PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting sick of this Crap!

Deserei90
05-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Ever since Rashard Mendenhall started to tweet about his opinions on twitter. People been blaming the Steelers, Us fans and Pittsburgh for what he said. It's like they think we had something to do with it, and it's pissing me off. Is it really necessary to take us all down with him, Because of what he said?? Oh and Calling us terrorist supporters is the ever popular thing on twitter to us fans:doh::doh:. Sometimes I wish Rashard never even found twitter.His opinions is giving us and the steelers more bad rep. As if we needed more. Yeah, he's entitled to his own opinion, but I wish he wouldn't have said anything about it. The Big Ben situation last year was enough.

austinfrench76
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
AMEN!!!!!

Bubbabanjo
05-04-2011, 12:04 AM
He is entitled to his opinion...and we are entitled to call him an idiot for it.

There should be a unanimous YOU STINK from all Steeler fans for this. So where is this chowder head to say "I didnt mean that......I meant this". You cant show sympathy for Bin Laden, Hitler , or any other monster and not get a crap barrage.

He deserves it. He better get a PR rep to straighten this out FAST!!! And then shut his Bin Laden lovin yap and play ball.

Bubbabanjo
05-04-2011, 12:07 AM
A nice start would be a......"Man I really screwed up......didnt mean that......and I am making a nice donation to the Wounded Warriors Fund".

Then take that I-phone of his and stick it where the sun doesnt shine till camp.

ricardisimo
05-04-2011, 02:38 AM
You need to find new friends if they're "blaming you" for anything a member of the Steelers has done.

Deserei90
05-04-2011, 02:45 AM
You need to find new friends if they're "blaming you" for anything a member of the Steelers has done.There not necessarily blaming me, what I meant is, they are "Blaming" Steelernation for liking the steelers, because Mendenhall playes for them and they think he's a supporter of Bin Laden. Which I have no idea why they say that, but My guess is they are just doing it, because they hate the team. Then some stupid person went on and said. If you like the Steelers your a terrorist supporter. You know stupid stuff like that. lol

Fire Arians
05-04-2011, 03:12 AM
media is blowing his comments way out of proportion. he was just trying to say he didn't believe in celebrating death, and that he believed god was the only true judge.

ebsteelers
05-04-2011, 10:11 AM
jealous brings hate.... so anything they can find to hate, they will.

GO STEELERS!

steeltheone
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Just more moronic talk from one of our players to bring more bad publicity to the Steelers....Starting to get old

thumper
05-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Ever since Rashard Mendenhall started to tweet about his opinions on twitter. People been blaming the Steelers, Us fans and Pittsburgh for what he said. It's like they think we had something to do with it, and it's pissing me off. Is it really necessary to take us all down with him, Because of what he said?? Oh and Calling us terrorist supporters is the ever popular thing on twitter to us fans:doh::doh:. Sometimes I wish Rashard never even found twitter.His opinions is giving us and the steelers more bad rep. As if we needed more. Yeah, he's entitled to his own opinion, but I wish he wouldn't have said anything about it. The Big Ben situation last year was enough.

Are you insane? NO ONE has claimed his comments reflect
on the Steelers. I haven't seen a single person, media source,et
al, make such a claim. Maybe we should have the govt. tell us
all what we are allowed to think and say. Would you like that better?

thumper
05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
media is blowing his comments way out of proportion. he was just trying to say he didn't believe in celebrating death, and that he believed god was the only true judge.

No, he went further saying he didn't believe the govt. story about 911
and that planes crashing into buildings would not cause the buildings
to come down exactly as they would if they were imploded with demolition
etc. But he is hardly alone in that thinking. Thousands of experts agree
with him on that take.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Engineers know a lot more about this than any person on this board.

jmott4385
05-05-2011, 01:58 PM
I think rashard is a crappy fit for the steelers. the guy is a panzy from day 1. he always turns his back instead of hitting people head on. Id rather see Redman as our starter. I like when guys on our team keep their mouths shut and keep our organization classy.

thumper
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I think rashard is a crappy fit for the steelers. the guy is a panzy from day 1. he always turns his back instead of hitting people head on. Id rather see Redman as our starter. I like when guys on our team keep their mouths shut and keep our organization classy.

I don't totally disagree with this. Last year, he seemed to finally start
running hard, like I thought he would all along. I hate that he pauses
so much and takes stutter steps and spins far to often. If he would
just use his God-given talent to just run hard more often, he'd be
a better back. I thought he showed more of that down the stretch
last year. But I have always thought he ran too soft for my tastes. I
just don't consider him a beast, which it appeared he was coming out
of college.

