PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Mendenhall Twitter Remarks About Osama bin Laden Will Cause Backlash

Pages : [1] 2

Deserei90
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
http://burgh.us/4m3

Here's exactly what he said: @R_Mendenhall

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side....

What does everyone else think about this? Was he right? Was he wrong? :noidea:

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Just another stupid thing to say like the slavery remark.

One need not know Bin LAden personally to recognize, from his own words no less, that he encouraged extremism and violence while endorsing beliefs that deprived rights to women and homosexuals and running terrorist roganizations that left societies under draconian law. While Mendenhall may be right that people's celebrations were excessive, the "you only know hafl teh story" remark makes me smirk.

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Further evidence we root for these guys on the field and probably do not want to know about their moronic conduct off of it (see, e.g,, B. Roethlisberger)

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh booooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....Rashard.

I heard this man...over an over. I saw what this man did. I saw what he wanted. I hate this man. I hate his soul......I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy he is dead. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!

I celebrate with ever essence of my being. I HATE BIN LADEN. BURN IN HADES!!!

Rashard.....I enjoy watching you play football. But I would bet you will find very little sympathy if you said this. 3000 dead Americans and others families hate this man.

I HATE THIS DEAD SCUMBAG!!! I HATE HIM!!!

Hope you get the idea.

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Ya know......I wonder if Mr Rooney will need to do some house cleaning. This man has either no brain or is not deserving to be a Steeler. I mean we got rid of a top reciever for acting childish. This man is not Pittsburgh Steeler worthy. He is not just childish.....he is something more. He feels for Bin Laden?!?!?!

Mr Rooney......check into this mans true beliefs. He may need to go.........................SOON!!!! I hope it was a case of mouth before brain and not his real feelings. Shame on you Rashard!!!

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
This is going to blow up

Bob Smizik has the comments up on his blog with this observation

Someone on the Steelers or someone who cares about him needs to reach out to running back Rashard Mendenhall and tell him to shut up.:thumbsup:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/28610-on-twitter-mendenhall-questions-countrys-reaction-to-bin-ladens-death

As you might expect, the comments on Smizik's blog about Mendenhall's thoughts are scathing

harrison'samonster
05-02-2011, 06:56 PM
to say we only know one side of the story is ridiculous. Maybe he means we only sympathize with one side of the story, I don't know. Mendenhall needs to shut his mouth in public.

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Smizik is DEAD ON!!!! Rashard....................you dont deserve to make a fortune playing for fans that love America. Go play dead goats head horse racing in Afganhnistan. Maybe your Al Queda buddies will pay you....probably will if you love that demon.

Leave the Steelers you creep!!!!

PhantomJB93
05-02-2011, 07:05 PM
God Rashard, I love you sometimes but you need to cool it with these remarks. You're making yourself look like an idiot.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not for bin laden but just because Rashard believes in something doesn't mean he should be kicked off the team for it... come on guys a little extreme

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 07:16 PM
It was a dumb thing to say undoubtedly, but not worthy of getting the boot from the team for.
If you threw out every football player who said uncoutht hings we'd be left with a paltry team indeed.

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
i doubt he has any love for bin laden, but i can see where he's coming from. all this celebrating someone's death in a way does make me sick.

with that said, i'm glad bin laden won't be able to hurt anyone anymore, but i think he would have been more valuable alive.

i'd much prefer that bin laden's death didn't get so much press, seeing his picture makes me sick

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah....he just believes in something. Like Bin Laden?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me!!!!

And I'm sure he loves that sweet heart Hitler. No man that believes what he said deserves to be a Steeler. He either needs to TOTALLY retract an oral diarehha outbreak.....or get kicked off this team. This is Pittsburgh!!!! We tolerate NO AL QUEDA sympathizers!!!! None of our lost family members, service members or any American should tolerate any man that sheds a tear for this animal.

I am steamed!!!!!

OX1947
05-02-2011, 07:23 PM
(bleep) Bin Laden. How much you wanna bet he says someone hacked into his twitter. I put my house on it.......

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
God are you guy kidding me!?!?!? Dont give press to the most hated animal since Hitler!!! You see his point!! You guys are flippin nutz!!!! What the heck are you and Rashard drinkin up there!!!

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Mendenhall should just beat all your asses your telling me you guys are celebrating celebrating someones death is just as bad as anything rashard has said

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:29 PM
You arent Steeler fans......you cant be......Rashard is right?!?!? Wrong to celebrate this animals death!!!

GET OUT!!!!! Turn in your towels!!! You are traitors to the Steelers and USA!!!

Or morons.....or both.

cloppbeast
05-02-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm not for bin laden but just because Rashard believes in something doesn't mean he should be kicked off the team for it... come on guys a little extreme

I agree. While I think it's stupid for him to make extreme (and by extreme I mean unconventional) political statements on such a platform, it's not like he's unamerican just because he feels that way. But, I fear a potential backlash for the guy.

Honestly, part of me agrees with him. You guys can call me "unamerican" if you want, but it's just how I feel. I'm against war; I'm against the death penalty; and I've never met this Osama Bin Laden. I did not see him organize an operation to blow up any of our buildings, I only have information provided by our government telling me he did such things. Either way, even if he is guilty, this whole idea that death justifies death seems barbaric to me - I thought we were civilized. If that makes me unamerican, well I guess I'm guilty as charged.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
When did i ever say he was right? the second part of his post is bull shit but dude your freaking about what a player typed in his phone on twitter. James Harrison hit his gf with a telephone you want him to get the death sentence?

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Oh yeah....he just believes in something. Like Bin Laden?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me!!!!

And I'm sure he loves that sweat heart Hitler. No man that believes what he said deserves to be a Steeler. He either needs to TOTALLY retract an oral diarehha outbreak.....or get kicked of this team. This is Pittsburgh!!!! We tolerate NO AL QUEDA sympathizers!!!! None of our lost family members, service members or any american should tolerate any man that sheds a tear for this animal.

I am steamed!!!!!

what, just because this guy doesn't like the press parading and celebrating the death of somebody then you're an al queda sympathizer? get the **** outta here man, the world isn't black and white.

some people can be glad he's gone but the celebrating death thing doesn't sit right with some.

this is the USA, people have the right to speak their mind. saying otherwise would be un-american :wink02:

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
James is a great American!!! God bless James and America!!! Dont besmirch James with an Al Queda sympathizers mouthings.

theplatypus
05-02-2011, 07:35 PM

And I'm sure he loves that sweet heart Hitler. No man that believes what he said deserves to be a Steeler. He either needs to TOTALLY retract an oral diarehha outbreak.....or get kicked off this team. This is Pittsburgh!!!! We tolerate NO AL QUEDA sympathizers!!!! None of our lost family members, service members or any American should tolerate any man that sheds a tear for this animal.

I am steamed!!!!!

Dude, don't be a dipshit

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Man right down the road from ya'll is a field full of dead Americans that fought the first battle against that animal. I have been there. They deserve better than this.

YOU PEOPLE REMEMBER WHO PAYED THE ULTIMATE PRICE SO YOU CAN WATCH GAMES!!!!

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Mr Team Pez.....................you are the Dipshit sir........you gotta be kiddin me. You stink if you agree with this creep.

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm a veteran of the US military, and I'm saying some people are blowing this crap WAY out of proportion. Rashard has a right to his own opinion and he said nothing that would identify him as an Al-Qaeda sympathizer. Maybe he just isn't for the death penalty, that doesn't make him any less american.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I agree. While I think it's stupid for him to make extreme (and by extreme I mean unconventional) political statements on such a platform, it's not like he's unamerican just because he feels that way. But, I fear a potential backlash for the guy.

Honestly, part of me agrees with him. You guys can call me "unamerican" if you want, but it's just how I feel. I'm against war; I'm against the death penalty; and I've never met this Osama Bin Laden. I did not see him organize an operation to blow up any of our buildings, I only have information provided by our government telling me he did such things. Either way, even if he is guilty, this whole idea that death justifies death seems barbaric to me - I thought we were civilized. If that makes me unamerican, well I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Clopp you are showing an ostrich with his head in the sand mentality here.

Have you seriously never done any research about al-Qaida or Osama Bin Laden? The man ran a terrorist organization that enforced draconian rule over helpless people while suppressing the rights of women, homosexuals, and anybody else that contradicts their fundamental beliefs. This isn't "information provided by our government" using your logic one could hardly believe anything happens in the world that one doesn't witness with one's own eyes. Come on, anyone who knwos about al-Qaida knows they sponsor Taliban activities, who take credit for the destruction of America Troops as often as they can.

You're not unamerican but not thinking very hard here, yet you don't seem really interested in it. However, Islamic extremism is a threat to America, wether people want to believe it or no.

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Mr Team Pez.....................you are the Dipshit sir........you gotta be kiddin me. You stink if you agree with this creep.

says the guy with a skunk avatar :chuckle:

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Mr. Bubbabanjo skunk man if someone killed our president and was parading around about it in there country i'm guessing you would probably go cut yourself in a corner, but thats the same thing. i mean i'm glad they killed this guy he did horrible things, but you don't see me going out and throwing a party about it that's the problem here not the deal with us liking him.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I'm a veteran of the US military, and I'm saying some people are blowing this crap WAY out of proportion. Rashard has a right to his own opinion and he said nothing that would identify him as an Al-Qaeda sympathizer. Maybe he just isn't for the death penalty, that doesn't make him any less american.

I agree I don't think he is an al-Qaida sympathizer, but just a dumbass, which I suspected after he extolled on the intellect it would take for him to reveal the "parallels" between slavery and the NFL.

OX1947
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
No one is celebrating his death. We are celebrating good old fashion American ass whipping. You (bleep) with the Bull you get the horns. And that (bleep) got the BULL in the EYE for the crack shot. BOOYA!

cloppbeast
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Man right down the road from ya'll is a field full of dead Americans that fought the first battle against that animal. I have been there. They deserve better than this.

Love for your countrymen does not mean agree with killing others. Are you suggesting that I don't support the troops just because I don't support the celebrating of a murder? You should take a logic class.

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
You have the total right to say anything.....and be condemmed for it. This is intolerable. I draw the line here. I love the Steelers......but any man that believes this doesnt deserve to be one. He needs to address this....NOW!!!! Not later. These are our sworn enemies that want to kill all of us...our kids...families anyone. This is black and white.

cloppbeast
05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Clopp you are showing an ostrich with his head in the sand mentality here.

Have you seriously never done any research about al-Qaida or Osama Bin Laden? The man ran a terrorist organization that enforced draconian rule over helpless people while suppressing the rights of women, homosexuals, and anybody else that contradicts their fundamental beliefs. This isn't "information provided by our government" using your logic one could hardly believe anything happens in the world that one doesn't witness with one's own eyes. Come on, anyone who knwos about al-Qaida knows they sponsor Taliban activities, who take credit for the destruction of America Troops as often as they can.

You're not unamerican but not thinking very hard here, yet you don't seem really interested in it. However, Islamic extremism is a threat to America, wether people want to believe it or no.

Ok. I concede that beyond a doubt he was behind the 9/11 plot. Nevertheless, that doesn't make it right to celebrate the dude's death. Like I said previously, this seems barbaric to me.

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Love for your countrymen does not mean agree with killing others. Are you suggesting that I don't support the troops just because I don't support the celebrating of a murder? You should take a logic class.

YES.....you need less classes. You head is full of stoopidity. It doesnt get any clearer than this. Killing Bin Laden is mission one.....you are lost. God you are lost. Jesus......good riddance to all of you....you are alien beings. Is this what Pittsburgh has become?????? My god......

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
okay i have to admit this is a great a shirt http://ih2.redbubble.net/work.7117853.1.fig,white,mens,fbfbfb.osama-bin-laden-dead-shirt-owned-v3.jpg

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
YES.....you need less classes. You head is full of stoopidity. It doesnt get any clearer than this. Killing Bin Laden is mission one.....you are lost. God you are lost. Jesus......good riddance to all of you....you are alien beings. Is this what Pittsburgh has become?????? My god......
idk about you but now i see what the people that live in the back roads of South Car-O-Lina have turned into

Lady Steel
It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side....

Oh, I've heard bin Laden speak. I've heard him speak absolutely too much -

1991: Osama Bin Laden moves to Sudan and makes the country al Qaeda's base. Training camps are set up and preparations made for jihad.

Bin Laden - whose aliases included the Prince, the Emir, Abu Abdallah, Mujahid Shaykh, Hajj, and the Director - stayed in the African country for five years and was believed to have begun a search for nuclear material.

1993: Bin Laden linked by the US to the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Centre which killed six people and injured 1,000 more.

1996: The US identifies Bin Laden as the prime suspect in the bombing of the Khobar Towers military complex in Saudi Arabia in which 19 US servicemen are killed.

October 12 1996: Bin Laden issues a declaration of jihad, or holy war, calling on Muslims to kill US soldiers, civilians and allies

August 1998: The first acknowledged mass-casualty al-Qaeda attack takes place at the US Embassy in Kenya. A total of 219 people are killed.

A pick-up truck packed with explosives blows up outside the four-storey building in the heart of the capital Nairobi. Minutes later, 12 people are killed when another bomb shatters the US Embassy in Dar es Salaam in neighbouring Tanzania. About 5,000 people are injured in the two blasts

October 2000: A suicide attack on the USS Cole in Yemen blows a 40sq ft hole in the ship's hull, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

September 11 2001: Bin Laden's organisation again uses operatives willing to die - hijacking passenger jets and flying them into the World Trade Centre in New York.

The attacks on New York and the Pentagon, as well as the hijacked plane that crashed into a field in Pennsylvania, claim nearly 3,000 lives - the world's worst act of terrorism.

December 2001: An attempted suicide attack on a Paris to Miami airliner by London-born Richard Reid, an al-Qaeda sympathiser, is thwarted after he passengers overpowered him as he tried to ignite explosives in his shoe.

He was later jailed for life by an American court.

2002: Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl is kidnapped in Pakistan and beheaded by al-Qaeda.

June 2002: Suicide bomber blows up a truck at the US consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 14 Pakistanis.

October 12 2002: Two bombs explode in a busy nightclub area on the Indonesian island of Bali, killing 202 people, including 28 Britons.

One hits Paddy's Irish Bar in the island's Kuta tourist district and the second explodes in a van outside the Sari nightclub in the same area. The al-Qaeda-linked terror group Jemaah Islamiyah was blamed for the Bali attacks

November 28 2002: A vehicle packed with explosives ploughs into the Paradise Hotel near the port of Mombasa in Kenya, killing 11 Kenyans and three Israeli tourists.

In a simultaneous attack, two shoulder-launched missiles are fired at an Israeli passenger plane nearby, but narrowly miss the aircraft.

December 2002: A suspected Muslim extremist opens fire in a Christian hospital in southern Yemen killing three American missionaries and seriously wounding a fourth.

May 13 2003: A series of suicide bombings in the Saudi Arabian capital, Riyadh, kill at least 34 people, in attacks on housing compounds for foreigners.

