04-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Cameron Heyward- Great Player On A old Line. Grade. A+
Marcus Gilbert- Great Tackle for The Second Round. Grade. A
Curtis Brown- A Starting Nickel. Grade. A
Cortez Allen- A Decent corner In The future. Grade. B
Chris Carter- Another Good OLB For The Steelers. Grade. B
Keith Williams- Well Its a Upgrade. Grade. C+
Baron Batch- Look Good But We Will See. Grade. B+

A Great Draft In My Eyes And People Dont Be Crying About The Draft Remember last Year? Everyone Said We Should Have Taken a Corner in the first Round And Said We Had a Bad Draft and Look What Happen We Almost won The Super Bowl. :tt03:

GMU Steeler
04-30-2011, 07:00 PM
THe awesome thing about the Heyward pick is just how excited the kid is to play for us. Plus as you said it's great help for a line that other than Hood is up there in age. Keisel will be 33 and Smith 35. I like the Gilbert pick too. It's a little different than getting Maurkice's twin but from what I've read him and Marcus are tight buds so that will give some chemistry to the line. I'm excited to see these guys.

theplatypus
04-30-2011, 07:00 PM
I agree, typical solid draft by the steelers. We addressed areas of concern, added depth for the future, and didn't hurt themselves by reaching. Kudos

bubbletownwr88
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Yea i agree with you guys i don't know why people are complaining everyone is saying how we need to draft curtis brown in the second because aaron williams will be a reach.... we get him in the third and people are complaining about it. the steelers know what they are doing and i liked it.

fuzzy159
04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Default My Draft Grades
Cameron Heyward- A
Marcus Gilbert- A-
Curtis Brown- A+
Cortez Allen- B
Chris Carter- A
Keith Williams- C+
Baron Batch- C+

That is how I see it.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Yea i agree with you guys i don't know why people are complaining everyone is saying how we need to draft curtis brown in the second because aaron williams will be a reach.... we get him in the third and people are complaining about it. the steelers know what they are doing and i liked it.

Yeah thats why they have 6 super bowls people need to calm down. If there is a season this year i bet everyone wh think this draft was bad will be like wow this is the best graft yet cause i can see it now:tt03:

Wallabeast17
04-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I thought the draft is was solid as well. Everyone is complaining about the cbs we picked especially. Well, a lot of people wanted Brown in the second..got him in the third. A lot of people wanted Cortez Allen at some point and we got him..but now that we have him, they aren't good enough!! I don't get it! :noidea:

bubbletownwr88
04-30-2011, 08:20 PM
They just need something to complain about if your a true fan you root for who ever they pick to do the best possible to help out your team i know it sounds cliche but its true

Wallabeast17
05-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I actually like the draft, addressed areas of need and depth....Cortez Allen is said to match Ike Taylor in many ways...Ike was drafted in the 4rth round hmmmm same as Cortez, just sayin.....:coffee:

PhantomJB93
05-01-2011, 02:54 AM
This was another one of those drafts that is very "meh" on paper but as early as next offseason could definitely have me saying "wow." I had the same thing with the 2010 draft, I didn't think Maurkice was our best option (lol), I hated the Worilds and Sanders picks at the time, and thought nothing at all of Crezdon Butler and Antonio Brown, and now all look like key players on our team or at least will be in the future. I can definitely see Heyward being a good pick, and while guys like Curtis Brown and Cortrez Allen don't look like the sexiest picks now they could defintely both pan out and both are at least immediate upgrades over Gay and Madison.

Love the Baron Batch pick too, he could be a good scatback.

