PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Steelers!!

Santonio4
05-18-2006, 09:45 AM
The steelers right now have 6 OSU players on the team including first rounder Santonio Holmes (steal of the draft) and i think the steelers are going in the right direction with all the buckeyes on the roster.

Ohio Steeler
05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I live in Columbus now so you can say I am a transplant buckeye fan and I have to say OSU over the past 10 to 15 years has put some very talented players into the NFL. So yeh I am happy to see my steelers get some of them and I cant wait to watch them grow and become top NFL players along with the other rookies we got....

and there is only 5 Buckeyes on the Steelers Roster at this time

Kyle Andrews C
Rodney Bailey DE
Santonio Holmes WR
Branden Joe FB
Mike Kudla LB

burgsville
05-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't care where tthey come from. When they put on the Black and Gold they become players !!!!

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Same here. Ohio State......Michigan......ND, don't care. Once the jersey is on, they are B&G.

clevestinks
05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
The steelers right now have 6 OSU players on the team including first rounder Santonio Holmes (steal of the draft) and i think the steelers are going in the right direction with all the buckeyes on the roster.
Thats funny i think we won the superbowl with no buckeyes on the team

GoFor6
05-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Here are the OHIO raised boys on the Steelers.

Harrison, James
Frazier, Andre
Bailey, Rodney
Roethlisberger, Ben
Smith, Anthony
Kudla, Mike
Andrews, Kyle
Smolko, Isaac
Lorello, Mike
Hartings, Jeff
Washington, Nate
Joe, Branden

Suitanim
05-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I find it shocking that the Steelers actually have 2 Kent State Golden Flashes on their team...

TasmanianTroy271
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Yea, The Steelers'll probably at most keep 3 of them, and probably none of them will have an immediate impact, unless Kudla or Holmes excel on ST.

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I see no reason why Holmes will not have an impact. All I have to say, watch your back Cedrick.

MNsteelers
05-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I see no reason why Holmes will not have an impact. All I have to say, watch your back Cedrick.

It takes a bit for WRs to develop. Wilson will not be challenged for the No. 2 spot at all this year. He needs to learn the offense along with learning the nuances of route running. I think he'll provide a few highlights this season, but I don't think we'll see him as a truly great player for a little while yet.

But working out of the slot when Pittsburgh is in that 3-receiver set...it'll be nasty

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM
It takes a bit for WRs to develop. Wilson will not be challenged for the No. 2 spot at all this year. He needs to learn the offense along with learning the nuances of route running. I think he'll provide a few highlights this season, but I don't think we'll see him as a truly great player for a little while yet.

But working out of the slot when Pittsburgh is in that 3-receiver set...it'll be nasty

That depends. What Cedrick Wilson will show up? The one during the regular season last year or the one in the playoffs last year? I would not be surprised at all to see Holmes taking Wilson's spot at some point in time next season. I'm not completely sold on Cedrick Wilson.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I find it shocking that the Steelers actually have 2 Kent State Golden Flashes on their team...

Yea that could be shocking but the Steelers do have a history with Kent State. A certain MLB by the name of Jack Lambert went there. I think its safe to say Steelers fans have heard of him. Ok bad joke but I can't help it everytime I see Kent State or here Kent State I think Jack Lambert.

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Really? I think "duck!!!"

Haiku_Dirtt
05-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Didn't Polamalu play for the buckeyes? :peace:

Go Trojans!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 04:29 PM
That depends. What Cedrick Wilson will show up? The one during the regular season last year or the one in the playoffs last year? I would not be surprised at all to see Holmes taking Wilson's spot at some point in time next season. I'm not completely sold on Cedrick Wilson.

I'm with you I'm not sold on Wilson at all. I think he could be a good player but he still hasn't show it on a consistent basis yet. Cedric did step up in the playoffs and that was nice to see. But still the jury is out on him. I also recall a rookie reciever about 10 years ago making an impact for the Pats on their Super Bowl run that season. His name was Terry Glenn. Who also went to Ohio State. I don't Holmes will catch 90 balls like Glenn did that year. But I do see Holmes making some kind of impact this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Didn't Polamalu play for the buckeyes? :peace:

Go Trojans!

No he went to USC.

83-Steelers-43
05-18-2006, 04:33 PM
No he went to USC.

*pokes BGF* I believe he was being sarcastic. :dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Really? I think "duck!!!"

lol

I meant on football terms.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-18-2006, 04:36 PM
*pokes BGF* I believe he was being sarcastic. :dang:

I'm sure he was since he had Go Trojans at the end of his post. I was throwing the sarcasism back at him.