August 5 2003: Jemaah Islamiya - the al-Qaeda-linked group thought to be behind the Bali attack - are blamed for the car bombing of the US-run JW Marriott luxury hotel in Jakarta, which killed 12 people.

November 2003: Saudi authorities claim al-Qaeda is behind a suicide car bombing that kills 17 people in Riyadh.

Terrorists said to be linked to al-Qaeda bomb two synagogues in Istanbul, Turkey.

Five days later, two more suicide car bombings in Istanbul hit the British Consulate General and the HQ of HSBC bank in the city. The series of attacks killed 61 people - including British Consul-General Roger Short - and injured hundreds more. Analysts say the November 20 bombings showed that al-Qaeda has realigned its sights towards British targets.

March 11 2004: Bombs rip through commuter trains in Madrid, killing more than 200 people and wounding 1,500.

May 2004: Suicide bomber kills the head of the Iraqi Governing Council, Ezzedine Salim, near the headquarters of the US-led coalition in Baghdad.

Twenty-two people die after gunmen allegedly from a group linked to al-Qaeda attack offices in Khobar, Saudi Arabia.

June 18 2004: US engineer Paul Johnson is beheaded by suspected al-Qaeda militants in Saudi Arabia after holding him hostage for a week. The country's purported network leader Abdul Aziz al-Muqrin is later killed by security forces.

July 7 2005: A total of 52 people are killed and more than 700 injured when terrorists launch four attacks on London's transport network.

November 2005: The group massacres at least 56 people and injures more than 100 when they blow up three foreign owned hotels in Amman, Jordan.

September 7 and 8 2007: Two suicide attacks kill at least 50 people in Algeria. Three months later the same group kills more than 40 people with two car bomb attacks in the Algerian capital, Algiers.

June 2008: Al-Qaeda kills six people when terrorists attack the Danish embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, with a car bomb.

October 2009: At least 155 victims die when al-Qaeda carries out a double suicide bombing in Baghdad. Two months later the group is linked to a series of car bombs in the centre of Baghdad which kill at least 127 people.

December 25 2009: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, a Nigerian graduate, tries to blow up an aeroplane. Wearing explosives in his underwear he sets himself alight in a packed Airbus approaching Detroit, in an attack orchestrated by al-Qaeda in Yemen.

October 2010: The network is linked to a major international terror alert when explosives are found hidden in toner cartridges on board planes at East Midlands Airport in the UK and Dubai. The packages are addressed to synagogues in Chicago and sent from Yemen.

May 1 2011: US president Barack Obama announces that Osama Bin Laden has been killed in a US operation in Pakistan.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3559086/Life-and-crimes-of-Osama-Bin-Laden.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Sometimes actions speak louder than words. I hope bin Laden burns in hell. The creatures of the sea probably don't even want him.

cloppbeast
You head is full of stoopidity.

Need I say more?

When I troll at Raven's boards and they make fun of stupid inbred Steelers fans, I imagine this is the kind of homogeneous, critical-thinking-absent crap their talking about.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok. I concede that beyond a doubt he was behind the 9/11 plot. Nevertheless, that doesn't make it right to celebrate the dude's death. Like I said previously, this seems barbaric to me.

I agree Clop, I think a lot of the celebrating went overboard and the footage will be saved to feed al-Qaida with more propaganda to give to the Taliban.

I can see why some people were celebrating, it was a huge symbolic victory, but I am with the side of not dancing for death. I have an inkling a lot of the people dancing haven't seen a lot of death for real before, but who knows. We agree with that at least. Although I find Rashard's comments about only knowing "half the story" ridiculous and uncouth.

theplatypus
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM

He needs less classes so he can spell "stoopidity". :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
The killing was just, but the media celebration is what I don't agree with.

Bubbabanjo
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah maybe buddy...........Ravens may be right about us. Or me.......I sure am NOT one of you. I am ashamed to be a Steeler fan right now. First time ever.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah maybe buddy...........Ravens may be right about us. Or me.......I sure am NOT one of you. I am ashamed to be a Steeler fan right now. First time ever
I'm really am sad right now bud Steeler Nation has lost one of its most dedicated members....

Wallace108
Something felt wrong about watching people celebrate at the White House and in Times Square. It reminded me of watching the Palestinians celebrate after 9/11.

The difference is that they were celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocent people. Americans were celebrating the death of the guy who orchestrated those deaths.

As far as Mendy's comment, it's even more ridiculous than his slavery comment. How can we hate someone we've never even heard speak? So it's wrong to hate Hitler? It's wrong to hate anyone else who has committed acts of evil? And as far as us hearing only one side, what could bin Laden possibly say to justify the killing of thousands of innocent people?

Mendy has a right to say what he wants. And Steeler or not, I have a right to call him a dumb ass.

theplatypus
Yeah maybe buddy...........Ravens may be right about us. Or me.......I sure am NOT one of you. I am ashamed to be a Steeler fan right now. First time ever.

I mean this in the best possible way, you're a freaking moron.

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM
The more nonsensical part of the comment is not Mendenhall saying that he has qualms about celebrating another man's death - instead it is the bulls**t moral relativism from #34 in the boldfaced part of the quote

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...:noidea:

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall/statuses/65166153525379072

Would be interested to hear "the other side" that justifies killing 3000 people

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 07:54 PM

sure go ahead and cheer for baltimore, you'll fit right in with your thug mentality

theplatypus
05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
The more nonsensical part of the comment is not Mendenhall saying that he has qualms about celebrating another man's death - instead it is the bulls**t moral relativism from #34 in the boldfaced part of the quote

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...:noidea:

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall/statuses/65166153525379072

Everything would have been fine if he had just left out the last part. You don't agree with celebrating someone's death, fine. The rest is just poorly thought out.

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I have an inkling a lot of the people dancing haven't seen a lot of death for real before, but who knows.

I disagree. I think a lot of those people have most certainly been touched by the deaths of their loved ones at the hands of that monster and are relieved justice has been served.

It's obvious you haven't been touched by it.

theplatypus
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
This really begs the question, are they actually celebrating his death or do they think that his death is the end of Al Quaeda and terrorism in general.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I disagree. I think a lot of those people have most certainly been touched by the deaths of their loved ones at the hands of that monster and are relieved justice has been served.

It's obvious you haven't been touched by it. and of course the wife comes in and makes the best point of the night....

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
:sofunny:

Fire Arians
05-02-2011, 08:03 PM

well, in some cases, some people have seen death at war and would rather not see more, or don't see death as a reason to celebrate, even though they're your enemies.

many years back, I would have been a part of the crowd celebrating in front of the white house. now? after being at war and actually seeing the dead bodies of your enemies can change you forever. My mindset changed forever, I could live with myself doing my duty to country by acting in justice, but if I ever pulled a trigger with hatred as my intentions, I'd be no different than the ones we were trying to stop.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 08:05 PM
well, in some cases, some people have seen death at war and would rather not see more, or don't see death as a reason to celebrate, even though they're your enemies.

many years back, I would have been a part of the crowd celebrating in front of the white house. now? after being at war and actually seeing the dead bodies of your enemies can change you forever. I've been there and although glad to have not been the one killed, there was still some degree of disgust when I looked at their bodies. My mindset changed forever, I could live with myself doing my duty to country by acting in justice, but if I ever pulled a trigger with hatred as my intentions, I'd be no better than them.

I agree Fire Arians, most of the people who do a little diddy over killing have probably never killed or seen killing before. Kind of like filmakers who make killing sleek and stylish in their movies.

It's just not something that needs to be danced over in my view.

Like I said before, I can empathize with those celebrating, but wouldn't take part in it.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM

many years back, I would have been a part of the crowd celebrating in front of the white house. now? after being at war and actually seeing the dead bodies of your enemies can change you forever. My mindset changed forever, I could live with myself doing my duty to country by acting in justice, but if I ever pulled a trigger with hatred as my intentions, I'd be no different than the ones we were trying to stop.

thanks for your service man

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Excellent point, FA. Thank you so very much for your service. :drink:

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Perhaps, but how many of the dancing do you think actually lost a loved one? I know a lot who have lost a lot of people in OEF and OIF but none that went out and treated Bin Laden's death as a parade, although we were all glad to hear about it.

cloppbeast
05-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I can see why some people were celebrating, it was a huge symbolic victory, but I am with the side of not dancing for death. I have an inkling a lot of the people dancing haven't seen a lot of death for real before, but who knows. We agree with that at least. Although I find Rashard's comments about only knowing "half the story" ridiculous and uncouth.

I think his comments recently to be entirely stupid, with the slave comments and now this. I agree somewhat with the latter, but it still wasn't smart.

I find myself in the same position as Mendy, though. I think we're having difficulty trying to convey our message. It's kind of like what happened in 1984, where the reason we "hate" a specific group of people is almost entirely due to propaganda and a groupthink type of mentality. It's the same thing that lead to fascism and virtually every religious war that has ever occurred. It's the same reason middle-eastern people hate the West.

We can say our hatred of Bin Laden is entirely due to his acts against us, but I think such an assertion is dubious at best. We hated Saddam and rejoiced at his death when he nothing to us. We hated the Vietnamese when they did nothing to us. We hated the Koreans when they did nothing to us. We hated the Russians when they did nothing to us. We hated the Japanese (meaning the Japanese people we were killing in war) when they did nothing to us. And we killed a lot of those people and rejoiced in it.

This is a difficult thing for me to deal with; it's heartbreaking. I appreciate everything our soldier do for us and what they sacrifice. I'm saddened when they are hurt or killed - but, I feel the same way when it happens to our enemies. They are people just like us, with families and friends and lives of their own. But yet, as Americans we seem to only get upset when our own troops die or get hurt - that goes back to the hatred of people we've never met.

I've seen this happen so much (not literally, of course) and it depresses me. I try to fight it as much as possible. Sometimes though, the hatred may be warranted, but it can be difficult to diagnose whether it's due to propaganda or whether it's legitimate.

Wallace108
05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Another comment from Mendy:

R_Mendenhall Rashard Mendenhall
We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style

So basically, he's a Truther, and doesn't think bin Laden was involved in 9/11. Keep talking Mendy. :coffee:

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
nah man that wasn't even what he said that was a person tweeting to mendy

finesward
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Do the soldiers we send overseas to fight half a world away know they are fighting terrorists to protect the NFL? :chuckle:

So this guy killed 3,000 Americans. That's horrible, and tragic, and unacceptable. But waging war and killing hundreds of thousands civilians in the name of justice will not solve a damn thing. Go read up on how many innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq are dead because of us. No one should be celebrating anything, the cost of delivering justice to one man has put us in the cross hairs of every family member of those killed by U.S/NATO troops and airstrikes. Bin Laden was smart, he knew we would go in guns blazing and sat back in the cut for 10 years watching us kill the shit out of muslims furthering his cause.

No one is celebrating his death. We are celebrating good old fashion American ass whipping. You (bleep) with the Bull you get the horns. And that (bleep) got the BULL in the EYE for the crack shot. BOOYA!

And in all that american ass whipping we started an unwinnable war against the second largest religious group in the world.

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Perhaps, but how many of the dancing do you think actually lost a loved one?.

I don't have an exact number for you, of course. But there are husbands and wives, sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, lovers, friends, co-workers, etc., etc. Of course, there are also those who are just relieved that justice has been served, as I've stated previously.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 08:20 PM
And in all that american ass whipping we started an unwinnable war against the second largest religious group in the world. i'm with you. Obama says we are one step closer to taking down al-queada Bin laden wasn't even running it anymore he was a motivational figure now that he's dead is just gonna give them more reason to fight and theres no way that we can do anything to win the war against people with ak-47's and pickup trucks because its such an unorganized group when they fight face to face. the only way to win the war completely is just a-bomb the whole middle east but, obviously that's not an option nor do i think that is right

finesward
05-02-2011, 08:24 PM

What about the footage of college age kids in boone partying in the streets acting like complete drunken idiots?

Fact is maybe a lot of people have been affected by 9/11 directly, but a WHOLE lot more have been affected by all the killing in the name of justice that the U.S is directly responsible for. Bin laden achieved what he set out to do, to start a holy war. Dancing in the streets is only going to fuel the fire

cloppbeast
05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
i'm with you. Obama says we are one step closer to taking down al-queada Bin laden wasn't even running it anymore he was a motivational figure now that he's dead is just gonna give them more reason to fight and theres no way that we can do anything to win the war against people with ak-47's and pickup trucks because its such an unorganized group when they fight face to face. the only way to win the war completely is just a-bomb the whole middle east but, obviously that's not an option nor do i think that is right

War on Drugs, War on Terror, War on Poverty, War on (insert whatever) - none of them can be won. In fact, success hasn't been defined - perhaps they're undefinable. These wars are designed to perpetuate.

bubbletownwr88
05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
WWII was won

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 08:36 PM
What about the footage of college age kids in boone partying in the streets acting like complete drunken idiots?

What about them? As you stated, they're acting like complete drunken idiots.

Hines up next on Dancing With the Stars. Jerome Bettis there. lol.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 08:39 PM
War on Drugs, War on Terror, War on Poverty, War on (insert whatever) - none of them can be won. In fact, success hasn't been defined - perhaps they're undefinable. These wars are designed to perpetuate.

Thankfully Obama's administration has dropped the "War on terror" moniker, that always grinded me hearing it talked about like that.

Hwoever, Bin Laden's death is a huge blow to al-Qaida and goes to show that even their top brass can be caught and executed. By no means does it mean we are done in Afghanistan. The spring offensive has just began, as recently as Sunday a 12 year old detonated himself and killed 4 people in the process.

Yet this is a positive goal for the United States. Success in Afghanistan would be preventing the country from ever becoming a host to terrorist and extremist cells, that has been defined clearly. Unfortunately the coutry's destitute and impoverished, and even though we have a lot of Provinicial reconstruction teams buildling new schools and offering rights for women and other positive things, every time a civilan is killed it sets our cause back 10 steps. I wouldn't say its unwinabble, but it will take longer to "win" than the American public has patience for.

finesward
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
What about them? As you stated, they're acting like complete drunken idiots.

Hines up next on Dancing With the Stars. Jerome Bettis there. lol.

And as you stated, do you think any of them had seen death or lost loved ones, co-workers, etc.. Were they dancing because they are relieved justice has been served?

Idiots climbing trees in front of the white house draped in the american flag partying cause we killed someone is over the top. If you think that's hunky dory then by all means, watch your DWTS and go do a jig afterwards if it makes you feel american.

mikegrimey
05-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I don't have an exact number for you, of course. But there are husbands and wives, sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, lovers, friends, co-workers, etc., etc. Of course, there are also those who are just relieved that justice has been served, as I've stated previously.

I know some may have been relieved that justice was served; however my original point that a lot of the jubilant have probably never seen the exhausting, violent effort it takes to mead out justice in this case. If they had, they probably wouldn't celebrate over killing, like others in here have said. Then again, maybe they would.