I'll give:

Heyward - A
Gilbet - B- (fills a need but I think they may have leaned to heavily on Pouncey's opinions and past here)
Brown - A+
Allen - B+
Carter - B- (was BPA and adds depth, but I don't see how he can possibly factor into even long term plans aside from Special Teams)
Williams - C-
Batch - B+

pete74
05-01-2011, 04:11 AM
its easy to throw a bunch of A's and B's after these guys names but the fact is that nobody knows how they will end up just yet. im sure most of you thought Lima Sweed was a great pick because he tore it up in college

Wallabeast17
05-01-2011, 11:42 AM
its easy to throw a bunch of A's and B's after these guys names but the fact is that nobody knows how they will end up just yet. im sure most of you thought Lima Sweed was a great pick because he tore it up in college

EXACTLY!:tt03:

ricksteelers55
05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
I really liked our picks except for 2(Cortez and Batch).Not that I dont like Cortez,I dont know him and maybe he will prove me wrong,but I would have love to take a chance on the Safety out of WVU that the bungles took a couple of picks after us.(Robert Sands).The kid is 6 foot 4 and has 4.5 speed.Maybe he has some red flags ?? I dont know , but I just though he was intriguing.

The other pick that I wasnt too happy with was the 7th rounder Batch.He isnt really fast and is 5-8,but again this is only a 7th round pick...

Other than that I really liked our picks

Wallabeast17
05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I really liked our picks except for 2(Cortez and Batch).Not that I dont like Cortez,I dont know him and maybe he will prove me wrong,but I would have love to take a chance on the Safety out of WVU that the bungles took a couple of picks after us.(Robert Sands).The kid is 6 foot 4 and has 4.5 speed.Maybe he has some red flags ?? I dont know , but I just though he was intriguing.

The other pick that I wasnt too happy with was the 7th rounder Batch.He isnt really fast and is 5-8,but again this is only a 7th round pick...

Yea I wanted Sands as well..
Cortez will be atleast be a number 2 quality corner in a few years...you heard it here first! Just give him some play time and good steelers coaching..:tt04:

pete74
05-13-2011, 05:58 AM
its funny how everyone always thinks we had a great draft. it happens every year. mobody knows how our picks will turn out for at least 2 years from now. back in 2008 when we drafted Mendy, Sweed, Hills, Davis, etc everyone thought we had a great draft and we were getting A's across the board.

taztroy43
05-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Cortez will need time to develop....hopefully he turns out like Ike in a couple of years but I see him as a good special team player with his size and athleticism early on...As for Sands...did you see this guy in games and at the combine??? He can't turn his hips if his life depended on it....He was so embarrassing to watch at the Combine...I was laughing my ass off when he was trying to move around the field...He was HORRIBLE....yeah the guy has size but in my opinion Taylor Mays out of USC last year had the same size and was way more athletic than this guy!!! As for some pretty decent highlights in college...he's really not that special...He will probably have to move to LB because there is no way I see him covering guys like Mike Wallace and Desean Jackson...the guy will get jucked and burned every time IMO....Mays was a way better prospect than this guy....Even Cam Chancellor that had the same size...Chancellor went to the Seahawks I think....As for Batch...he's not 5'8" He's more like 5'10"/5'11" 200lbs....if you don't believe me check it out on multiple sites and on the Steelers website.....

I too was intrigued by Sands, but he is a liability in coverage....even more so than Taylor Mays was last year....but Mays was more athletic and very raw and was able to turn his hips easier than this guy.....Thats why Mays went in the 2nd compared to this guy....I don't think the Bungles got a very good pick with this dude but that's just my opinion...

BKAnthem
05-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Cameron Heyward- Great Player On A old Line. Grade. A+
Marcus Gilbert- Great Tackle for The Second Round. Grade. A
Curtis Brown- A Starting Nickel. Grade. A
Cortez Allen- A Decent corner In The future. Grade. B
Chris Carter- Another Good OLB For The Steelers. Grade. B
Keith Williams- Well Its a Upgrade. Grade. C+
Baron Batch- Look Good But We Will See. Grade. B+

A Great Draft In My Eyes And People Dont Be Crying About The Draft Remember last Year? Everyone Said We Should Have Taken a Corner in the first Round And Said We Had a Bad Draft and Look What Happen We Almost won The Super Bowl. :tt03:

AND WE LOST BECAUSE A PREMIER QB TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE OR DRAFT A QUALITY FIRST ROUND CORNER

Sixburgher
05-17-2011, 07:30 AM
AND WE LOST BECAUSE A PREMIER QB TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE OR DRAFT A QUALITY FIRST ROUND CORNER

Sure, and the Steelers three turnovers to the Packers zero had nothing to do with it. It was all because they didn't draft a corner in the first who more than likely wouldn't have started anyway, due to the complexity of LeBeau's scheme. Drafting Pouncey to replace the speed bump known as Hartwig? Huge mistake.

