PDA

View Full Version : FBI Digging for Hoffa

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Seems like one of these digs occur once a year for old Jimmy's bones.....lol.

FBI Searches Property for Clues About Jimmy Hoffa's Disappearance
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

MILFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — The FBI on Wednesday searched property northwest of Detroit for clues to the disappearance of former Teamsters labor union leader Jimmy Hoffa, officials said.

The Teamsters leader was last seen in July 1975 at a restaurant in Oakland County's Bloomfield Township.

Agent Dawn Clenney, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Detroit, said the bureau was executing a search warrant in Milford Township, about 35 miles (56 kilometers) west of Detroit.

Investigators are looking for "evidence of criminal activity that may have occurred under previous ownership" on the property, Clenney said.

Asked if they were looking for Hoffa's remains, she said, "Could be," but declined to comment further.

Reporters were not allowed on the property, described by local media as a horse farm. Images shot from news helicopters showed about a dozen people, some with shovels, standing by an area of newly turned dirt about 10 feet by 15 feet (3 meters by 1.5 meters).

Clenney said the bureau receives numerous leads about Hoffa and "this was one we felt we needed to follow up on."

In May 2004, authorities ripped up the floorboards of a home in Bloomfield Township where a Teamsters boss had said he shot Hoffa to death. But no evidence tied to Hoffa was found.

The claim related to the infamous, unsolved killing was included in a book published months after Sheeran died in 2003 at age 83.

A New Jersey mob hit man who died in March reportedly made a similar deathbed claim.

Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski gave author Philip Carlo what he claimed were graphic details of Hoffa's killing, The Record of Bergen County, New Jersey, reported.

"The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer" is scheduled for release in July.

Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca said Bloomfield Township police were offering assistance but that he knew little about the latest search. - FOX News

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195923,00.html

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Kuklinski is the real deal...I read a book about him, and HBO did a show on him.

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Kuklinski is the real deal...I read a book about him, and HBO did a show on him.

I've read the book and saw the interview on HBO. While he was one sick S.O.B., he has been caught in B.S. fairy tales over the years. He recently died on March 5th of 06.

http://www.findagrave.com/photos/2006/81/13709759_114313851170.jpg The Ice Man

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh, I wasn't refering to his credibility that way...I meant more like serial killer street cred. The dude was just a stone-cold killer.

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, I wasn't refering to his credibility that way...I meant more like serial killer street cred. The dude was just a stone-cold killer.

I brought up the fairy tales for anybody who decides to read further into this Hoffa situation. That's why I'm not taking his Hoffa information very seriously. But there was no doubt he was a stone-cold killer. When you were known for working with the DeMeo crew of the Gambino Family there is no doubt that your going to get your hands dirty. The difference between your normal mafia soldier and The Ice Man, this guy went out of his way to kill. Innocent people nonetheless. Like I said, sick S.O.B.

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
I'd forgotten he'd died...no great loss there.

clevestinks
05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Jiommy Hoffa, I say give it up already, we all know that he is dead.

SteelerzGirl
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Hoffa is fish food.

Ambridge
05-18-2006, 07:34 PM
I saw that HBO Special on Kuklinski and he was devoid of any human emotions.
Truly a twisted individual.

I would have been nervous as hell doing an interview with him.

MattsMe
05-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Bah...he's in the concrete at Giant's Stadium. :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Going by the reports on the news, the FBI stated this is the best clue they have received to date.

SteelerzGirl
05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Cool! Let us know how it all turns out. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2006, 03:54 PM
FBI ends search for Hoffa at Mich. farm
By BRIAN CHARLTON, Associated Press Writer

The FBI is wrapping up its two-week search of a suburban Detroit horse farm after finding no trace of former Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa's remains, a local prosecutor said Tuesday.

Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca told The Associated Press he was informed by Bloomfield Township police that the search was ending without any remains found at the Hidden Dreams Farm in Milford Township.

The Detroit Free Press, citing an anonymous federal official, also reported Tuesday that the search had ended with no trace of Hoffa.

FBI spokeswoman Dawn Clenney did not immediately return a call from the AP seeking comment. Bloomfield Township Police Chief Donald Zimmerman would neither confirm nor deny that the FBI is wrapping up its search.

Hoffa disappeared in July 1975 from a Detroit-area restaurant about 20 miles from Hidden Dreams Farm, land once owned by Hoffa associate Rolland McMaster.

McMaster's attorney Mayer Morganroth said he was not surprised that the search was wrapping up with the mystery still unsolved.

"We never expected that anything was there," he said, adding that the FBI likely felt pressured to respond to the tip, lest it seem as if it was not trying to solve the case.

Morganroth has said that his 93-year-old client was in Indiana on union business at the time Hoffa disappeared and that, to his knowledge, McMaster was never a suspect. The two men Hoffa was to meet the day he disappeared, a New Jersey Teamsters boss and a Detroit Mafia captain, are both dead.

On Monday, a Michigan congressman said it was time to set some spending limits on the search for Hoffa's remains.

"The FBI might be better off establishing a budget and some kind of timeline, because what new information do they have now, 31 years later?" U.S. Rep. Joe Knollenberg, R-Mich., asked.

The FBI hasn't revealed the cost of the search.

When agents arrived at the farm earlier this month, based on what Detroit agent-in-charge Daniel Roberts called a credible tip, Roberts said he expected the search for the former Teamsters' boss' body to take a couple of weeks and involve more than 40 FBI personnel, along with demolition experts, archaeologists and anthropologists.

The FBI defended its efforts in a statement last week, saying: "The expenditure of funds has always been necessary in each and every case the FBI works, and this one is no exception."

Robert Combs, who owns an electrical contracting firm that has done work for the FBI at the farm, said agents told him Tuesday morning that the digging had ended. He said he was at the farm that morning to deliver a proposal to do electrical work on a new barn to replace one the FBI destroyed in the search.

"They just didn't find anything, and they're just winding her down," Combs said.

MattsMe
05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Gee, what a surprise. :rolleyes: