PDA

View Full Version : undrafted Free agents

ebsteelers
05-01-2011, 11:02 AM
who you want the steelers to hopefully sign?

would like to see some safties, maybe another corner or 2

just listed 2 guys id like to see

1. S Joseph Lefeged, Rutgers SPECIAL TEAMS SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!
He possesses a nice combination of size and straight-line speed. In addition, he is an experienced and versatile special teams contributor who has blocked four kicks in the past two seasons.

8. OLB Mark Herzlich, Boston College
Herzlich lacks elite athleticism especially when asked to play in space, however he is an instinctive and relentless defender who can develop into a strong reserve SLB.

doesnt this guy just seem like a steeler, good player good leader

rangerman
05-01-2011, 11:13 AM
like number two but i would add deunta williams S, and ian willliams to spell casey this year and to add depth in case of injury

pancake
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I say add a top rookie kicker to the mix. I know the Henry kid got drafted, but I don't think any other kickers were, but I'm not for sure.

pancake
05-01-2011, 04:26 PM
What UFA are out there?

pancake
05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Dan Bailey Oklahoma State Kicker

jwmann2
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Team don't choose who the undrafted free agents are. The players decide from the teams that have offered them an invite to training camp. Prime reason you will see a lot of local kids on a training camp roster.

55BaileyFan
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I like Bailey from Oklahoma State, Herzlich would be great but I think that his hometown boys in Philadelphia or his college town of Boston (New England Patriots) I think they could take a peek at Jeron Johnson S Boise State, Josh Bynes ILB Auburn, Henry Hynoski FB Pitt, Jeff Maehl WR Oregon.

We need to bring in multiple guys and not only have some cannon fodder but some real gems as well. We usually find at least one or two guys that make the roster. I would be really excited to see Hynoski get on the team. He is an amazing run blocker and has great hands out of the backfield. Its like having a faster lineman on the field (6'2 260 lbs)

ricksteelers55
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
John Clay out of Wisconsin, Henry Hynoski, Ian Williams and either Jasper or Bailey the kickers

wyn50
05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes we definitely need to look for a kicker!

55BaileyFan
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Shaun Suisham did a good job but he can't kick the long ones. I think that the Steelers could reach into the Arena League like they did with Bironas (who they cut) or maybe they could dip into the UFL as well. Its not an undrafted free agent but they could find some real talent.

austinfrench76
05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
K, NT, S and some LB's. Herzlich would be awesome!

ebsteelers
05-04-2011, 09:16 AM
the problem with getting a kicker is how will a rookie do in a big spot,
suisham was good minus that blast in the super bowl ... yikes, i think i just threw up

and some of the ufa were drafted in the ufl so i dont know how that will play out

55BaileyFan
05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
the problem with getting a kicker is how will a rookie do in a big spot,
suisham was good minus that blast in the super bowl ... yikes, i think i just threw up

and some of the ufa were drafted in the ufl so i dont know how that will play out

If you remember when Kris Brown was a rookie...before he started to suck horribly, he connected on 25 of 29, 8 of 11 from 40-49 and was 1-1 over 50. He played extremely well as a rookie. Rob Bironas after being in camp with us in 2004 was signed by the Titans for the 2005 season and as a rookie connected on 23 of 29 and has only got better.