn't. Horrible decision my ATL.

They could have stayed put and grabbed a D play makers and added WR in
the 2nd. Plenty of them out there. For once, Cleveland made the right decision
in the draft.

MDSteel15
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Atlanta shit the bed on this! He's got more drops than Braylon Edwards