SH-Rock
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I support Rashard on the first part. Who celebrates a man's death? But the second part, there is no justification of mass murder.
But there is also no pure justification that Osama was behind it. He is just the face of terrorism, but I bet there are far worse and heinous people behind him.

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
And as you stated, do you think any of them had seen death or lost loved ones, co-workers, etc.. Were they dancing because they are relieved justice has been served?

Idiots climbing trees in front of the white house draped in the american flag partying cause we killed someone is over the top. If you think that's hunky dory then by all means, watch your DWTS and go do a jig afterwards if it makes you feel american.

I don't know if they've been touched by it or not. Neither do you.

Speaking of doing the jig, you can bet bin Laden was dancing it when he killed all the Americans that he did.

Hines did great, btw. :tt:

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 09:00 PM
I know some may have been relieved that justice was served; however my original point that a lot of the jubilant have probably never seen the exhausting, violent effort it takes to mead out justice in this case. If they had, they probably wouldn't celebrate over killing, like others in here have said. Then again, maybe they would.

I see and understand your point, mike. We simply don't know how many lives have been touched, and we never will.

There's always going to be a-holes of course no matter what the circumstance.

Lady Steel
05-02-2011, 09:01 PM
But there is also no pure justification that Osama was behind it..

Of course not. It started with bin Laden.

jjpro11
05-02-2011, 09:03 PM
i am not getting into a whole stupid political battle on here.. because nobody ever changes their opinion and it will just never end. but the Steelers need to make Mendenhall close his ****ing twitter account already. he's embarrassing the team and fans with his ridiculous comments.

SH-Rock
05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
i am not getting into a whole stupid political battle on here.. because nobody ever changes their opinion and it will just never end. but the Steelers need to make Mendenhall close his ****ing twitter account already. he's embarrassing the team and fans with his ridiculous comments.

Agreed, there is a time and place for everything. And posting to millions of Americans who are really touchy about this subject is not the best thing. It would be better to express his opinion after his career ends or talk to others that openly want to talk about this.

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2011, 09:05 PM

True that

Think his agent is chatting with the Steelers FO this evening?:chuckle:

finesward
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't know if they've been touched by it or not. Neither do you.

Speaking of doing the jig, you can bet bin Laden was dancing it when he killed all the Americans that he did.

Hines did great, btw. :tt:

Good for hines, all I'm saying is dancing should be reserved for weddings, discos, and DWTS...not out in the streets broadcasted all over the world b/c a murderer (not to mention the face of terrorism) has been murdered. It's poor taste IMO and makes americans look a lot like those before-mentioned stupid drunken idiots.

*edit

Turns out after doing some reading today that those people out in front of the white house acting like stupid drunken idiots were indeed stupid drunken idiots

Per the guardianhttp://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/new-york-daily-news-rot-in-hell

For a brief moment, after so many months of partisanship and bitter rancour, it seemed that America had re-united once again. Such is the power of Twitter and Facebook, when combined with the more traditional grapevine of college students out drinking, that it was only minutes after President Obama's announcement that the first revellers arrived outside the White House and struck up the chant: "Ding, Dong, Bin Laden is dead."

A handful of celebrants turned into scores and then hundreds as the bars emptied out and the perimeter of the White House became an impromptu party zone. The national flag materialised out of nowhere and there was even a Stars and Stripes bikini that seems mandatory on events like these. Women took to their male friends' shoulders, joining in the now dominant mantra "USA! USA!" It was like Woodstock for the Millennial generation, pacifist flower power metamorphosed into communal celebration of victory in war.

MattsMe
05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
True that

Think his agent is chatting with the Steelers FO this evening?:chuckle:

Excellent commentary on a few of Mendy's intellectual gems:

http://thatschurch.com/2011/05/02/dear-rashard-delete-your-twitter-account-part-ii/

I particularly enjoy his views on oral sex, and women in general. Nothing most men, including myself, haven't thought at one time or another.

Of course I'm not a public figure working for the Rooney family.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Can Someone Take This Kid Off This Forum??? That Would Be Helpful Cause your Making Yourself look Like A Idiot. :tt03:

Deserei90
05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Never will be ashamed to be a Steeler fan, but this type of stuff makes the organization look bad. As if that whole Big Ben situation last year was enough. Everyone else is already blaming the steelers because of this. This kinda of stuff pisses me off to the core.:banging: I wish Mendenhall would have kept this too himself.

SH-Rock
05-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Never will be ashamed to be a Steeler fan, but this type of stuff makes the organization look bad. As if that whole Big Ben situation last year was enough. Everyone else is already blaming the steelers because of this. This kinda of stuff pisses me off to the core.:banging: I wish Mendenhall would have kept this too himself.

Well you can't blame him for saying this stuff. Just because this is against the norm doesn't mean he said anything wrong. Freedom to the people. But he should also recognize he representing an organization when he talks like this.

fart
05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Mendenhall needs the lockout to end solely because he will continue to make stupid/trolling remarks like this. That's all he's been doing this offseason... trolling.

Deserei90
05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Well you can't blame him for saying this stuff. Just because this is against the norm doesn't mean he said anything wrong. Freedom to the people. But he should also recognize he representing an organization when he talks like this.Maybe his word of choice rubs people the wrong way. Because some people actually think he's defending Osama Bin Laden.

Wallace108
05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
nah man that wasn't even what he said that was a person tweeting to mendy

Whatchu talkin about? :huh:

Atlanta Dan
05-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Ruh-roh - this story is going viral

This from Jeff Schulz in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution tonight'

Twitter meltdown: Mendenhall seems to defend Bin Laden

When the NFL lockout ends, Rashard Mendenhall may have to find a rec league in Pakistan to find his next job.

Mendenhall, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ running back, has suffered a meltdown on Twitter, all but defending Osama Bin Laden at a time when most of the rest of the world is celebrating his death.

While we can’t confirm @R_Mendenhall that it is actually Mendenhall Tweeting. But it is a “verified” account, he is being followed by several teammates and there’s no report of his account being hacked.

So how do you explain these Tweets?

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2011/05/02/rashard-mendenhall-seems-to-defend-bin-laden-on-twitter/

Farrior_roirraW
05-02-2011, 10:30 PM
i doubt he has any love for bin laden, but i can see where he's coming from. all this celebrating someone's death in a way does make me sick.

with that said, i'm glad bin laden won't be able to hurt anyone anymore, but i think he would have been more valuable alive.

i'd much prefer that bin laden's death didn't get so much press, seeing his picture makes me sick

Great post.

The Curtain's Crusader
05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I was a little nervous about what replies I'd see when I opened up this thread, but I'm pleased to see most of us think that the celebration of killing another human being is a little over-the-top...no matter who it was. I agree with the first part of Rashard's Tweet, but the second part definitely should have been left off or worded differently.

And I second the vote to remove BillyBobBanjo (or whatever his name is ). Dude's an idiot! :blah:

fart
05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Celebrating a person's death is nothing abnormal. Adolf Hitler, anyone?

BGSU A Dub
05-02-2011, 11:30 PM
So 9/11/01 happens, and a bunch of terrorists are celebrating the death of innocent people. They are dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplished.

5/2/11 happens, and a bunch of Americans are celebrating the death of a human being the orchestrated the death of innocent people. There are American people dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplishment and closure.

So the next attack happens on American soil- one in retaliation for the murder of Osama. Terrorists will feel accomplishment and closure.

What we have started here is a tennis match of sorts. So what is it that we are REALLY celebrating? Gaining an advantage in the match or that some closure was gained for people that lost loved ones?

I will wait to save my dancing, waving flags, and feelings of accomplishment for peace.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
05-03-2011, 01:23 AM
So 9/11/01 happens, and a bunch of terrorists are celebrating the death of innocent people. They are dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplished.

5/2/11 happens, and a bunch of Americans are celebrating the death of a human being the orchestrated the death of innocent people. There are American people dancing in the street, waving flags, and feeling accomplishment and closure.

So the next attack happens on American soil- one in retaliation for the murder of Osama. Terrorists will feel accomplishment and closure.

What we have started here is a tennis match of sorts. So what is it that we are REALLY celebrating? Gaining an advantage in the match or that some closure was gained for people that lost loved ones?

I will wait to save my dancing, waving flags, and feelings of accomplishment for peace.

Al-Qaeda is nuts and has no rationale at all. They will be angry at the US either way. So don't think that by celebrating we're giving them some sort of fodder to be angry at us. And don't worry about celebrating ever. There will never be peace in the world. There will always be some wack job ready to murder innocent people.

JCPsteelers
05-03-2011, 02:50 AM
I believe Rashard should be able to voice his opinion. I think he's wrong but it doesn't mean we should condemn him and tell him to shut up or whatever.

Saying that, I'm still pissed he fumbled in the Super Bowl so I have to be honest I really don't care to hear anything from him at this point.

Wallace108
05-03-2011, 03:08 AM
I believe Rashard should be able to voice his opinion. I think he's wrong but it doesn't mean we should condemn him and tell him to shut up or whatever.
So you're in favor of Mendy having freedom of speech, but not us? :wink02:

ricardisimo
05-03-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm sure this will come as a surprise to all of you, but I find nothing wrong with his comments, except that they're on Twitter, which is a medium I don't understand and can't take seriously. "Tweeted"? Please...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eVA2_CMG9xA/TaPMy452lgI/AAAAAAAAA5A/UtztKExTMwY/s1600/tweety-bird1.gif

Wallace108
05-03-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm sure this will come as a surprise to all of you, but I find nothing wrong with his comments

Ric, I'm shocked!!! :sofunny:

ricardisimo
05-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Ric, I'm shocked!!! :sofunny:
You didn't see it coming, did you?

pete74
05-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Mendy just went down a knotch in my book.
Those comments are idiotic and he is a freaking moron for posting them. osama bin laden and the rest of his terrorist network cheered when the twin towers fell and all those innocent people were burned to death. they were partying in the streets.
Mendenhall needs to go jump off a bridge. if i were the owner i would trade him right now

pete74
05-03-2011, 03:51 AM
what, just because this guy doesn't like the press parading and celebrating the death of somebody then you're an al queda sympathizer? get the **** outta here man, the world isn't black and white.

some people can be glad he's gone but the celebrating death thing doesn't sit right with some.

this is the USA, people have the right to speak their mind. saying otherwise would be un-american :wink02:

why is that? everyone celebrated the death of Hitler. if someones death in return can save the life of innocent people then i will celebrate it all night long. im glad osama bin laden is dead and my only regret is we didnt drop a nuke on him and the rest of his terrorist network 10 years ago when they were still in afgan

finesward
05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
why is that? everyone celebrated the death of Hitler. if someones death in return can save the life of innocent people then i will celebrate it all night long. im glad osama bin laden is dead and my only regret is we didnt drop a nuke on him and the rest of his terrorist network 10 years ago when they were still in afgan

Problem is his death cost the lives of over 100,000 innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Dropping a nuke on afghanistan wouldn't have killed any innocents either...nahhhh :doh:

plenewken
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
WWII was won

Winning a war doesn't mean as much as winning peace, and that's a much harder thing to do.

Deserei90
05-03-2011, 06:58 AM
All I know is Mendenhall better not say anything else, because his comments is already making news in other cities such as Atlanta.

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Mendenhall is a professional athlete. The only people putting his opinions in any regard (high or otherwise) are 8-13 year old boys and the media. Let's not inflate the affect this incident will have on our team. The Rooneys will tell him to shut his hole & it'll be over.

By the way, I'm glad Bin Laden is dead. I smile when I picture him frantically running around hell looking for the promised 77 virgins. All the while, his a$$ is on fire...and it's finally dawning on him that he was punked...:fryingpan::

ebsteelers
05-03-2011, 08:33 AM
i understand the idea of it, that we are as bad as them if were celebrating someones death, but even if you believe that, just shushh and keep it to your self, but what the heck do you expect from rashard.

my only complaint would be,

hey mendy how about you hold on to the ****ing football in a big spot you chump!!!

ebsteelers
05-03-2011, 08:46 AM

post of the year

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 09:03 AM

I imagine it's the same thing that justifies us killing the Vietnamese in the 1960s, or killing at least 70,000 Iraqis during the previous decade, or any other choice of the numerous wars we've waged.

TRH
05-03-2011, 09:03 AM
just because he plays for the Steelers doesn't mean he should get his ass kissed like i've seen on a couple comments.
This is the SECOND time, and recently, that he's said something both stupid and wrong, and he's really shown his true colors. I have no tolerance for either one, let alone both. Mark my words...sometime in the future, he's going to pull a "race" card into something...just watch..
I continue to pull for the great Steeler team, but i no longer like Rashad...in fact, i dislike him a great deal.

Death is normally not something to celebrate, but this is one instance where, YES, it is and should be. The ones saying it shouldn't be didn't lose a husband. Or a wife. It's not unruly crowds celebrating. It's family members who lost one of their own celebrating and as i watched some of them interviewed, i felt good watching them celebrate that a small amount of justice was served....but you still feel a bit bad that there son, daughter, spouse, cousin, whatever, is gone forever.

TRH
05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
The killing was just, but the media celebration is what I don't agree with.

I've seen much celebration by families of the murder victims who were interviewed and i'm happy to be able to see them celebrate some, even if they can't get their loved ones back.

ebsteelers
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
This is the SECOND time, and recently, that he's said something both stupid and wrong, and he's really shown his true colors. I have no tolerance for either one, let alone both. .

its an opinion, so there is no right or wrong, answer. Just because you disagree with him doesnt make him wrong and your right, or vice versa.

I personally agree with BGSU... I'll celebrate when there is peace

Everyone in America can say as they wish, and thats why America is so great.

Go Steelers :tt02:

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 10:03 AM
its an opinion, so there is no right or wrong, answer. Just because you disagree with him doesnt make him wrong and your right, or vice versa.

I personally agree with BGSU... I'll celebrate when there is peace

Everyone in America can say as they wish, and thats why America is so great.

I agree! :tt03:

StylCurtainXL
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
People would be celebrating just as hard if he was just captured. However, we can't celebrate that, he would not surrender. This celebration of Americans is justified in my opinion. It isn't the man it is the symbol. He represented to our enemies someone who could strike at the US and survive. It is a very symbolic but important achievement in our efforts.

Just as celebrating the VJ day was our expression of joy for the end of WWII. I believe everyone understood the cost then. I bet we do today too.

Perhaps with many of the Islamic regimes under pressure, and the take down of one THE leaders of terrorism, we may be able to push forward to the goal where we no longer need to be over there en masse.

ebsteelers
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
People would be celebrating just as hard if he was just captured. However, we can't celebrate that, he would not surrender. This celebration of Americans is justified in my opinion. It isn't the man it is the symbol. He represented to our enemies someone who could strike at the US and survive. It is a very symbolic but important achievement in our efforts.

Just as celebrating the VJ day was our expression of joy for the end of WWII. I believe everyone understood the cost then. I bet we do today too.