Who would I take over RM if I had the chance?

Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson (only for a season tho, b/c he has lots of miles of wear), Frank Gore (same as Jackson), LeGarrette Blount (Pgh was foolish not to pursue this guy, especially after TN cut him), Ahmad Bradshaw (most underrated RB in NFL), Ray Rice (I knew this kid was going to be s stud when he was still at Rutgers. Maybe Forte too.

55BaileyFan
05-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson (only for a season tho, b/c he has lots of miles of wear), Frank Gore (same as Jackson), LeGarrette Blount (Pgh was foolish not to pursue this guy, especially after TN cut him), Ahmad Bradshaw (most underrated RB in NFL), Ray Rice (I knew this kid was going to be s stud when he was still at Rutgers. Maybe Forte too.[/QUOTE]

Foster could very well be a one hit wonder, Slaton did the same for the Texans (almost 1300 as a rookie and just over 500 since) MJD I can't argue with, I'm still not sold on Charles or McFadden. Can't argue with Turner, Johnson or Peterson. Blount has more issues than Mendy, Bradshaw can't hold onto the damn ball (fumbles twice as much as Mendy) and Ray Rice is a dick. HAHAHA

PhantomJB93
05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Im getting sick of people's crap towards Rashard too. What he said was ridiculous and un-American and all that, but people are acting like he freaking commited a felony or something. It's unbelievable how many people over the last week Ive seen say they want him cut or traded, if you want him gone for THAT, for ONE TWEET, you are an idiot.

People are acting like he stuck by it too, he apologized in a lengthy blog post like a day later and clarified everything. Seriously. This is so overblown. I get that we want to keep a nice image but nobody's even going to remember this a month from now, he hasn't done anywhere NEAR enough damage to warrant being cut or traded.

It's not like he's Mewelde Moore or Willie Parker or some old back at the end of his career who wasn't that great to begin with either, he's a young, first round draft pick who can do it all and has a rare combination of finesse and power. He's not some scrub who can just be replaced. He's a franchise running back with only two seasons under his belt. Sure, Redman lookks good when he gets 5-10 carries a game and nobody gameplans for him, but if we were to cut him I'd like to see some of you crying for him back when you see what Redman gets us with 30 carries a game. He's a serviceable back, but if you think they're on the same level you're nuts.

thumper
05-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Foster could very well be a one hit wonder, Slaton did the same for the Texans (almost 1300 as a rookie and just over 500 since) MJD I can't argue with, I'm still not sold on Charles or McFadden. Can't argue with Turner, Johnson or Peterson. Blount has more issues than Mendy, Bradshaw can't hold onto the damn ball (fumbles twice as much as Mendy) and Ray Rice is a dick. HAHAHA

Blount's issues were all pre-NFL from what I know. He hasn't had
any issues since he's been out of college. I love the way he runs - angry.
He would have been the perfect fit in Pgh. Can you imagine Blount
rushing the rock late in games after the opposing D was worn down
on stopping RM? Blount would wreck Ds.

PhantomJB93
05-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't totally disagree with this. Last year, he seemed to finally start
running hard, like I thought he would all along. I hate that he pauses
so much and takes stutter steps and spins far to often. If he would
just use his God-given talent to just run hard more often, he'd be
a better back. I thought he showed more of that down the stretch
last year. But I have always thought he ran too soft for my tastes. I
just don't consider him a beast, which it appeared he was coming out
of college.

Who would I take over RM if I had the chance?

Arian Foster, Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Adrian Peterson, Michael Turner, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson (only for a season tho, b/c he has lots of miles of wear), Frank Gore (same as Jackson), LeGarrette Blount (Pgh was foolish not to pursue this guy, especially after TN cut him), Ahmad Bradshaw (most underrated RB in NFL), Ray Rice (I knew this kid was going to be s stud when he was still at Rutgers. Maybe Forte too.

Ill give you Peterson, Chris Johnson, MJD, Charles, Sjax, Gore, and Turner.

Foster at this point is a one-year wonder, he needs to prove himself. Mcfadden is also, except he also sucked for 2 years with the job and is one-dimensional; he's all speed and finesse, little power.

Ray Rice is debateable but Rashard is more consistent and brings a more versatile skillset to the table.

Forte, no.

LOL at Blount and Bradshaw, that made you lose all credibility. You're clearly someone who looks at fantasy stats for your football knowledge and no nothing about the actual game.

55BaileyFan
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Blount's issues were all pre-NFL from what I know. He hasn't had
any issues since he's been out of college. I love the way he runs - angry.
He would have been the perfect fit in Pgh. Can you imagine Blount
rushing the rock late in games after the opposing D was worn down
on stopping RM? Blount would wreck Ds.

I think that the Burgh could get that angry style run from someone like Henry Hynoski and you don't get the issues still.

55BaileyFan
05-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Im getting sick of people's crap towards Rashard too. What he said was ridiculous and un-American and all that, but people are acting like he freaking commited a felony or something. It's unbelievable how many people over the last week Ive seen say they want him cut or traded, if you want him gone for THAT, for ONE TWEET, you are an idiot.

People are acting like he stuck by it too, he apologized in a lengthy blog post like a day later and clarified everything. Seriously. This is so overblown. I get that we want to keep a nice image but nobody's even going to remember this a month from now, he hasn't done anywhere NEAR enough damage to warrant being cut or traded.

It's not like he's Mewelde Moore or Willie Parker or some old back at the end of his career who wasn't that great to begin with either, he's a young, first round draft pick who can do it all and has a rare combination of finesse and power. He's not some scrub who can just be replaced. He's a franchise running back with only two seasons under his belt. Sure, Redman lookks good when he gets 5-10 carries a game and nobody gameplans for him, but if we were to cut him I'd like to see some of you crying for him back when you see what Redman gets us with 30 carries a game. He's a serviceable back, but if you think they're on the same level you're nuts.

First, he didn't stick to it because it was costing him money and it was going to cause some issues with his future. Second, he can be replaced. Everyone in this league is except that upper 10% of players...and he is not in that percent. No one ever heard of Willie Parker and then BOOM. I remember when fans were pissed he made the roster instead of Dante Brown.

I'm not trying to be difficult or an ass but there is a much different attitude from Steeler fans and from the Burgh Steeler fans. I don't know where you guys are all from but being from the Burgh, the Steelers are about much more than winning. They represent the city and people that inhabit it.

If you think that saying things and doing off the things don't matter because you perform on the field...then your wrong. The Steelers are about model citizens and great football players. Since our creation we have done things this way and we always will. Pittsburgh made an exception with Ben but sacrificed Holmes and we were fine and they will let others go if they feel they need to.

The thing we pride ourselves on in the Burgh is hard work and football. We don't like to be embarrassed by either.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-10-2011, 04:30 PM
People are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over-reacting to Mendenhall's comments, IMHO.

So....he is saying that celebrating someone else's death, is wrong -- TRUE. We should be glad to have such a moral character on our team that is able to look past all the TV hype and see the truth. Be glad justice was done, no need to celebrate someone getting their head blown off (otherwise, what makes us better than our enemies whom we condemned for celebrating on 9/11?)

Then.....he went on, and expressed a PERSONAL OPINION about how 9/11 happened. Last I checked, everyone has a few of those (opinions), and they are COMPLETELY protected by the U.S. Constitution. It isn't like he is the only one who believes this either...

I failed to read anywhere in his Tweets, the part where he said he supports Osama Bin Laden, or where he says Al-Queda are our friends.

Folks need to grow up and realize that with 12 billion people in the world, we do not all share the same mentality or opinions.

I don't agree with the 9/11 Conspiracy wackos, but I definitely understand that they have a right to believe that, if they so choose.

There is a world of difference between agreeing with someone's opinion, and agreeing that they have a right to have that opinion and express it as they like. I can't believe there are actually Steelers fans who want him to be cut from the team for excercising his 1st Ammendment Rights.....pretty sad.

HAWK
05-10-2011, 06:49 PM

I understand where you're coming from. And I disagree with Mendy's comments.

However...

Who gives two shits what anyone thinks? Especially on Twitter or Facebook where anyone using mommy's broadband connection can spew their opinions left and right. People always have been to sensitive, but the "social networking" craze we now live in has just made it more so.

harts
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
please
everyone hates the steelers
If it wasnt Mendy it would be Ben
If it wasnt Ben it would be the Hines Ward thing

Mendy was the worst but what else are we gonna talk about it
We are in a lockout

C'mon Man

kirklandrules
05-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Mendy has the freedom to express his opinions. He did that. Most people thought that his opinions sucked. His largest endorsement just got up and left his table. Going forward, he'll learn to vet his opinions with a close inner circle (insert agent's name here) before sending anything out to the general public.

See? Capitalism does work! :wink02:

55BaileyFan
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Hines said it best. Everyone may be entitled to their opinion but when you express it like this, your teammates have to answer for it as well.