PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan says Jets would have beaten Packers in Super Bowl XLV

Atlanta Dan
05-01-2011, 10:45 AM
More wisdom from Rex Ryan

“I thought Green Bay was to going to have the upper hand on Pittsburgh,” Ryan writes, via Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Their passing attack was giving everyone problems. But I truly believe we would have beaten Green Bay. We only lost to them 9-0 during the season, and we gave them two of the field goals because of mistakes.”

Nice comeback to this latest nonsense by Ryan from Florio at PFT

We’re starting to wonder why the NFL even bothers to play the games. Just declare the Jets to be the champions of all past and future Super Bowls and be done with it.:chuckle:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/30/rex-ryan-says-jets-would-have-beaten-packers-in-super-bowl-xlv/

cloppbeast
05-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I guess not enough people were giving Rexy any attention. This whole draft process and the lock-out has been rough on him......

MasterOfPuppets
05-01-2011, 01:24 PM
good to see rex brought the culture of whining from baltimore to NY.... i remember back in the day, when coaches used to conduct themselves with class , and give credit to the team that beat them... its no wonder that players act like assholes these days...:doh:

GMU Steeler
05-01-2011, 01:34 PM
good to see rex brought the culture of whining from baltimore to NY.... i remember back in the day, when coaches used to conduct themselves with class , and give credit to the team that beat them... its no wonder that players act like assholes these days...:doh:

Not be a shameless homer for our own team but I think Coach Tomlin is one of the most gracious coachesin defeat you'll see. After the SB, it was all congratulations for the Packers and Coach McCarthy. Rex and others like Mike Holmgren and John Harbaugh could take a note from that.

Lady Steel
05-01-2011, 02:50 PM
The Jets would have beaten Green Bay in the Super Bowl, huh? Didn't they have to go through Pittsburgh first? Fail!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
05-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Rex Is Stupid. Tell you The Truth i Think No one Was Better Than The Packers This Year I No Steelers Could Have Won If Not For Mistakes. But Rex Just Needs To Stop Putting A Foot In His Mouth lol. His Team Already Choked Up 2 Years In a Row In The Championship Game Has He Not Learned Noting?

Fire Arians
05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
yeah they'd have a good shot. but you know, you gotta get there first ;)

bubbletownwr88
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah I can picture it now Mark Sanchez leading the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history and then throwing an int at the 1 yard line....

Fire Arians
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah I can picture it now Mark Sanchez leading the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history and then throwing an int at the 1 yard line....

jets have the secondary to neutralize rodgers. i think the mvp for the jets wouldn't be sanchez, but shonn greene as the pack looks kinda soft against power running attacks. They match up well vs the pack. Of course if they can't beat us the super bowl won't happen for them.

classic case of paper-scissors-rock, i don't think there's 1 dominant team. In the top teams in the nfl there are certain teams that are the others' kryptonite and vice versa. while i hate rex ryan and the jets, i don't think it would be a stretch to say their chances are pretty good against GB

fer522
05-02-2011, 06:40 PM
jets have the secondary to neutralize rodgers. i think the mvp for the jets wouldn't be sanchez, but shonn greene as the pack looks kinda soft against power running attacks. They match up well vs the pack. Of course if they can't beat us the super bowl won't happen for them.

classic case of paper-scissors-rock, i don't think there's 1 dominant team. In the top teams in the nfl there are certain teams that are the others' kryptonite and vice versa. while i hate rex ryan and the jets, i don't think it would be a stretch to say their chances are pretty good against GB

agree with you 1000% :thumbsup:

SteelersJMB
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Gonna have to get to the game first

steelerchad
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Rex is beginning to sound like my brother-in-law the Browns fan.
For the 3rd year in a row he says his Jets will win the Super Bowl this year. Similarly my brother-in-law predicts his Browns will defeat my Steelers every time we play. Since he's been my brother-in-law, he's exactly 1 for 14 on those predictions. Rex is well on his way to equaling that great feat if he can just win one of those dang Super Bowl thingies in the next 12 years.
Like I always tell my brother- in -law, just keep predicting it and sooner or later it WILL happen.
What was my sister thinking?
At least they made an agreement before their twins were born. Boys= Browns fans. Girls= Steelers fans. Twin fraternal girls, sweet justice.

stb_steeler
05-09-2011, 09:31 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/Pinkflamingofksj/mred.jpg
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab357/OSteelC/freaky-faces-rex-ryan-2.jpg Can ya see the resemblance?...:chuckle:

dsr
07-05-2011, 04:24 PM
More wisdom from Rex Ryan

“We only lost to them 9-0 during the season, and we gave them two of the field goals because of mistakes.”

And if they hadn't given them two field goals, it would still have been 3-0. It doesn't matter how good your D is, Rex, you don't win games with a score of 0.

JPPT1974
07-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Talk about trash-talking! That is Rex Ryan!

CrunkJeezy
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
What a dbag! Sorry Rex not winning any Super Bowls if you keep putting that giant bullseye on your back.