PDA

View Full Version : On the Clock: Steelers’ Third-Round Projection

mesaSteeler
04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
On the Clock: Steelers’ Third-Round Projection
Posted on April 29, 2011 by ted
http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/04/clock-steelers-thirdround-projection/

Needs at This Spot: CB, CB, CB

Most Likely Possibilities (With 92 off the Board and Steelers Picking at No. 95): CB Curtis Brown, Texas; ILB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina; RB Taiwan Jones, Eastern Washington; OL Clint Boling, Georgia; CB Davon House, New Mexico State; DL Kenrick Ellis, Hampton; CB Josh Thomas, Buffalo; TE Virgil Green, Nevada; CB Brandon Burton, Utah

The Pick Should Be: 1. Curtis Brown, 2. House, 3. Burton; Really just about any cornerback prospect would suffice at this point.

The Pick Should Not Be: From any position other than cornerback at this juncture.

The Pick Will Be: Brown, but at this point maybe everyone should stop projecting CBs for the Steelers. It is clear the front office is more focused on deep depth at every other position group than the notion of William Gay and Bryant McFadden as an NFL starting cornerback tandem. By no means am I saying that any cornerbacks should have been taken over Marcus Gilbert at pick No. 63. What I am saying is that Pittsburgh should have moved up to take Brandon Harris – rated as a top 45 player by everyone – when he was the only consensus top 75 cornerback left on the board, falling deep into the second round, and there were several potential decent right trackle prospects still likely to be around at the end of round No. 3 (e.g., James Brewer, Lee Ziemba, etc.). Oh well, let’s hope we get a cornerback here, but not a repeat of the Keenan Lewis pick.

phxsteeler
04-30-2011, 12:54 PM
we meaning steel fans, need davon house, can i get a second on it?