Perhaps with many of the Islamic regimes under pressure, and the take down of one THE leaders of terrorism, we may be able to push forward to the goal where we no longer need to be over there en masse.

symbols dont die though

Steeler13
05-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Nice knowing you, Rashard. Athletes can say what they want, no matter how dumb. But some things, you just cannot say. I can't see how we can keep him or how anyone will pick him up.

What an embarrassment.

steelerchad
05-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I didn't celebrate outwardly when I heard the news. But, I am happy he's dead and would have been just as happy had he been captured and then killed later. The celebrating of a death is a little extreme. For me it would be more celebrating that someone like this could no longer cause harm and is finally brought to justice. I'm for the death penalty when deserved. I can understand the celebrations by those who were personally affected for sure and Rashard should understand that as well.
He seems like a smart guy when he speaks, but lately he's saying some stuff that is going against the grain on some issues. The Steelers should write it in his contract that he can't have twitter or facebook, because at the very least he's taking focus away from football.

pete74
05-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Problem is his death cost the lives of over 100,000 innocents in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Dropping a nuke on afghanistan wouldn't have killed any innocents either...nahhhh :doh:

tactical nuke my man. it blows up there training camp not the entire country. i was also being sarcasic. nahhhhhh, daaaaaa

PineappleJetsFan
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
If I were an agent I'd have a system where my player would tweet, but it would land on my computer first so I could edit out all the dumb sh*t.

Tweet 1:
What kind of person celebrates death?

After agent gets a hold of it: USA! USA! USA!

Tweet 2:
It's amazing how people can HATE a man they never even heard speak. We've only heard one side.

After the agent gets a hold of it: USA!USA! USA!

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
By the way, I'm glad Bin Laden is dead. I smile when I picture him frantically running around hell looking for the promised 77 virgins. All the while, his a$$ is on fire...and it's finally dawning on him that he was punked...:fryingpan::

Haha. I'm pretty sure it's 72 virgins, but great image.

Celebrating death is not the motivation behind the swell of American pride we saw last night and continue to see today. Celebrating justice is! I know there are a lot of people who feel that killing someone is never justified and they have every right to their opinion. I would hope those people have the rationale to understand that the overwhelming majority of people in this country and around the world disagree and their opinions are just as valid.

As a 10 yr. veteran of the U.S. Army I find it revolting that some can compare our military with the actions of monsters like OBL. Not once in my career did I witness, participate in, or even hear rumors of the U.S. targeting civilians for the purpose of, well, absolutely nothing other than to kill and frighten the residents of that particular country. Not saying everything we've ever done is justifiable, nor that we've never been wrong. However, to even imply that we are no different shows a level of ignorance so far around the bend that there is no coming back.

pete74
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Haha. I'm pretty sure it's 72 virgins, but great image.

Celebrating death is not the motivation behind the swell of American pride we saw last night and continue to see today. Celebrating justice is! I know there are a lot of people who feel that killing someone is never justified and they have every right to their opinion. I would hope those people have the rationale to understand that the overwhelming majority of people in this country and around the world disagree and their opinions are just as valid.

As a 10 yr. veteran of the U.S. Army I find it revolting that some can compare our military with the actions of monsters like OBL. Not once in my career did I witness, participate in, or even hear rumors of the U.S. targeting civilians for the purpose of, well, absolutely nothing other than to kill and frighten the residents of that particular country. Not saying everything we've ever done is justifiable, nor that we've never been wrong. However, to even imply that we are no different shows a level of ignorance so far around the bend that there is no coming back.

agreed. im a marine and feel the exact same way

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 11:44 AM

I appreciate your service in our military.

With all due respect, I think you're being naive. If you think that our manner of killing is somehow less heinous because we line up and kill apposing soldiers, I think you're sorely mistaken. During the last 100 years, we've probably killed 1,000 times more innocents (meaning civilians) than Al Qaeda in 9/11. During any war, the great difficulty for civilized people is coming up with a way to justify killing, whether it's because enemies are dirty commies, or they're barbarians, or they're Muzlims, or whatever. This is just a way for us to deal with it.

They have their reasons to kill us; we have our reasons to kill them. Neither side understand the other, but we do have one thing in common.

I'm with the other guys on here that are talking about peace. I don't like when they kill us, and I don't like we kill them. I'm saddened by both. I'm not saying they weren't wrong in killing us, but I also won't pretend like we're not wrong when we do the same thing.

MasterOfPuppets
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
i just wonder how many of those people celebrating his death , "claim" to be christians ...probably most...:scratchchin:

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I imagine it's the same thing that justifies us killing the Vietnamese in the 1960s, or killing at least 70,000 Iraqis during the previous decade, or any other choice of the numerous wars we've waged.

OK - glad you cleared that up for me

So the indefensible is explained by what you regard to be other indefensible acts?

Got it - there are no moral absolutes, only oposing points of view

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice knowing you, Rashard. Athletes can say what they want, no matter how dumb. But some things, you just cannot say. I can't see how we can keep him or how anyone will pick him up.

What an embarrassment.

NFL teams would keep Charles Manson on the roster if he had suitable weight and speed for his position

Mendenhall's agent will ghost write some sort of "I apologize to the extent i may have offended anyone" statement and life will go on

fujirama24
05-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Fumblehall's got to go, We don't put up with drugies and other stuff now we have to put up with a terrorist lover get him out of here as soon as the lockout has been lifted I don't care what it does to are team get him out of here. He should worry more about holding on to the ball than world views.

Wallace108
05-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm with the other guys on here that are talking about peace. I don't like when they kill us, and I don't like we kill them. I'm saddened by both. I'm not saying they weren't wrong in killing us, but I also won't pretend like we're not wrong when we do the same thing.
In a perfect world where we could all sit around together and sing kumbaya, I'd agree with you. But that's not the world we live in. And it never will be. The Muslim extremists have no desire to live in peace with us. Their only goal is to destroy us and our way of life. So what would you have us do, sit around and wait for it to happen? :noidea:

Atranox
05-03-2011, 12:26 PM
i just wonder how many of those people celebrating his death , "claim" to be christians ...probably most...:scratchchin:

Few are celebrating the killing of Osama bin Laden in that particular sense. For a lot of people, this is closure to the grief of the 9/11 attacks. Those attacks affected a lot of people both directly and indirectly, and knowing that the man who orchestrated them is dead lifts a dark cloud for some.

Think of it this way - a man murders someone in your family. He gets away with it for 10 years, but is then found and arrested after he's an old man. Does this not bring some closure to you? Would this not provide you with some relief knowing that he is no longer walking the streets while your loved one is dead?

This is why many are celebrating this event. This asshole orchestrated the largest attacks ever against the US, and then laughed in our faces. 9 1/2 years ago the streets were lined with people grieving - today you can only expect the opposite. Nobody is celebrating killing. People are celebrating the end to a horrible, horrible human being.

steeltheone
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Shut up Mendy...Maybe you should be trying to live up to your number 1 billing instead of running your stupid mouth...

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I appreciate your service in our military.

With all due respect, I think you're being naive. If you think that our manner of killing is somehow less heinous because we line up and kill apposing soldiers, I think you're sorely mistaken. During the last 100 years, we've probably killed 1,000 times more innocents (meaning civilians) than Al Qaeda in 9/11. During any war, the great difficulty for civilized people is coming up with a way to justify killing, whether it's because enemies are dirty commies, or they're barbarians, or they're Muzlims, or whatever. This is just a way for us to deal with it.

They have their reasons to kill us; we have our reasons to kill them. Neither side understand the other, but we do have one thing in common.

I'm afraid it is you that is naive. Do you believe that there is such a thing as a "just war?" I'm not referring to Aghanistan, Iraq or any specific war or engagement - I mean in general...is there EVER a legitimate reason to kill another human? If your answer is "no" then I understand that you're a peace-nik & that's okay. However, your opinion is just that & should not be used to denigrate the soldiers doing their duty overseas. Your statement suggests that they are nothing more than murderers just as Al-Qaida is. I doubt that's what you are implying, but it sounds that way.

I am shocked that you still see no difference between out soldiers going to battle and al-Qaida, Taliban, Hezbollah, et al...Do you see no difference in our societal structure? Or our desire to protect the various freedoms we hold dear? Sure, there are times when soldiers step over the accepted boundaries & commit acts during war that are criminal. But, from a right/wrong perspective their presence in a foreign country is meant to protect the innocent. Al-Qaida's presence ANYWHERE is to kill the "infidel." Do you know who the infidel is? You, me, our spouses, our children, grandchildren, their grandchildren, and on and on and on it goes....

There is a HUGE difference in INTENT when our soldiers kill & why their's do.

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 12:36 PM

What are implying?

steelax04
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Couple of thoughts...

- Calling Mendenhall a "terrorist lover" and things of that nature is a little off-base. The "other side of the story" BS he posted, while dumb imho, doesn't make him a terrorist lover or sympathizer. Remember, he was only 14 when 9/11 happened.
- I'm not sure where this "Steelers players and fans all need to have a 'blow the f'in world up to be true Steelers players/fans" mentality came from. You know the making friends with sugar/vinegar saying? We're pouring a whole hell of a lot of vinegar on the world right now and it's not going all that great.
- The polar opposite viewpoints of "we need to invade and kill them before they attack us" vs. "let's sit back and do nothing" is very misleading. Why can't there be a middle ground, such as withdrawing most of our troops and start securing our country from INSIDE our borders first. Take a few troops and put them on our airplanes to make sure another 9/11 doesn't happen. Personally, I'd rather countries be pissed at us because we're NOT in their country than because we're "occupying" them. Might even make a few more friends that way.

All being said, I think we need to restructure and reorganize ourselves. Get our shit straight before we get back to being the "World Police." We are the greatest country in the world (if I didn't think so, I'd move) but holy hell we need to start acting like it.

SouthTexasSteel
05-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Yeah... that!! I too am a 21 year AF Vet.. The whole reason I joined the military is to defend the freedoms that give people like Rashard the right to make stupid comments about people celebrating the death of a total jackass!!

IMHO, his tweets show a complete lack of understanding about what kind of enemy we are up against.

We all have some idiot in our family tree somewhere that is completely clueless, the Steeler Nation is no different.

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 12:44 PM

You describe a world in which war and killing are all heinous acts of ignorance and aggression, never justified and rooted in evil as if everyone worldwide were just a listen or two of the song "Imagine" away from eternal peace. Then you call me naive.:sofunny: I'm as much of a John Lennon fan as anyone, but I know (and so did he) that the world he described does not exist, nor will it. At least not as long as human beings exist.

I'm guessing that you are quite young and I appreciate where your coming from. I had a much different view of the world once. Real life has a way of relieving us of the burden of being morally superior.

As for the numbers you have been throwing around throughout this thread, I can only assume that they are anally derived as they just don't make sense, not by any measure or standard. Do innocent people die as a result of battle? Of course. Can that be prevented? Not entirely. The U.S. may not always have civilian safety as their top priority, but they do have their own interests at the top, ALWAYS! Killing as many innocent people as you have been claiming is not in the best interest of us or anyone else.

thumper
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
First of all, he's not entirely wrong. We _do_ only hear from one
side. Did you know? OBL released a valid (many of the vids they
showed us were total fakes and not BL at all, and it was beyond
obvious) tape where he said he had nothing to do with the attacks,
but the govt. would not allow that tape to be heard, claiming there
could be secret messages in it that would cause more attacks.
However, they didn't feel that way when showing the obvious fake
tapes with a supposed confession, with the guys in the tapes obviously
not being the real OBL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZq_4PIbnhI

Coloring beards is against his religion. So we are to think he is so religious
that he follows it to kill people, but not so into it that he colors his beard and trims
it? As if. Look at the dude in that picture. It doesn't even look like him.

And then this video. Please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41UAnkQARFs

So, a guy dying of kidney failure bulked up by 40 pounds?
His nose go much thicker, why? He switched from being a lefty to righty? Huh? He
is now wearing gold, which is against his religion?

BL has stated, specifically he had nothing to do with it OR any foreknowledge
of it. The FBI never even charged him of those attacks. Never. Why? Lack
of evidence. As a matter of fact, there has never been a single piece of evidence
that link him to those attacks. Not one. Not one piece of paper. Not one computer
file. Nothing. Oh wait, they got dudes who they tortured to admit to stuff. But torture
is inadmissible if both US and international courts for a reason: Torturing people
for into only gets you info of what the torturers want to hear. When being tortured,
people tend to tell the torturers what they want to hear to the torture will end. If
you think getting info. in that manner is iron clad, I got some swamp land for sale.

And, is RM so off base in saying celebrating anyone's death is not cool?
I don't know. I think that could be considered higher-level thinking that
being blood hungry. And, you want to hate on this guy but the Bush
family is in bed with his family. Nope, not some wild theory, it is FACT.
They make millions together.

So before you want to ship Mendy out, consider the whole picture and
not just our corporate-controlled media tells us. Just on a side note,
guess who owns the only news sources on the planet, you know, like
where our news channels and papers get their news? Look into that.

Before you want to hate on Mendy, ask yourself what the truth is.

OBL was a CIA asset, when daddy Bush was chief of CIA. Bush family is
best friends with the very same family OBL came from - not some distant
cousin or something, but one of their sons.

Mendy is probably closer to being on target then the average person who
just buys whatever mainstream media tells them, like sheep. And, it is
supposed to be a free country. He is allowed to speak his mind whether
you agree or not. That is what this country was founded on.

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
First of all, he's not entirely wrong. We _do_ only hear from one
side. Did you know? OBL released a valid (many of the vids they
showed us were total fakes and not BL at all, and it was beyond
obvious) tape where he said he had nothing to do with the attacks,
but the govt. would not allow that tape to be heard, claiming there
could be secret messages in it that would cause more attacks.
However, they didn't feel that way when showing the obvious fake
tapes with a supposed confession, with the guys in the tapes obviously
not being the real OBL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZq_4PIbnhI

Coloring beards is against his religion. So we are to think he is so religious
that he follows it to kill people, but not so into it that he colors his beard and trims
it? As if. Look at the dude in that picture. It doesn't even look like him.

And then this video. Please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41UAnkQARFs

So, a guy dying of kidney failure bulked up by 40 pounds?
His nose go much thicker, why? He switched from being a lefty to righty? Huh? He
is now wearing gold, which is against his religion?

BL has stated, specifically he had nothing to do with it OR any foreknowledge
of it. The FBI never even charged him of those attacks. Never. Why? Lack
of evidence. As a matter of fact, there has never been a single piece of evidence
that link him to those attacks. Not one. Not one piece of paper. Not one computer
file. Nothing. Oh wait, they got dudes who they tortured to admit to stuff. But torture
is inadmissible if both US and international courts for a reason: Torturing people
for into only gets you info of what the torturers want to hear. When being tortured,
people tend to tell the torturers what they want to hear to the torture will end. If
you think getting info. in that manner is iron clad, I got some swamp land for sale.

And, is RM so off base in saying celebrating anyone's death is not cool?
I don't know. I think that could be considered higher-level thinking that
being blood hungry. And, you want to hate on this guy but the Bush
family is in bed with his family. Nope, not some wild theory, it is FACT.
They make millions together.