Stlrs4Life
05-18-2006, 07:16 PM
I live in Columbus now so you can say I am a transplant buckeye fan and I have to say OSU over the past 10 to 15 years has put some very talented players into the NFL. So yeh I am happy to see my steelers get some of them and I cant wait to watch them grow and become top NFL players along with the other rookies we got....

and there is only 5 Buckeyes on the Steelers Roster at this time

Kyle Andrews C
Rodney Bailey DE
Santonio Holmes WR
Branden Joe FB
Mike Kudla LB

Only 2 of these guys make the final roster, Holmes and Kudla.

tony hipchest
05-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Only 2 of these guys make the final roster, Holmes and Kudla. i think your right but im hoping theres a way the steelers can keep both bailey and o. harris.

Santonio4
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM

So We got a Michigan Fan?

TasmanianTroy271
05-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, I have a feeling if it comes down to Bailey and Harris, they're keeping Bailey. I mean, he knows the system, he's a vet, and he's signed a better contract, I'm sure. I hope we can keep both though... I say cut Kirschke...

Haiku_Dirtt
05-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, I have a feeling if it comes down to Bailey and Harris, they're keeping Bailey. I mean, he knows the system, he's a vet, and he's signed a better contract, I'm sure. I hope we can keep both though... I say cut Kirschke...

It's a little early to cut Kirschke because of his special teams knowledge. I don't know much about Bailey but I would think Harris has a lead going in.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 07:15 PM
It's kind of funny to see some of the new guys posts up, and also see some OSU haters.

Holmes will have an immediate impact, bigger than Miller did last year.
Bailey is automatic.
Kudla will shock some people.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andrews turned into something...who knows? He sat on the bench for years behind the best center in college football.

WWIIOwheelz
05-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Bigger than Miller did last year? I really don't think so, and here's why--- Miller is BIG, and was a 3rd (or 4th) option on passing plays with designed routes. Kinda like Plax was on broken plays, someone Ben could find when it mattered & throw to. Like Cowher said in the video after their first TD, "I like what he did with that, adjusting to it... keep doing that."

I see Holmes coming in & being a threat immediately, and that will be a large part of his worth, IMHO, starting out. Keeping secondary defense honest, opening up running lanes. He'll get some deep ball looks, and I can't wait to see them!

I don't think he'll come close to Miller rookie TD numbers this season, but I could be very wrong, have been before!

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
What did Miller score, 6? I think Holmes is worth at least that.

WWIIOwheelz
05-19-2006, 08:31 PM
I hope you are right! I thought Miller had 8, but that's off the top of my head. Didn't he lead the team in TD receptions?

I had him pegged from training camp, was SO happy to see him do so well. :)

WWIIOwheelz
05-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Bah... OK, here we go:

1. Hines Ward PITTSBURGH 68 935 13.8 62.3 11
2. Heath Miller PITTSBURGH 36 397 11.0 26.5 6

6 TDs, you were right! Still, I was very, very impressed with that rookie effort! :)

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Ward led all...but that's also off the top of my head. Ward had 11 or 12?

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Bah... OK, here we go:

1. Hines Ward PITTSBURGH 68 935 13.8 62.3 11
2. Heath Miller PITTSBURGH 36 397 11.0 26.5 6

6 TDs, you were right! Still, I was very, very impressed with that rookie effort! :) at one point miller was on pace to break or tie a. gates td record. ben got hurt and then the offense found other ways to pile up the points. all but one of millers td's were scored in the 1st half of the season (again.... off the top of my head---i could be wrong)

WWIIOwheelz
05-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he was on fire out of the gate. Of particular note, he became available in my free agency of my FF league after week one, and I immediately grabbed him (I thought.) My WIFE got him because of waiver priority!!!!!!1

#$%@#$%!!1

:)

Ben getting hurt, yes, that makes perfect sense. Miller was a favorite target, though, no doubt. My guess as to why is only that-- my guess. A 2 TE set next year makes for some very, VERY interesting possibilities for both opening running lanes and for expanded passing attack. I'm betting the Whis is thinking about hands.

tony hipchest
05-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, he was on fire out of the gate. Of particular note, he became available in my free agency of my FF league after week one, and I immediately grabbed him (I thought.) My WIFE got him because of waiver priority!!!!!!1

#$%@#$%!!1

:)

Ben getting hurt, yes, that makes perfect sense. Miller was a favorite target, though, no doubt. My guess as to why is only that-- my guess. A 2 TE set next year makes for some very, VERY interesting possibilities for both opening running lanes and for expanded passing attack. I'm betting the Whis is thinking about hands.

if you havent seen this article yet, check it out. i bet whiz is creaming his jeans at the potential. http://nfl.com/news/story/9444769
(i missed on w. parker after 1st week waivers and h. miller as a sleeper in ff last year :dang: )

i did land carson palmer after someone dropped him after week 1 though so that made up for it.