DanRooney
05-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Whoever complained about last years draft has no idea what the draft is about. And those complaining about this years are in the same boat. We had 3 absolute value guys in Heyward, Brown and Carter. Those are 'A grade' picks. Gilbert is a solid B. We drafted him for a need but was exactly where he was projected to go. The chemistry with Pouncey will helps his grade too. I don't know anything about Cortez Allen and I don't think anyone here does either (Citadel football?). He was definitely a reach so I can't give him better than a C-.

jollyrob68
05-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Whoever complained about last years draft has no idea what the draft is about. And those complaining about this years are in the same boat. We had 3 absolute value guys in Heyward, Brown and Carter. Those are 'A grade' picks. Gilbert is a solid B. We drafted him for a need but was exactly where he was projected to go. The chemistry with Pouncey will helps his grade too. I don't know anything about Cortez Allen and I don't think anyone here does either (Citadel football?). He was definitely a reach so I can't give him better than a C-.

Cortez Allen wasn't a reach. He is what they like in a CB. Same body type as Ike. He's raw but had an outstanding Sr Bowl week & Combine. He had a 4th - 5th grade. Grabbing Brown & Allen is just what we needed. Brown can play inside or out and will be our Nickel his rookie year. Cortez Allen will be a Starting CB in his 2nd year after getting coached by Carnell Lake.
I loved the draft and knew they were drafting off of their Draft Visits. The only exception was Chris Carter who they interviewed at the combine.
Cant wait until the labor BS is over.

BKAnthem
05-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Sure, and the Steelers three turnovers to the Packers zero had nothing to do with it. It was all because they didn't draft a corner in the first who more than likely wouldn't have started anyway, due to the complexity of LeBeau's scheme. Drafting Pouncey to replace the speed bump known as Hartwig? Huge mistake.

Pitt was still in the game with the 3 turnovers....Poor secondary play ultimately done them in...Pouncey was a smart choice, the beat choice, but that doesn't excuse not drafting a quality corner the last 3 years...

Sixburgher
05-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Pitt was still in the game with the 3 turnovers....Poor secondary play ultimately done them in...Pouncey was a smart choice, the beat choice, but that doesn't excuse not drafting a quality corner the last 3 years...

The Steelers win that game without the turnovers, despite the secondary. Particularly the last one by Mendenhall where they had the momentum, were driving towards a possible go ahead score, had Green Bay's defense on their heels and were beginning to literally shove the ball down the Packers throats. Stop blaming the loss on the draft.

BKAnthem
05-30-2011, 09:31 PM
The Steelers win that game without the turnovers, despite the secondary. Particularly the last one by Mendenhall where they had the momentum, were driving towards a possible go ahead score, had Green Bay's defense on their heels and were beginning to literally shove the ball down the Packers throats. Stop blaming the loss on the draft.

With a better secondary they probably do win the game...then they could have stopped Rodgers from completing passes all over the field on that drive after Mendy fumbled..the drafts of the last 3 years doesn't deserve all the blame ...but it deserves some of it.

DanRooney
05-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Cortez Allen wasn't a reach. He is what they like in a CB. Same body type as Ike. He's raw but had an outstanding Sr Bowl week & Combine. He had a 4th - 5th grade. Grabbing Brown & Allen is just what we needed. Brown can play inside or out and will be our Nickel his rookie year. Cortez Allen will be a Starting CB in his 2nd year after getting coached by Carnell Lake.
I loved the draft and knew they were drafting off of their Draft Visits. The only exception was Chris Carter who they interviewed at the combine.
Cant wait until the labor BS is over.

Brandon Burton was a much better prospect than Cortez Allen and is a much more polished corner. He had a much better grade than Allen, who I never even heard of prior to getting him in the 4th. I would of bet money he would have been there in the 6th. I'm not saying he'll be a bad player but there were much better prospects at that pick similar to last year when we got Sanders in the 3rd.