So before you want to ship Mendy out, consider the whole picture and
not just our corporate-controlled media tells us. Just on a side note,
guess who owns the only news sources on the planet, you know, like
where our news channels and papers get their news? Look into that.

Before you want to hate on Mendy, ask yourself what the truth is.

OBL was a CIA asset, when daddy Bush was chief of CIA. Bush family is
best friends with the very same family OBL came from - not some distant
cousin or something, but one of their sons.

Mendy is probably closer to being on target then the average person who
just buys whatever mainstream media tells them, like sheep. And, it is
supposed to be a free country. He is allowed to speak his mind whether
you agree or not. That is what this country was founded on.

And where are you getting your "facts?"

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 01:16 PM

And then there are those that are just too far gone to bother with. :noidea:

harts
05-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I still agree with his Parallels to slavery comments - he is dead on about that
and I agree in not celebrating death

But the man killed a lot of people
He had to go.

Justice was served -

I would not be dancing in the streets but America needed this - They danced when they killed us

I see what he is trying to say but the majority of people don't think as deep as he does.

In time he will learn how to better utilize his thoughts and other ways of implementing what he is trying to do

words are powerful - but actions can change things silently

Watch your knees this year Rashard some NFL players will not look kindly on this one

SouthTexasSteel
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Truther... :banging:

The "Daddy Bush" quote gave it away!!

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 01:26 PM
And then there are those that are just too far gone to bother with. :noidea:

Yeah, these guys are a dime a dozen.

Curtain_of_Steel
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Gonna need a RB soon. Lucky for us we will be a pass first team soon, lol

Just when you think he can't say anything more dumb than the last remark. Out comes this comment.

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Got it - there are no moral absolutes, only oposing points of view

Not exactly. I believe there is a moral truth - the one to which I subscribe. But with about 7 billion people on the planet and about almost as many moralities deciding which morality will be the absolute one is kind of difficult.

ETL
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Rashard,

Are all people who graduate from Niles East and U of Illinois this stupid? No, calling him stupid would be an insult to all the stupid people out there.

I can't root for this guy. If a Baltimore Raven said what Mendenhall said - we would so be on his a55. Just be a Steeler said it doesn't change a thing.

I want Tomlin to give his guy the ball and for us to use him until he breaks down and then throw his a55 away.

meelanova
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah... that!! I too am a 21 year AF Vet.. The whole reason I joined the military is to defend the freedoms that give people like Rashard the right to make stupid comments about people celebrating the death of a total jackass!!

IMHO, his tweets show a complete lack of understanding about what kind of enemy we are up against.

We all have some idiot in our family tree somewhere that is completely clueless, the Steeler Nation is no different.

Agreed.

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
The Muslim extremists have no desire to live in peace with us. Their only goal is to destroy us and our way of life. So what would you have us do, sit around and wait for it to happen? :noidea:

Here's an interesting article about it. What Islamic Terrorist Threat
(http://reason.com/archives/2011/02/15/what-islamist-terrorist-threat)

I agree that they don't like us. But there's debate about whether they hate the west and want to kill us because of that, or if they want to kill us because of our presence in the east. Either way, they hardly posed much of a risk at the current time. Arguments could be made that our pursuit of Bin Laden, thus increasing our presence in the middle east and increasing animosities, actually made us less safe. Either way, they hardly had the capacity to strike again.

ETL
05-03-2011, 02:11 PM
for all you "free speech" people out there - IS THERE ANYTHING THAT MENDENHALL CAN SAY THAT YOU FEEL SHOULD GET HIM REPRIMANDED OR IS ANYTHING OK?

Can he say that he believes in his heart that having sex with children is ok? Hey, the dude is only speaking his opinion? What's wrong with that? Its free speech right?

Can he say:

1. the Jews are making up the whole holocost thing. it really didn't happen
2. Osama wasn't responsible for the 9-11 massacre
3. dog fighting is an ok sport; they are just animals. we eat cows. what's wrong with having dogs fight
etc...

At what point do YOU DRAW THE LINE. And why do you draw the line there? All our soldiers died in countless wars so that he can talk his mind. right? He should be able to say anything he wants, right?

My point is that when you make the "free speech" argument - we are not saying that he should not be allowed to say what he wants to say. He can and he did. But he should understand that there are consequences to what he says and right now, I am of the opinion that he should be reprimanded.

I know he doesn't give a sh1t but it will be a long time (probably never) before I root for him. If he scores a TD - I'll be happy because the Steelers scored and if he makes plays to help the Steelers win - I'll be happy because the Steelers won. But to me, he will forever be a spoiled, idiotic imbecile who had the luck to be born with good genes for athleticism and be super lucky to be a Steeler.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
3. dog fighting is an ok sport; they are just animals. we eat cows. what's wrong with having dogs fight
etc...

He did actually kind of infer this haha. I think he definitely had the right to say these things...but he also has the right to understand the repercussions of saying such things.

thumper
05-03-2011, 02:23 PM

What facts would you like?

Everything I asserted can be backed with facts, but won't be
found in the mainstream media. But that doesn't make the
facts untrue.

Name it.

Do you believe it was really OBL in the videos the govt. gave
to the media? If so, you have to believe he gained 40 pounds,
his nose changed shape and dimensions, he switched to
being right handed, he forwent practicing his religious beliefs,
including wearing gold and coloring his beard. Is that what
you are going to go with?

Or, are you refusing to understand that the Bush and BL families
were in business together? Look up The Carlyle Group and get
back to me.

It's funny how so many operate so afraid in life that they don't even
want to seek the truth. It's very sad. Thank God I don't live with
my head in the sand.

Mendy is apparently more intelligent than most in this thread.

Did you know granddaddy Bush, HW's dad, was found guilty of
war crimes because he was assisting and doing business
with the Nazis during WWII? Or is that another fact that you will scoff at
without realizing it is a proven fact?

Go back to watching Fox News and just buy every piece of bull shit
that they peddle every day, and keep your brain turned off - just what
they want you to do.

It's pathetic when people just buy lie after lie. But then again, I was
a clueless sheep when I lived in Western PA as well, so what can
I say?

Try to use independent thought, seriously. Ask yourself if what
you are being told even makes sense. You might learn something.

kirklandrules
05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
ETL, the benefit of Free Speech is to allow the rest of use to pick on and insult the morons of our society. Mendy got to exercise his free speech and I will exercise mine right now by calling him a dip sh!t that obviously had his brains knocked out along with the ball during that infamous Super Bowl fumble. Makes me feel like a proud American when I think that some young man shed his blood in Iwo Jima so i could call Mendy a dip sh!t when he spews garbage.

CargoJon
05-03-2011, 02:33 PM

facts untrue.

Name it.

back to me.

my head in the sand.

they want you to do.

I say?

http://myiq2xu.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ali2.jpg

thumper
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
ETL, the benefit of Free Speech is to allow the rest of use to pick on and insult the morons of our society. Mendy got to exercise his free speech and I will exercise mine right now by calling him a dip sh!t that obviously had his brains knocked out along with the ball during that infamous Super Bowl fumble. Makes me feel like a proud American when I think that some young man shed his blood in Iwo Jima so i could call Mendy a dip sh!t when he spews garbage.

So you offer ad hominem attacks, the lowest form of discussion and debate
known to mankind. OK. If that's how you want to roll, that is up to you.

Now, if we wanted to deal with substance, logic and reason, that would
have to take a different direction.

Look at the initial photo the media was claiming was a dead BL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DywpYUgPQMo

It was such an obvious fake that it has since been retracted from all
media sources. Why did they show it in the first place if it was a fake?
They get busted for it and just move on acting like they never asserted
this was a recent pic of him being dead, mean while it was such an
obvious fake.

thumper
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
http://myiq2xu.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ali2.jpg

http://www.yahindnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/sheep.jpg

Zzzzzzzzz. 2 can play the photo game. You are ___ so ___ convincing
with the 2nd-grade ad hominem tactics. Way to go.

austinfrench76
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't care what Mendenhall thinks but:

Bin Laden represented an organization that murdered innocent people. Once you say that statement out loud, where can you go from there?? The guy LOVED being the face of that murderous organization. Where else can you go from there??

So, the mainstream media and Bush made everything else up - the 1st 2 statements I made ARE true and factual. F$#@ him and his BS. And yes, he is absolutely aloud to say what he said and I am absolutely aloud to dislike him for it.

THERE, I am the ignorant one Rashard...the 13 million dollar slave.

thumper
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
for all you "free speech" people out there - IS THERE ANYTHING THAT MENDENHALL CAN SAY THAT YOU FEEL SHOULD GET HIM REPRIMANDED OR IS ANYTHING OK?

Can he say that he believes in his heart that having sex with children is ok? Hey, the dude is only speaking his opinion? What's wrong with that? Its free speech right?

Can he say:

etc...

At what point do YOU DRAW THE LINE. And why do you draw the line there? All our soldiers died in countless wars so that he can talk his mind. right? He should be able to say anything he wants, right?

My point is that when you make the "free speech" argument - we are not saying that he should not be allowed to say what he wants to say. He can and he did. But he should understand that there are consequences to what he says and right now, I am of the opinion that he should be reprimanded.

I know he doesn't give a sh1t but it will be a long time (probably never) before I root for him. If he scores a TD - I'll be happy because the Steelers scored and if he makes plays to help the Steelers win - I'll be happy because the Steelers won. But to me, he will forever be a spoiled, idiotic imbecile who had the luck to be born with good genes for athleticism and be super lucky to be a Steeler.

Meanwhile, Mendy is showcasing far more intellect than most of you.

Should one be proud to be a duped patsy? Is that something that
one should cherish? Or, should one not be embarrassed of being
a duped fool, buying whatever the controlled-media has to offer?

Really, you need to brush up on the writings of the Founding Fathers
to get your heads straight. I was once a duped patsy when I lived
in PA as well.

kirklandrules
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
So you offer ad hominem attacks, the lowest form of discussion and debate
known to mankind. OK. If that's how you want to roll, that is up to you.

Now, if we wanted to deal with substance, logic and reason, that would
have to take a different direction.

Look at the initial photo the media was claiming was a dead BL.

It was such an obvious fake that it has since been retracted from all
media sources. Why did they show it in the first place if it was a fake?
They get busted for it and just move on acting like they never asserted
this was a recent pic of him being dead, mean while it was such an
obvious fake.

I don't care about photos. I understand the comments Mendy made about judging others, but damn, he's really gotta stop tweeting when he's smoking dope .. obviously he hasn't learned from Tone. BL is dead plain and simple. If he's not, he will release a video within a week laughing about how stupid Americans are to believe a false claim. But that won't happen because he's busy feeding the clams at the bottom of the sea.

Sixburgher
05-03-2011, 03:02 PM

:rolleyes:

"Women are some of the most SELFISH creatures I know!"

"Going down on your man IS optional. It's either gonna be you OR some other chick."

"Women, if you don't #respect your man someone else will."

Real enlightened stuff there. Only thing missing is "Bitch, get me a beer!"

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Not exactly. I believe there is a moral truth - the one to which I subscribe. But with about 7 billion people on the planet and about almost as many moralities deciding which morality will be the absolute one is kind of difficult.

Want to make clear i am not attempting to disrespect your point of view - we just come at this issue from different perspectives (which is part of what you note above)

:drink:

Given the complexity of these issues, probably not wise of Mendenhall to attempt to communicate his views through a medium such as twitter that by its very design limits observations to sound bites

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I was planning to move to western PA in a month (no kidding). But not now, I'm going to join thumper in the land of the enlightened so I too can be privy to all the secrets that our government keeps to make sure we, the little people, stay inn our constant state of dupedness. Then I too shall throw out terms such as "the Founding Fathers" for no apparent reason, but I'll be smarter than all of you so it won't matter.

Nevermind the massive number of people it would take to pull off some of the great conspiracies of which I will inform you all once I have arrived in "the land of the knowing." Everyone knows that if there's one thing people are good at, it's keeping a secret.

Now don't go following me to Ivegotitallfiguredoutville like a bunch of sheep. Beause, honestly, if we all knew the truth, what would be the point?

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know who "Tim Osman" is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBIthwLN0iI

cloppbeast
05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Given the complexity of these issues, probably not wise of Mendenhall to attempt to communicate his views through a medium such as twitter that by its very design limits observations to sound bites

On this we can certainly agree. Although I would never use one's opinion as a reason for animosity, whether I agree or disagree, these comments were extremely stupid by Mendenhall. I don't think this was a TO moment for him in that he wasn't calling out for attention. On the contrary, I think he's probably surprised by all the attention he's getting. It just wasn't well thought out.

rangerman
05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
i wonder if this will become a holmes 2.0

JPPT1974
05-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Sadly tell that to those poor families and friends of those 3K people that lost their lives. :( And that are poor remarks in poor taste. He is a great player true. But those are poor remarks in very bad taste. Rashard needs to grow up, big time!

thumper
05-03-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't care what Mendenhall thinks but:

Bin Laden represented an organization that murdered innocent people. Once you say that statement out loud, where can you go from there?? The guy LOVED being the face of that murderous organization. Where else can you go from there??

Logic 101. If A is true (him being a proud face of a murderous org)
than does that automatically make B true? (i.e. His true involvement
in nine 1 one.) Logic dictates that the answer is "no."

So, the mainstream media and Bush made everything else up - the 1st 2 statements I made ARE true and factual. F$#@ him and his BS. And yes, he is absolutely aloud to say what he said and I am absolutely aloud to dislike him for it.

You absolutely have that right. As does he to question a story
that is so obviously not truthful. Some other facts for us to consider:

- BL was a CIA asset, especially back when HW was CIA director.

- BL and Bush family have made millions together, and are totally in bed with
each other. Undeniable FACT.

- The supposed confession tapes are obviously not the real BL making
those supposed confessions.

- There is not a single shred of evidence that proves BL had anything
to do with 9 one one. Not a single sheet of paper, not a single computer
file, nothing.

- The entire body of evidence is fake tapes of people other than BL
making statements and info. that was created from torturing people.
Sheikh M. was waterboarded 100s of times. I could get you to admit
anything I wanted if I waterboarded you for years and years. You
name it, I can get you to admit to it.

- We are to believe guys from caves with box cutters were able to make
NORAD stand down? Only Cheney was in charge of ordering NORAD
that day, which was never the case before that day, and is now once
again not the case again - i.e. only military commanders can make the
call on standing down, etc. They changed that parameter before that
day and then switched the control back to DoD after it. Why was this
done?

thumper
05-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I was planning to move to western PA in a month (no kidding). But not now, I'm going to join thumper in the land of the enlightened so I too can be privy to all the secrets that our government keeps to make sure we, the little people, stay inn our constant state of dupedness. Then I too shall throw out terms such as "the Founding Fathers" for no apparent reason, but I'll be smarter than all of you so it won't matter.

Nevermind the massive number of people it would take to pull off some of the great conspiracies of which I will inform you all once I have arrived in "the land of the knowing." Everyone knows that if there's one thing people are good at, it's keeping a secret.

Now don't go following me to Ivegotitallfiguredoutville like a bunch of sheep. Beause, honestly, if we all knew the truth, what would be the point?

That is super that you get it instead of living like a sheep and being
fed lies that you cannot juxtapose with the truth. Congratulations. Living
without applying independent thought is not a life worth living. Never
turn off your brain and just buy what Rush and Fox News spews at you.
God gave you a brain; use it.

thumper
05-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Sadly tell that to those poor families and friends of those 3K people that lost their lives. :( And that are poor remarks in poor taste. He is a great player true. But those are poor remarks in very bad taste. Rashard needs to grow up, big time!

Maybe his view that to blindly trust the govt. - that
has clearly been overtook by cartels - and their partners in all
mainstream media - that is in bad taste. Who is actually operating
in more truth than the other? Is it not a disservice to all those who
perished to falsely accuse someone without legit evidence? Is that
not a far more distasteful chain of events? If I were family
members of someone who perished that day, I would want there
to be a legit drive towards discovering the truth instead of blindly
trusting govt. and the govt-controlled media. Who is operating
within poor taste again? What legit evidence do we have re: BL's
actual involvement in this? What have they offered that would stand
up in a court of law where cross examination would be allowed?

thumper
05-03-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't care about photos. I understand the comments Mendy made about judging others, but damn, he's really gotta stop tweeting when he's smoking dope .. obviously he hasn't learned from Tone. BL is dead plain and simple. If he's not, he will release a video within a week laughing about how stupid Americans are to believe a false claim. But that won't happen because he's busy feeding the clams at the bottom of the sea.

He's been dead for a decade. Tossing an empty casket over the
side of a ship hardly proves jack shit.

Edit: It might not have been empty. It could have had the thawed out
body of BL that they've been sitting on for 10 years - that certainly
could be possible.

ETL
05-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Should one be proud to be a duped patsy? Is that something that
one should cherish? Or, should one not be embarrassed of being
a duped fool, buying whatever the controlled-media has to offer? .

Thumper,

Tell me what you believe in and specifically why you were not "duped" in what you believe.

I know people like you and they have a word - "Schizo-paranoid" - look it up in the DSM categories. Also, people like you believe that you are the "holder of the knowledge" - yes - only you are the smart enough to know the truth...

The real truth is that you are a pathetic loser who has nothing better to assign self worth to yourself except this delusion that you are the only one who knows whats going on.

Please take the meds that you were prescribed and STFU.

thumper
05-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I would not be dancing in the streets but America needed this - They danced when they killed us

Who is "they?" The agents of Mossad? They were dancing on the roof top
and taping the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X63CQ-dXkwU

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 05:12 PM

facts untrue.

Name it.

back to me.

my head in the sand.

they want you to do.

I say?

How about YOU supply the links to your supposed facts.

I'm not a mindless sheep, nor am I a crazed paranoid conspiracy theorist. Can we agree to stop slinging mud? Even if there is truth in your statements, you lose any credibility when you resort to personal attacks.

It's quite obvious that you are as anti-Bush a person as exists on this planet. However, I find it laughable that you can sit on your horse and claim that there exists not one shred of evidence placing any 9/11 culpability at OBL's feet. Prove it. Or link it.

Heck, if you want to play this game...prove to me that OBL is dead. Maybe this was some elaborate hoax to elevate Obama's ratings heading toward the 9/11 remembrance & the upcoming election cycle? Or maybe the Bush family helped fake his death & he's actually living comfortably on a ranch in Texas?

thumper
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Thumper,

Tell me what you believe in and specifically why you were not "duped" in what you believe.

You mean you want me to list every single thing that I believe
to be true in all of life? That is going to take a lot longer than I have
time for. Let me start with a partial list.

- I believe the earth revolves around the sun.
- I believe it human nature for those in power to seek more power.
- I believe the majority of the people are duped into believing things
based on what they see on the news, without applying independent thought.
(Hint, this might be you.)
- I believe in evolution.
- I believe that water is wet and fire is hot.
- I believe the sun is not to be stared at without filtering.
- I believe the fulcrums the Founding Fathers set to hold tyranny at bay
have been mostly smashed and thwarted by the cartels, including true
freedom of the press, which is a bulwark of true liberty and freedom.

How is that for a start?

I know people like you and they have a word - "Schizo-paranoid" - look it up in the DSM categories. Also, people like you believe that you are the "holder of the knowledge" - yes - only you are the smart enough to know the truth...

You think I am alone in my understanding of the truth. Sorry to inform
you but there are 100s of millions who are like-minded. I am hardly
unique in this understanding. 50% of all of NY city believe the govt. was
lying to us about nine 11. 1/2 of everyone there didn't believe the story at
face value. So, your attempt to pigeon hole me as in some vast minority
is invalid and easily disputed.

http://www.zogby.com/news/2004/08/30/half-of-new-yorkers-believe-us-leaders-had-foreknowledge-of-impending-9-11-attacks-and-consciously-f/

The real truth is that you are a pathetic loser who has nothing better to assign self worth to yourself except this delusion that you are the only one who knows whats going on.

Please take the meds that you were prescribed and STFU.

Can you grasp that ad hominem attacks are the weakest form
of argument or debate? By placing yourself at that level you have
ensured that you are operating from the lowest possible form of
debate, meaning FAIL.

Name calling without any assertions based in fact and logic would get
you kicked off the debate team and cause you to receive an F in class.
In other word, your ad hominem attacks prove nothing other than the
low level from which you attempt to prove a point. FAIL.

Now, when you want to come back with some modicum of intelligent
discussion - well - it would be welcomed and appreciated.

Did you buy this at face value? Don't you feel embarrassed now?

MattsMe
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow...

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Osama's family gave me two rabbits as a present, says 12-year-old neighbour

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23946299-osamas-family-gave-me-two-rabbits-as-a-present-says-12-year-old-neighbour.do

Such a nice man

If Mendy starts tweeting again (he has gone silent) maybe he can cite this to back up his contention there is the "other side"

Sixburgher
05-03-2011, 06:26 PM
A poll sponsored by "911truth.org." No bias in that poll, I'm sure. No leading questions or anything. Yet everyone else is the "sheep." Priceless.

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:36 PM
A poll sponsored by "911truth.org." No bias in that poll, I'm sure. No leading questions or anything. Yet everyone else is the "sheep." Priceless.

It's a Zogby poll, and their reputation is flawless. Try again. FAIL

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Osama's family gave me two rabbits as a present, says 12-year-old neighbour

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23946299-osamas-family-gave-me-two-rabbits-as-a-present-says-12-year-old-neighbour.do

Such a nice man

If Mendy starts tweeting again (he has gone silent) maybe he can cite this to back up his contention there is the "other side"

Weird that this country is founded on a fair trail where you get
to present your defense yet some how, with this convoluted WOT,
all of that no longer applies. Just wait until they treat American
citizens without those principles this country was founded on.
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you: Loss of habeas corpus.
We have to just "trust" that our govt. is operating clean. Good luck
with THAT!

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
How about YOU supply the links to your supposed facts.

I have been all along. Please pay better attention.

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:42 PM
:rolleyes:

"Women are some of the most SELFISH creatures I know!"

"Going down on your man IS optional. It's either gonna be you OR some other chick."

"Women, if you don't #respect your man someone else will."

Real enlightened stuff there. Only thing missing is "Bitch, get me a beer!"

Umm, it is spot on for the world he lives in. Stop trying to force
everyone to only see the world through your distorted vision.

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 06:46 PM

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know who "Tim Osman" is?

You mean this dude? Wasn't he best friends with our CIA, et al?

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/binladen_cia.html

And let's not forget this fun fact that the media no longer wants
to mention. I wonder why?

http://www.uni-muenster.de/PeaCon/global-texte/g-notes/BinLaden-Carlyle.htm

The Bush-BL connection is a known fact. But the sheep will just bury their
heads in order to avoid truths that can't co-exist with their pre-fab and carefully
constructed version of reality - i.e. not reality at all. But if it's own Fox News it
must be true! :sofunny:

SteelerFanInATL
05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
http://burgh.us/4m3

Here's exactly what he said: @R_Mendenhall

What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side....

What does everyone else think about this? Was he right? Was he wrong? :noidea:

I DON'T NEED TO HEAR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. ONLY HEARD ONE SIDE.....SO THERE IS AN ACCEPTABLE REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD PLAN THE EVENTS OF 9/11?????

SFC CONNER
US ARMY (RET)

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Thumper, I know it hard to understand this... but your intelligence level far surpasses the dumbed down morons of our current society. They cannot distinguish between attacking the message and attacking the messenger.

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Who exactly was Osama Bin Laden? All you morons know is what has been spoon fed to you by the Lame Stream Media... THINK FOR YOURSELVES!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBIthwLN0iI

thumper
05-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I DON'T NEED TO HEAR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. ONLY HEARD ONE SIDE.....SO THERE IS AN ACCEPTABLE REASON WHY SOMEONE WOULD PLAN THE EVENTS OF 9/11?????

SFC CONNER
US ARMY (RET)

You are making wild assumptions. There is no credible
evidence he had anything to do with it, nor any prior
knowledge to it, although there is plenty of strong evidence
that others did, who had far great connections and more
powerful motives. BL's own religion - and we can all agree
he was a religious man - says attacking civilians is totally
against their beliefs. I find it mind-blowing that so many
make such great assumptions backed by virtually no evidence.

If the govt. and media tells you that the moon is made of cheese,
will you believe that too, without any proof?

It's that bizarre.

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 06:58 PM

Any response to him at this point is the same as aspiring for more baseless, inane drivel. I find it as entertaining as anyone, but I'm pretty sure all we are doing is sending him deeper into the inescapable abyss of loonydom.

I actually thought the rest of us had a pretty interesting discussion going. It had nothing to do with football, but how long can we really talk about the draft. On a topic as polarizing as this it would be a rarity to find two people with the exact same viewpoint. That's what made it interesting. Too bad we got railroaded by the guy who watched Capricorn 1 way too many times.

Lol. Anyone who gets that is old.

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 06:59 PM
All you gullible fools who partied into the night with the belief we "got Bin Lade" LOL You seriously need to wake up before its too late!! There is gonna be a hurtin put on us for all the harm we are doing worldwide... its simply a matter of time. We are well on our way towards WWIII http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtdLakrAXdQ&feature=uploademail

thumper
05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Who exactly was Osama Bin Laden? All you morons know is what has been spoon fed to you by the Lame Stream Media... THINK FOR YOURSELVES!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBIthwLN0iI

Interesting vid. For those not using independent thought, in the context of
logic and reason, I literally feel sorry for you. Is ignorance bliss? In a way,
but I'd rather actually know the truth.

He was a CIA asset. FACT. There is no evidence that he has been alive
for 10 years or so.

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
You are making wild assumptions. There is no credible
evidence he had anything to do with it, nor any prior
knowledge to it, although there is plenty of strong evidence
that others did, who had far great connections and more
powerful motives. BL's own religion - and we can all agree
he was a religious man - says attacking civilians is totally
against their beliefs. I find it mind-blowing that so many
make such great assumptions backed by virtually no evidence.

If the govt. and media tells you that the moon is made of cheese,
will you believe that too, without any proof?

It's that bizarre.

Interesting, on the FBI's most wanted list, OBL was NOT wanted in connection with 9/11. Hmmm, why is that? http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/usama-bin-laden

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 07:13 PM

WOOHOO! Multiple accounts are awesome! Someone to always agree with you and you can really let your schizo flag fly.:tt02::tt02:

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 07:17 PM
WOOHOO! Multiple accounts are awesome! Someone to always agree with you and you can really let your schizo flag fly.:tt02::tt02:

Multiple accounts? What two people cant have similar opinions?

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Multiple accounts? What two people cant have similar opinions?

The odds of another batshit crazy conspiracy theorist happening to show in the middle of thumper's hijacking of this thread are just too astronomical to believe.

So the answer is no. Not possible. Wasn't even a good try. Should have mixed up the vocabulary a little. Not very smart, thumper. And you were so close to having me convinced.

thumper
05-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Any response to him at this point is the same as aspiring for more baseless, inane drivel. I find it as entertaining as anyone, but I'm pretty sure all we are doing is sending him deeper into the inescapable abyss of loonydom.

I actually thought the rest of us had a pretty interesting discussion going. It had nothing to do with football, but how long can we really talk about the draft. On a topic as polarizing as this it would be a rarity to find two people with the exact same viewpoint. That's what made it interesting. Too bad we got railroaded by the guy who watched Capricorn 1 way too many times.

Capricorn 1 was just on the other night. Very dated but a
pretty cool plot. But unlike this stuff, just a fictional story.

IamMeanJoe
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
The odds of another batshit crazy conspiracy theorist happening to show in the middle of thumper's hijacking of this thread are just too astronomical to believe.

So the answer is no. Not possible. Wasn't even a good try. Should have mixed up the vocabulary a little. Not very smart, thumper. And you were so close to having me convinced.

Thumper hijacked thread?? Is that the best YOU can do? By the way its not called conspiracy theorist, its called truth!

thumper
05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Right on cue: Anyone who agrees is just me with another account. Of course,
the mods could tell you otherwise, but I won't hold my breath waiting for them
to do so. But, I will state it 100% emphatically. Mean Joe and I are not the same
person or poster. You can take that to the bank.

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Weird that this country is founded on a fair trail where you get
to present your defense yet some how, with this convoluted WOT,
all of that no longer applies. Just wait until they treat American
citizens without those principles this country was founded on.
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you: Loss of habeas corpus.
We have to just "trust" that our govt. is operating clean. Good luck
with THAT!

So you are responding to my link to the story of the rabbits with your response above because the rabbits should have received a trial before being sentenced to a life of servitude as pets for the 12 year old neighbor?:noidea:

But FWIW if you want to read an explanation as to the justification for the execution of Osama without a trial you may (or may not) want to check this link out

What Was the Legal Basis for the Bin Laden Strike?

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2011/05/what-was-the-legal-basis-for-the-bin-laden-strike.html

I know - these are all post hoc justifications by attorneys who are puppets of our oppressors but nevertheless laws are structured to fit the times - e.g. - Honest Abe Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus and told the Supreme Court to buzz off when Chief Justice Taney told him to cut it out
http://www.slate.com/id/2059132/

Lady Steel
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
So you are responding to my link to the story of the rabbits with your response above because the rabbits should have received a trial before being sentenced to a life of servitude as pets for the 12 year old neighbor?:noidea:

:sofunny:

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 08:15 PM
I have been all along. Please pay better attention.

You've been posting Youtube links...hardly a worthy source. These videos you are linking to are more conspiracy propaganda that angry anti-government survivalist types like yourself subscribe to. These are unofficial propaganda pieces written, produced, and edited by those with an agenda.

As for your Zogby poll...just because 50% of NY's believe that the government consciously failed to act, doesn't mean that they are right. A Zogby poll prior to Magellan's trip around the world would have "proven" that the world was indeed flat.

FAIL

Atlanta Dan
05-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Whatís on Osama Bin Ladenís Computer?

http://images.nymag.com/images/2/daily/2011/05/03_binladencomp_560x375.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/05/whats_on_osama_bin_ladens_comp.html

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
:chuckle::chuckle:

Well there you have it. Straight from the horses computer. He was totally not dead.

So much for the empty casket in the sea theory. Sorry, Iamthumperjoe.

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Thumper, I know it hard to understand this... but your intelligence level far surpasses the dumbed down morons of our current society. They cannot distinguish between attacking the message and attacking the messenger.

Wow...please tell me this is a joke...

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Interesting vid. For those not using independent thought, in the context of
logic and reason, I literally feel sorry for you. Is ignorance bliss? In a way,
but I'd rather actually know the truth.

He was a CIA asset. FACT. There is no evidence that he has been alive
for 10 years or so.

Okay...where is the evidence that he wasn't?

SteeleReign
05-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Nice catch! :thumbsup:

Sixburgher
05-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Too bad we got railroaded by the guy who watched Capricorn 1 way too many times.

Guilty. "The Juice" as an astronaut. LOL

mikegrimey
05-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Hahahahahhahahajjajaj Thumper is a truther
Hilarious. Truthers typically call everyone else sheep while irOnically falling blindly into logicless logic that has been discredited.

Anyway I'll get back tO this thread later, there is some good discussion in here.

But namely I am cOncerned that some people are
Comparing the US mulitary with al-Qaida

A comparisOn couldn't be more faulty
While the US military has done some disgraceful things in OIF and OEF they are by far aberrations (like the kill teams in
Afghanistan or Abu ghraib) instead of the rule
By and large our military has tried extensively to establish good relations with the local populace. Al-Qaida operates by threatening and enforcing extreme Islamic dracOnian law

That is the rule not an exception

rangerman
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
god you guys crack me up

bubbletownwr88
05-03-2011, 09:11 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/fosho87/1188664955302ay0.gif

KingsOfTheGridiron
05-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Thumper the truther, I love how you describe "facts" with your opinions and youtube videos. Priceless.

In regards to Mendenhall,

I really wouldn't care if I ever saw him carry the football again for the Steelers. I keep hearing from people like Ed Bouchette calling him a very intelligent human being and then I read his twitter posts and say to myself.... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

In my opinion, he's a terrible person for posting these brainless, inappropriate, and flat out disrespectful comments. It's bad enough he speaks about women that way, but then you have the whole NFL players are modern day slaves situation and now the 9/11 comments.

I'll never cheer for Rashard again. If that makes me less of a Steelers fan, fine. I don't care.

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Guilty. "The Juice" as an astronaut. LOL

Yay OJ! That was some atrocious acting, but I didn't know that back then.

The thing that kills me about these conspiracy guys is they never give up. No matter how much time goes by or how badly their theories get shot to hell, they seem to remain convinced. Anybody who spends time around a group of people everyday knows that the only secrets you can keep are the ones you never tell anyone. Yet these guys believe that hundreds, even thousands of people have all been tight lipped about (insert goofball theory here) for years and years. Not a single person ever comes out and says "Yes, I was involved in this." Not even for multimillion $$$ book and movie deals. Yet we are the nonthinking, less intelligent followers of the big bad government. Yes politicians, whom we all know find it very easy to keep the things they are involved in on the down low. Lol.

Sixburgher
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Yay OJ! That was some atrocious acting, but I didn't know that back then.

The thing that kills me about these conspiracy guys is they never give up. No matter how much time goes by or how badly their theories get shot to hell, they seem to remain convinced. Anybody who spends time around a group of people everyday knows that the only secrets you can keep are the ones you never tell anyone. Yet these guys believe that hundreds, even thousands of people have all been tight lipped about (insert goofball theory here) for years and years. Not a single person ever comes out and says "Yes, I was involved in this." Not even for multimillion $$$ book and movie deals. Yet we are the nonthinking, less intelligent followers of the big bad government. Yes politicians, whom we all know find it very easy to keep the things they are involved in on the down low. Lol.

Ever see "Cocaine and Blue Eyes?" Even more terrible acting by OJ. :rofl:

I agree completely. At this point I'm treating the guy as a troll and have therefore stopped responding. Hopefully enough folks will do the same and he'll get bored and leave.

finesward
05-03-2011, 09:51 PM
lol @ the whats on bin laden's computer

Every season of "The Wire"

priceless! Me an osama got something in common!

As far as all the conspiracy stuff.... Nowadays there are sources and proof on both sides, finding out what really happened will never happen. I agree there are waaaaaaayyyyy too many shady things about all of it to just swallow what the govt has put out there in the media, but in the same way I'm not going to swallow everything that was put out by loose change or zeitgeist.

Thumper, my guess would be your a recent college grad or still in college with some fairly high intelligence trying to make sense of it all. Just understand your trying to convince guys, who are retired military vets, that all their years of service, the entirety of who they are and self image has been one big lie. No one would ever go along with that because someone on a steelers message board posted some youtube vids and logic (along with some sheeple name calling) Even if you are 100% right about everything, no one would ever completely wake up and suddenly agree with you. I agree with you on one simple aspect...that today critical thinking is a skill that is being phased out. I don't know why and don't pretend to, but I work in the education field and see it at all age groups. Some college professor buddies of mine are dumbstruck as to how many kids entering college today have zero ability to use their brains. Maybe it's the darn interwebs making every problem a google search away from a solution :noidea:

davidtrout
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Ever see "Cocaine and Blue Eyes?" Even more terrible acting by OJ. :rofl:

I agree completely. At this point I'm treating the guy as a troll and have therefore stopped responding. Hopefully enough folks will do the same and he'll get bored and leave.

Cocaine and blue eyes!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

OJ was the star of that masterpiece. Awesome movie, in the most craptastic way.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with his first statement at all.

While I went around lighting off all the Blackcats I had left and cracking jokes about sending my regards to Allah and the 72 virgins, I started to wonder if celebrating the death of another human being was really the path I wanted to go down.

In the end, I am glad justice was done, but I do not celebrate the fact we had to kill somebody by sneaking into their house in the middle of the night and shooting them up in front of their family.. I am not that big a fan of the fact we are about to parade pictures around on the world wide web portraying all the gruesome details of head-shot wounds and how they really look (it isn't like in your video games).

Didn't we used to criticize middle easterners for carrying the carcasses of our murdered soldiers around on the street and covering themselves in the blood in their orgy of destruction and civil unrest?

What a barbaric practice....now we are about to commit our own internet barbarism by proudly displaying his bloodied carcass for all the little gore geeks and SAW I-VI fans out there to jerk off to?

They DNA tested the remains and identified it as a 99.99% probability of being Osama Bin laden. He was positively identified by sight and facial scan. Al-Queda are already calling for revenge, which is not possible if he was still alive. The government wouldn't make such a bold announcement without almost 100% certainity they are correct, for fear of being made into GIGANTIC clowns later when he turns up again.

That's good enough for me. I am glad his azz is gone, glad they dumped his sh!t in the lake where none of his sand-locked asshole followers can make a shrine out of him. Glad as hell our guys played it smart, and can now implicate Pakistan if they so desire (with all that information they dug up in his hideout, I am sure the Pakistanis were involved at some level), and can use that as some pretty heavy leveraging in future dealings with Islamabad.

But I am not going to dance around and scream for joy when I get to see the smashed remains of some unidentifiable skull with brains oozing out the back, because

THAT IS NOT JUSTICE, THAT IS REVENGE, AND MAKES US NO BETTER THAN OUR CAVE-DWELLING ENEMIES.

As for Rashard and his conspiracy theories, I don't even want to get into that one-- I have to argue this one every evening with my subversive, extreme left-leaning, gun-fanatic shift partner. He is convinced that he CIA got the hijackers their visas and trained them and set the whole thing up. The planes didn't bring the buildings down-- bombs our government planted did.....it was all a huge scam to put us at war with Iraq to take their oil.

Of course, if we did not go to Iraq, we would be paying $10 a gallon at the pumps, and his ass would be complaining about that instead. but again, I am not going into that fiasco here.....

Rashard's obviously a philosophical one and a deep thinker, but he has not yet realized that not everything in life can be figured out by thinking about it-- you end up believing in whacky conspiracy theories that most of us have the common sense to disregard. He's just young and naive.

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
What are implying?
i'll answer your question with a question....

what would jesus do ??? :scratchchin:

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999 !!! :jammin:

ricardisimo
05-04-2011, 01:22 AM
i'll answer your question with a question....

what would jesus do ??? :scratchchin:

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999 !!! :jammin:
I'm sure Jesus would have droped nukes, that's the way Christians are. Rashard's clearly in the wrong religion if he thinks it's inappropriate to celebrate murder. The entire point to Christianity is celebrating murder... normally Christ's, but if not, then whoever our official enemies may happen to be.

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm sure Jesus would have droped nukes, that's the way Christians are. Rashard's clearly in the wrong religion if he thinks it's inappropriate to celebrate murder. The entire point to Christianity is celebrating murder... normally Christ's, but if not, then whoever our official enemies may happen to be.

Wow...you sound just about as insensitive as Rashard. Christian don't celebrate murder. Jesus was about justice, not vengeance. The difference lies in the intent. Jesus would not have celebrated OBL's death & therefore, nor should we. However, that doesn't mean we can't find some relief in the knowledge that justice has been served.

ebsteelers
05-04-2011, 09:23 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/fosho87/1188664955302ay0.gif

lmao, thats hilarious

ebsteelers
05-04-2011, 09:26 AM
can't we all just get along steeler fans???

no one is ever going to completely agree on the issue, but i guess when its may and theres not much else going on this is something to banter about

Steelerfreak58
05-04-2011, 10:38 AM
He just needs to shut up and learn how to hold on to a football.

MasterOfPuppets
05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Wow...you sound just about as insensitive as Rashard. Christian don't celebrate murder. Jesus was about justice, not vengeance. The difference lies in the intent. Jesus would not have celebrated OBL's death & therefore, nor should we. However, that doesn't mean we can't find some relief in the knowledge that justice has been served.
:shout: BINGO !!! .....love thy enemy....turn the other cheek....blah, blah, blah

so perhaps mendenhall is talking from a REAL christian point of view , unlike the "christians" that were celebrating and are blasting him for his statement.

Hayeksheroes
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Imagine if Ben tweeted something about his lineman and the "N". What if he pulled a Shockey and made a derogatory comment about gays? What would the outcry be? Ben would be suspended by the league. The Rooneys would terminate his contract and no other team would touch him. He would be vilified in press and hated by the American people.

I feel the same way about Mendenhall's comments. They were extremely offensive to people who suffered on 9/11. They were offensive for every American who gives a damn about this country. I find it unconscionable the condoners on this site who are defending him. Please. I don't like PC and every one says something stupid.

Mendenhall must apologize to the American people or else quit the team.

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 11:27 AM
:shout: BINGO !!! .....love thy enemy....turn the other cheek....blah, blah, blah

so perhaps mendenhall is talking from a REAL christian point of view , unlike the "christians" that were celebrating and are blasting him for his statement.

You seem to have a distaste for Christians. Being a Christian does not make one perfect, nor does it give them a right to judge or condemn others. It's a way of living one's life.

A Christian, a Muslim, Catholic, Atheist, or Antagonist all face the same human pressures and temptations. If any Christian claims himself to be better than another human then they are not acting in accordance with Christ's teachings.

Now, back to Mendy...he's wrong for saying what he said in the way he said it. OBL got what he had coming to him. Although I am a Christian, I am glad that justice was served. And Rashard needs to shut his face.

I think that is common ground, is it not?

davidtrout
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
You seem to have a distaste for Christians. Being a Christian does not make one perfect, nor does it give them a right to judge or condemn others. It's a way of living one's life.

A Christian, a Muslim, Catholic, Atheist, or Antagonist all face the same human pressures and temptations. If any Christian claims himself to be better than another human then they are not acting in accordance with Christ's teachings.

Now, back to Mendy...he's wrong for saying what he said in the way he said it. OBL got what he had coming to him. Although I am a Christian, I am glad that justice was served. And Rashard needs to shut his face.

I think that is common ground, is it not?

I know you meant agnostic, but I swear, if antagonist was a religion, I'd sign up today.:flap:

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I know you meant agnostic, but I swear, if antagonist was a religion, I'd sign up today.:flap:

Lol! You're right, I did mean Agnostic. And, now that you mention it, I think my kids have joined the Antagonistic Church!

cloppbeast
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Imagine if Ben tweeted something about his lineman and the "N". What if he pulled a Shockey and made a derogatory comment about gays? What would the outcry be? Ben would be suspended by the league. The Rooneys would terminate his contract and no other team would touch him. He would be vilified in press and hated by the American people.

I feel the same way about Mendenhall's comments. They were extremely offensive to people who suffered on 9/11. They were offensive for every American who gives a damn about this country. I find it unconscionable the condoners on this site who are defending him. Please. I don't like PC and every one says something stupid.

Mendenhall must apologize to the American people or else quit the team.

Your comparison misses the mark in my opinion. Using slurrs is offessive to an entire group of people because it's a direct insult. Mendenhall did not insult anybody, he only stated a non-conventional opinion. I'm not surprised that there was a backlash from him voicing this particular opinion, but I don't understand. I could never be offended by a person's political opinion.

What I find ironic, is that everyone is talking about Mendenhall's comments, most everybody is extremely mad about it, but nobody cared just a few weeks ago when Kobe dropped a gay-slur on national television. Sure, Kobe got fined, but he didn't experience nearly the same consequence that Mendenhall is from the public.

There's really nothing anti-American about what he said if you sit down and read it line by line. He's basically moral-relativist, truther, who doesn't believe we should have killed OBL or rejoiced in it. I fail to understand what's offensive about that. :noidea: He didn't criticize anybody in our military; he didn't defend OBL; he didn't say anything against America. He has a difference of opinion.

kirklandrules
05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
he didn't defend OBL; he didn't say anything against America.

Hmmmm, I think he did both of these things. He said we haven't heard both sides of the story, only one side (implying we don't know what OBL had to say about the matter ... even though OBL made many videotaped statements calling for the death of all Americans). He also made the implications that disdained the idea of Americans cheering over his death. Guess we shouldn't feel satisfaction over the elimination of some of history's greatest evils ... no happiness over Hitler's death, Stalin's death, OBL, etc.

As a Christian, I'm not sad that OBL met his demise. I'm sad he decided to play Satan's minion and not use his talents for peaceful purposes.

lookitthaaat32
05-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Hmmmm, I think he did both of these things. He said we haven't heard both sides of the story, only one side (implying we don't know what OBL had to say about the matter ... even though OBL made many videotaped statements calling for the death of all Americans). He also made the implications that disdained the idea of Americans cheering over his death. Guess we shouldn't feel satisfaction over the elimination of some of history's greatest evils ... no happiness over Hitler's death, Stalin's death, OBL, etc.

As a Christian, I'm not sad that OBL met his demise. I'm sad he decided to play Satan's minion and not use his talents for peaceful purposes.

What videos?...you mean the fake ones that the government sent us? Just to clear things up OBL was reported dead in 2001 by fox news from lung complications. He was already a very very sick man. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

Also to make things more clear and something that was never reported to the media and left out....
http://www.infowars.com/inside-sources-bin-ladens-corpse-has-been-on-ice-for-nearly-a-decade/

O and just so all you know Obama announced he wont release any photos of bin ladens corpse...hmmmmm... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/us/politics/05binladen.html

but ill believe that they killed him, got DNA and tossed his ass in the ocean all in 24 hours just cuz thats what our government tells us...

God bless you media driven people...

Hayeksheroes
05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Your comparison misses the mark in my opinion. Using slurrs is offessive to an entire group of people because it's a direct insult. Mendenhall did not insult anybody, he only stated a non-conventional opinion. I'm not surprised that there was a backlash from him voicing this particular opinion, but I don't understand. I could never be offended by a person's political opinion.

What I find ironic, is that everyone is talking about Mendenhall's comments, most everybody is extremely mad about it, but nobody cared just a few weeks ago when Kobe dropped a gay-slur on national television. Sure, Kobe got fined, but he didn't experience nearly the same consequence that Mendenhall is from the public.

There's really nothing anti-American about what he said if you sit down and read it line by line. He's basically moral-relativist, truther, who doesn't believe we should have killed OBL or rejoiced in it. I fail to understand what's offensive about that. :noidea: He didn't criticize anybody in our military; he didn't defend OBL; he didn't say anything against America. He has a difference of opinion.

Yeah, I wonder if Mendenhall is a Holocaust denier too. Every American should take offense at what RM said. The attacks were directed at Americans.

thumper
05-04-2011, 02:37 PM
What videos?...you mean the fake ones that the government sent us? Just to clear things up OBL was reported dead in 2001 by fox news from lung complications. He was already a very very sick man. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

Also to make things more clear and something that was never reported to the media and left out....
http://www.infowars.com/inside-sources-bin-ladens-corpse-has-been-on-ice-for-nearly-a-decade/

O and just so all you know Obama announced he wont release any photos of bin ladens corpse...hmmmmm... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/us/politics/05binladen.html

but ill believe that they killed him, got DNA and tossed his ass in the ocean all in 24 hours just cuz thats what our government tells us...

Oh I see. Someone else who they will claim is an alias of mine.
Sweet. You are right on the $. You see thru their lies. Oh wait,
mainstream media is telling us stuff, so it must be true. The biggest
hoot of all, is where do the news feeds come from and who owns
the company who provides them? Check that out and ask if something doesn't stink.

Oh, they had to toss BL in the ocean immediately after killing him
b/c they are so worried about his religious beliefs, right? Who is
buying that one? And they have photos of him but don't want to
show us b/c they are too gross to look at.

It blows me away so many people are this duped, being played
for fools.

thumper
05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I wonder if Mendenhall is a Holocaust denier too. Every American should take offense at what RM said. The attacks were directed at Americans.

No they weren't. Are you on any medication? Serious question.

ebsteelers
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
MERRICCAAAA, **** yea

thumper
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Thumper the truther, I love how you describe "facts" with your opinions and youtube videos. Priceless.

In regards to Mendenhall,

I really wouldn't care if I ever saw him carry the football again for the Steelers. I keep hearing from people like Ed Bouchette calling him a very intelligent human being and then I read his twitter posts and say to myself.... whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

In my opinion, he's a terrible person for posting these brainless, inappropriate, and flat out disrespectful comments. It's bad enough he speaks about women that way, but then you have the whole NFL players are modern day slaves situation and now the 9/11 comments.

I'll never cheer for Rashard again. If that makes me less of a Steelers fan, fine. I don't care.

You have no clue in regards to what reality is. You just buy
all the garbage they spoon feed you instead of using independent
thought and think for yourself. And you will end up with what you
deserve for being so lazy.

thumper
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E5xArvC_dg

CoBHC247
05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Glad to see this forum isn't full of SHEEP. **** the media, and **** our lying, corrupt government. :) GO STEELERS! ;)

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 03:20 PM
:help:Oh I see. Someone else who they will claim is an alias of mine.
Sweet. You are right on the $. You see thru their lies. Oh wait,
mainstream media is telling us stuff, so it must be true. The biggest
hoot of all, is where do the news feeds come from and who owns
the company who provides them? Check that out and ask if something doesn't stink.

Oh, they had to toss BL in the ocean immediately after killing him
b/c they are so worried about his religious beliefs, right? Who is
buying that one? And they have photos of him but don't want to
show us b/c they are too gross to look at.

It blows me away so many people are this duped, being played
for fools.

So, what is it that you are insinuating? A massive inter-governmental conspiracy to do what? Your hatred of the Bush family is driving you to insanity. You're heading down the path toward the Cuckoos nest & it may be too late. Leave a trail of bread crumbs, we may be able to find you. :help:

CoBHC247
05-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Why not Steele?? Our government has lied to us for as long as there has been a government, lol.

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 03:34 PM
You have no clue in regards to what reality is. You just buy
all the garbage they spoon feed you instead of using independent
thought and think for yourself. And you will end up with what you
deserve for being so lazy.

Seriously, you sound like a snot-nosed punk college kid. Who exactly do you think you are to tell anyone who doesn't agree with you that they are unenlightened sheep who can't think for them-lazy-selves?!

I too am a college educated professional that doesn't live in Western PA. I'm working hard to send two kids to college. I pay a mortgage and two car payments & refuse to live on credit. I watch the news & have a healthy discernment for right & wrong. I haven't been spoon-fed anything by anyone since I was a toddler. I don't buy what I'm told just because the media or a person of authority tells me it is so. I've been a successful Sales Professional most of my adult life & have a highly capable Bull$hit detector.

So, please, save me your self-indulgent crap. If you choose to believe a bunch of propaganda that's your right. But, can you please climb down of your horse....carefully...'cuz it's waaaaay up there.....and let's try to stick to being Steelers fans & forget the politics.:drink:

davidtrout
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM
:help:

So, what is it that you are insinuating? A massive inter-governmental conspiracy to do what? Your hatred of the Bush family is driving you to insanity. You're heading down the path toward the Cuckoos nest & it may be too late. Leave a trail of bread crumbs, we may be able to find you. :help:

Lol :applaudit:

That's another thing I love about these nutjobs. They never let us in on what the endgame is. What is the master plan? World domination? Haven't we already done that? If we want to take over the entire planet we can. There isn't military anywhere that we couldn't crush. What is the force of pure evil aka the US gov't waiting for?

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Why not Steele?? Our government has lied to us for as long as there has been a government, lol.

Humans have been lying to each other since the beginning. Our government is no worse than any other & better than most, if not all others. What would be your alternative suggestion to our form of government? Somalia maybe? Communism? Aristocracy? Caste? For those of you with such a disdain for our government, can you please suggest a fix? I love it when I hear people complain, complain, complain, but offer no viable solutions or alternatives. What would you suggest to fix this horrible government we are subjected to?

Our government has built in checks and balances to prevent conspiracies of the highest order. Can they happen? Have they happened? Maybe, but as another poster said, the chances of a conspiracy of this magnitude not being exposed are so infinitesimal that it's laughable.

Considering the level of animosity within party politics I can assure you any misstep by a political authority is/will be fully investigated and exposed for political gain.

dtm911
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
dumb comments and he knows they were dumb cause he deleted

thats the problem athletes open their mouth without thinking

heres my video where i break down the deleted posts. give me some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps6NrzGkS2Q&feature=channel_video_title

Sixburgher
05-04-2011, 03:54 PM

That's another thing I love about these nutjobs. They never let us in on what the endgame is.

Not to mention their 15 separate user accounts they use to build a "consensus". LOL

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM

That's another thing I love about these nutjobs. They never let us in on what the endgame is. What is the master plan? World domination? Haven't we already done that? If we want to take over the entire planet we can. There isn't military anywhere that we couldn't crush. What is the force of pure evil aka the US gov't waiting for?

These are people that are so dissatisfied with their lives that they need to create alternate realities to live in. The idea that there is someone out to get them & a monster around every corner gives them purpose. They feed off each other & perpetuate the lies. Sad really. :noidea:

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Not to mention their 15 separate user accounts they use to build a "consensus". LOL

Lol...yep...or maybe thumper is suffering from MPD and each personality has their own account. That's slightly less pathetic, though a tad scary. :cya:

kirklandrules
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM

O.k. so your note on Fox News reporting OBL dead back in 2001 has a little flaw in it. Here's the first paragraph from that article: "Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader". Basically, Fox News was reporting that our sworn enemies, who our troops have consistently slaughtered on the battlefield, were telling us we should stop looking for OBL. Nice try, but they obviously didn't fool the USA.

I really can't respond to your infowars.com link. That site is just too nutty for me to get into a debate over. Wow. :screwy:

But keep working on your conspiracies. Do you think we caught Saddam, or was that just a bunch of lies by our government? I remember a bunch of people saying that was a hoax, but somehow he found himself swinging on the wrong end of a rope.

cloppbeast
05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Every American should take offense at what RM said. The attacks were directed at Americans.

Assertions are not arguments. My points stand as you've said nothing to counter them.

cloppbeast
05-04-2011, 05:23 PM
He said we haven't heard both sides of the story, only one side (implying we don't know what OBL had to say about the matter ... even though OBL made many videotaped statements calling for the death of all Americans).

Judging by some of his other comments, he seems to be a truther; he doesn't necessarily believe that it was OBL in the video. I happen to think such a stance is crazy - nobody really knows, though - but it is not offensive. The only people who should find that offensive would be member's of Bush's cabinet.

He also made the implications that disdained the idea of Americans cheering over his death. Guess we shouldn't feel satisfaction over the elimination of some of history's greatest evils ... no happiness over Hitler's death, Stalin's death, OBL, etc.

He feels that god is the ultimate and only judge. That's his opinion. Again, I don't see why that's offensive.

Atlanta Dan
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Hopefully Mendenhall now will realize that nobody really gives a f**k what he or any other player thinks about anything unrelated to how the Steelers are playing

Good points by Don Banks of SI.com

Mendenhall just the latest NFL player to spout utter nonsense

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

What exactly is it these days with certain NFL players and their penchant for never having an unexpressed thought? I get it that Twitter has made us all eminently capable of falling into the speak-first, think-later trap, but NFL players really have spewed an impressive amount of utter nonsense in recent months.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/05/04/mendenhall/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a1

davidtrout
05-04-2011, 06:29 PM
It occurs to me that in all the fun I've been having in this thread, I haven't given my opinion on Mendy's comments. So here it is.

He's 23. While the rest of his body has reached full maturity, the mind takes a whole lot longer. I'm on the plus side of 40 and very grateful that I can't be held to the fire for the things I said, thought, or did when I was 23.

It's not as if he is in a position where his thoughts and opinions could do any harm to anyone, as opposed to a federal judge, senator, etc. He's just a kid that plays football. I don't agree with him and although his opinions may anger or disappoint me, I would never condemn a 23 yard old merely for his thoughts.

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 07:35 PM
It occurs to me that in all the fun I've been having in this thread, I haven't given my opinion on Mendy's comments. So here it is.

He's 23. While the rest of his body has reached full maturity, the mind takes a whole lot longer. I'm on the plus side of 40 and very grateful that I can't be held to the fire for the things I said, thought, or did when I was 23.

It's not as if he is in a position where his thoughts and opinions could do any harm to anyone, as opposed to a federal judge, senator, etc. He's just a kid that plays football. I don't agree with him and although his opinions may anger or disappoint me, I would never condemn a 23 yard old merely for his thoughts.

Well said, and I agree with you. God forbid my family know some of the things I did or said at that age...I can't imagine how much trouble Twitter or Facebook would have caused me 20 years ago.

ebsteelers
05-05-2011, 08:18 AM
im 22 gonna be 23 soon, when i heard mendy was only 23 i almost shit, for some reason i thought he was at least mid/upper twenties. maybe its the fact that hes in the nfl, and im use to nfl guys being older then me..

SteeleReign
05-05-2011, 11:39 AM
im 22 gonna be 23 soon, when i heard mendy was only 23 i almost shit, for some reason i thought he was at least mid/upper twenties. maybe its the fact that hes in the nfl, and im use to nfl guys being older then me..

Hmmm.....could be because Mendy LOOKS like he's 50.

thumper
05-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Hmmm.....could be because Mendy LOOKS like he's 50.

Yea most 50-year olds have giant ripped arms and thighs
like an Olympic sprinter. What, because his eyes bug out
he looks 50? I don't see it.

thumper
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Hopefully Mendenhall now will realize that nobody really gives a f**k what he or any other player thinks about anything unrelated to how the Steelers are playing

Good points by Don Banks of SI.com

Mendenhall just the latest NFL player to spout utter nonsense

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

What exactly is it these days with certain NFL players and their penchant for never having an unexpressed thought? I get it that Twitter has made us all eminently capable of falling into the speak-first, think-later trap, but NFL players really have spewed an impressive amount of utter nonsense in recent months.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/05/04/mendenhall/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a1

I got an idea. As as far as I know, no one was forced to follow RM on twitter
that I know of. Until the media crapped his pants on it, no one would even
know what his thoughts were. You don't like his stuff, don''t pay attention
to it. Whoopity dooo. That was so hard to do.

SteeleReign
05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Yea most 50-year olds have giant ripped arms and thighs
like an Olympic sprinter. What, because his eyes bug out
he looks 50? I don't see it.

No, just his general facial appearance. He just looks "older" to me. Who said anything about his eyes?

thumper
05-05-2011, 02:36 PM
No, just his general facial appearance. He just looks "older" to me. Who said anything about his eyes?

Well, I just didn't know what physical features made him look like
he was 50; the only trait I could think of that was unusual was his
eyes. When I look at someone, I don't just look at their face only -
I look at their total person. And I haven't seem many 50-year olds
who looked liked RM, with his massive, ripped arms, slim waist
with massive legs. Just doesn't look like any 50-year old I know.

finesward
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Humans have been lying to each other since the beginning. Our government is no worse than any other & better than most, if not all others. What would be your alternative suggestion to our form of government? Somalia maybe? Communism? Aristocracy? Caste? For those of you with such a disdain for our government, can you please suggest a fix? I love it when I hear people complain, complain, complain, but offer no viable solutions or alternatives. What would you suggest to fix this horrible government we are subjected to?

Our government has built in checks and balances to prevent conspiracies of the highest order. Can they happen? Have they happened? Maybe, but as another poster said, the chances of a conspiracy of this magnitude not being exposed are so infinitesimal that it's laughable.

Considering the level of animosity within party politics I can assure you any misstep by a political authority is/will be fully investigated and exposed for political gain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

:noidea: