PDA

View Full Version : Mendy didn't take long!!!

MDSteel15
05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6478438

Bubbabanjo
05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Good job..................case closed.

Much better.

Steelers>NFL
05-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I never had any issue with what he said or meant in the first place.
I for one did not jump to the wrong conclusion.
But it is good that he clarified what he meant.

Fire Arians
05-04-2011, 02:46 PM
i told you guys it was a media overreaction big time. i guess the sheep just like to follow the herd though.

fujirama24
05-04-2011, 02:52 PM
He had 12 million reasons to take it back. This guy is a goof. I am not rooting for him anymore. The tickets I have to the games this year if he is on the team I will burn them.

MDSteel15
05-04-2011, 03:04 PM
No, you won't... :coffee:

ETL
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM
He's still a piece of shite in my view ... Mostly because I can feel the arrogance oozing from his comments. He thinks he is soooooo smart and soooooo noble while us peons who celebrated the death of a monster are crude and unrefined.

If P.O.S. Mendenhall is truly smart, he would cancel his twatter account

CoBHC247
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
For ****s sake people, get off the dudes back. THIS IS ****ING AMERICA, HE HAS "FREEDOM" OF SPEECH! Goddamn hypocrites. He's entitled to his own goddamn opinion. The real terrorists are in OUR OWN government/Big Business/Banks. Not some dirty bastard in a cave, (who we funded and trained by THE ****ING WAY). Both buildings demolition style, and building 7 demolition style, sorry but I agree with Mendenhall. If you really believe that we killed Osama the other day, you're being played. "Buried at sea" HAAAA yeah ****in right.

fer522
05-04-2011, 04:40 PM
He had 12 million reasons to take it back. This guy is a goof. I am not rooting for him anymore. The tickets I have to the games this year if he is on the team I will burn them

he'll be on the team that's for sure so...can i have the tickets :wave:

Wallace108
05-04-2011, 04:50 PM
For ****s sake people, get off the dudes back. THIS IS ****ING AMERICA, HE HAS "FREEDOM" OF SPEECH!
And we don't? :noidea:

Goddamn hypocrites. He's entitled to his own goddamn opinion.
And we're not? :noidea:

The real terrorists are in OUR OWN government/Big Business/Banks. Not some dirty bastard in a cave, (who we funded and trained by THE ****ING WAY). Both buildings demolition style, and building 7 demolition style, sorry but I agree with Mendenhall. If you really believe that we killed Osama the other day, you're being played. "Buried at sea" HAAAA yeah ****in right.
Oh :doh: You're one of Thumper's "friends." :chuckle:

kirklandrules
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
And we don't? :noidea:

And we're not? :noidea:

Oh :doh: You're one of Thumper's "friends." :chuckle:

You ever get the feeling some of these crackpots would do themselves good if they got a job and put their mind to work? Living in your parents' basement when you're in your 40's and surfing the Net for conspiracies just isn't healthy.

rangerman
05-04-2011, 05:13 PM
what did you call me lol jk

ETL
05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
For ****s sake people, get off the dudes back. THIS IS ****ING AMERICA, HE HAS "FREEDOM" OF SPEECH! Goddamn hypocrites. He's entitled to his own goddamn opinion. The real terrorists are in OUR OWN government/Big Business/Banks. Not some dirty bastard in a cave, (who we funded and trained by THE ****ING WAY). Both buildings demolition style, and building 7 demolition style, sorry but I agree with Mendenhall. If you really believe that we killed Osama the other day, you're being played. "Buried at sea" HAAAA yeah ****in right.

Go take your meds and STFU!

SteeleReign
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Thumper? Is that you?

Steelerfreak58
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
He just needs to shut the hell up and hold on to the football...

davidtrout
05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Thumper? Is that you?

Hehe. Of course not. How could you think such a thing?

By the way, this isn't me. It's someone else. I promise. Really.

steeltheone
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Agreed.....

Bubbabanjo
05-04-2011, 06:46 PM

Mendy did the right thing. Man made a mistake. Apologized. I accept. Good man. Thanks brother....I can respect ya again.

You on the other hand.......I hope you get scrote cancer. You puke. Go watch the Niners. SanFran is the home for you..................................... you scum!!!

Atlanta Dan
05-04-2011, 06:46 PM

:thumbsup:

bubbletownwr88
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
BUBBBBBBBAAAABBBUUUBBBANJOOOOOO!!!!!

Fire Arians
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
He had 12 million reasons to take it back. This guy is a goof. I am not rooting for him anymore. The tickets I have to the games this year if he is on the team I will burn them.

don't just burn em, sell em to me for $5 lol

harrison'samonster
05-04-2011, 07:46 PM

yeah, I also completely agree.

He doesn't realize that he's not having a conversation. He keeps leaving these ridiculous statements out there with no context, it makes him sound like an idiot.

ebsteelers
05-05-2011, 09:21 AM
don't just burn em, sell em to me for $5 lol

ill split em with you $2.5 a piece.

ebsteelers
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
and people talking about getting rid of mendy (well thats just silly), we didnt get rid of ben when he was accused of his issues. why would we get rid of mendy for freedom of speech?

harts
05-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Now he realizes trying to "enlighten" people is a waste of time
He is a deep dude
unfortunately his constituency is not deep at all

therefore:
Shutup and play ball
Make money to pay for things you believe in and have those people speak for you.

pete74
05-15-2011, 06:23 AM
and people talking about getting rid of mendy (well thats just silly), we didnt get rid of ben when he was accused of his issues. why would we get rid of mendy for freedom of speech?

i would trade him in a second if we could land a 1st rounder for him but that wont happen

steeltheone
05-15-2011, 07:56 AM
i would trade him in a second if we could land a 1st rounder for him but that wont happen

I agree 100%...At this point he is just good....Good backs are easy to come by....I hope he makes that next step and makes me eat my words...

55BaileyFan
05-15-2011, 08:14 AM
The thing that has shocked me is that most of his teamates, while they have his back and said he shouldn't have opened his mouth. Ryan Clark was the first, Hines Ward has said it and Ike Taylor just said it. Hines said it best though...when you say stuff like that your teamates have to answer questions about it.

I think it just black eyes the organization.

fart
05-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't think Mendy is being attacked because he voiced his opinion. Moreso, that is opinion is a ridiculous one. Establishing himself as an ill-informed "truther" and saying "we've only heard one side", you're bound to be "elightened" by others.

Twitter is a stupid device but that doesn't mean you have to utilize it to voice your own stupidity.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Some of you make me extremely disapointed to be a Steelers fan.

So.....you want to trade away a descent RB just because he doesn't share your political views? I thought we had this thing called "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" in this country? You are going to sell your season tickets because ONE GUY OUT OF 53 DOES NOT SHARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS? REALLY? Are you that intolerant and bigotted that it absolutely chaps your ass that someone in America who is doing better than you doesn't necessarily share ALL of your political views?

I think some members of Steeler Nation are just now realizing for the first time that we aren't all carbon copy android clones in America, and they don't like it.....why does the far right always have such a problem accepting the fact that NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN THE SAME THINGS AS YOU (well....then again, the far right still hasn't gotten over the fact that our President has a funny sounding foreign name, instead of some Anglicanized name like "John Smith" or "Jack Jones"-- FOX News was just talking about how his name sounds Muslim, almost 2 years following his election for the umpteenth time).

If you want to sell your season tix over such a petty issue, please email me-- I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-16-2011, 02:53 PM

= INTOLERANCE

I realize that there are probably quite a few Steelers players who are Rush Limbaugh fans and hardcore conservatives. I realize there are probably quite a few Steelers fans that are liberals. That doesn't bother me-- this world would be extremely boring if we all dressed the same, thought the same, and believed in the same things.

Why do some always have such problems with this simple aspect of life: EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, and that is no reason to lose sleep over.

I guess from now on, we better ask Kevin Colbert to interview the players more closely to make sure we only draft Republicans/Tea partiers. God forbid if we get a black sheep in there somewhere.....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-16-2011, 03:15 PM
For ****s sake people, get off the dudes back. THIS IS ****ING AMERICA, HE HAS "FREEDOM" OF SPEECH! Goddamn hypocrites. He's entitled to his own goddamn opinion.

Agree with you on this part.

The real terrorists are in OUR OWN government/Big Business/Banks.

Or maybe the same subversive thinking that led fools to think our government did 9/11, led you to think that the banks are your enemy.

Is it no surprise that common folk always hate the financial sector and perceive misdeeds where there are none? Can we say, "eat the rich"?

Not some dirty bastard in a cave

A dirty bastard in a cave that freely admitted to planning, coordinating, and making 9/11 happen..... You might have something if the guy said "I didn't do it, the U.S. Government did it!", but he has been admitting guilt since the beginning....

(who we funded and trained by THE ****ING WAY).

America trained, armed, and funded the Taliban back in the 1980's to combat the Soviet occupation by proxy. Nobody in the 1980's could have known that he would take that same training and turn it against us. I am sure all the liberals like you knew, huh? (hint, hint: sarcasm).

Both buildings demolition style, and building 7 demolition style

Both buildings came down due to stresses from the crash and the heat that melted the main supports to the buildings. Folks like you have been saying since day 1 that steel does not soften under the heat produced by such a flame, but you must have failed to look into the U.S.S. Forrestal incident back in the 1970's when JP5 jet fuel burned its way down through 2 to 3 decks worth of hardened Navy ship hull......

Building 7 came down as a result of the damage done when the first two towers ame down. The supports on the WTC facing side were knocked out and the building became unstable, which is why the structural engineers evacuated Bulding 7 before it went down-- they could see it leaning and about to fail.

but I agree with Mendenhall. If you really believe that we killed Osama the other day, you're being played. "Buried at sea" HAAAA yeah ****in right.

If you believe that the President of the U.S. would get on TV and say we killed someone when we actually didn't (and risk looking the fool when Bin Laden turns up in a couple years i the Sudan or something), you're being played.

"Buried at sea" was the best thing to do with a potential martyr like Bin Laden. It gives his followers no place to enshrine or celebrate, it gave nobody in a position to complain any time to complain, and they DO have his DNA. It was Bin Laden. He is dead.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Furthermore, if you think the same government that:

* took 11 years to find a single fugitive
* could not get away with imprisoning a few POWs in Gitmo and Abu Gharaib without their cover getting completely blown by whistlblower/traitors like Wikileaks
* could not pass the regualtions needed on the financial sector to avoid another recesseion like this one
* could not get away with selling a few assault rifles to Mexican drug lords without their cover getting completely blown

.....could pull off the hugest conspiracy in American History (to make 9/11 happen), you are being "played".....

pete74
05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

* could not get away with imprisoning a few POWs in Gitmo and Abu Gharaib without their cover getting completely blown by whistlblower/traitors like Wikileaks
* could not pass the regualtions needed on the financial sector to avoid another recesseion like this one
* could not get away with selling a few assault rifles to Mexican drug lords without their cover getting completely blown

.....could pull off the hugest conspiracy in American History (to make 9/11 happen), you are being "played".....

you can easily give up you citizenship and become a mexican or whatever else you perfer. you really dont have to live here if you hate it that much.

fart
05-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Take it to twitter. Or, better yet, read a book or some information on all those subjects before running your mouth. You're oversimplifying many extremely complex issues and making yourself look ignorant in the process.

thumper
05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/PressRelease30Jan2006.html

In order for the official story to be true, the laws of physics would have
had to take the day off. That is all.

thumper
05-16-2011, 06:10 PM
http://www.wanttoknow.info/911statement

thumper
05-16-2011, 06:46 PM
http://patriotsquestion911.com/Counterterrorism_Veterans.pdf

This group is formed by heroes and patriots, and they don't
buy the fantasy fairy tale. Why would you?

fer522
05-16-2011, 07:28 PM
you can easily give up you citizenship and become a mexican

C'mon Pete!!!! why Mexico, we already have enough creazy mother F*&^%#S here :chuckle:

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:34 PM
you can easily give up you citizenship and become a mexican or whatever else you perfer. you really dont have to live here if you hate it that much.

Or.....YOU can accept the fact that NOT EVERYBODY shares your opinions. That does not make other people's opinions wrong or incorrect, nor does it mean they should move to Mexico.

I served my country faithfully for 7 years, how about you, Pete?

I simply refuted the 9/11 conspiracy theories from a purely practical perspective. If our government couldn't get away with imprisoning a few bad people without some retard whistleblowers getting wind of it and and airing out our dirty laundry out there for all to see, what do you honestly think the chances are, that that same organization could pull off something as big as 9/11?

The 9/11 conspiracy folks are seriously deluded, is my main point, in case you needed some help figuring that out....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Take it to twitter. Or, better yet, read a book or some information on all those subjects before running your mouth. You're oversimplifying many extremely complex issues and making yourself look ignorant in the process.

How about YOU take it to Twitter-- I do not even have a Twitter account, nor do I have the slightest of desires to do so.

I simplified those topics because I assumed that folks don't feel like reading a book/novel. Did we not take 11 years to find Osama Bin Laden? Did we not caught with our hand in the cookie jar, as far as Abu Gharaib and Gitmo? Please tell me where I cited something that was factually incorrect......

I am simply pointing out the fact that 9/11 Conspiracy theorists conveniently credit our government agencies with the astounding ability to pull off the hugest conspiracy in American history, then in the same breath are quick to point out how our government is incompetent in a myriad other ways and incapable of governing us.

Seems like a huge contradiction, doesn't it? It is yet another convenient way for extreme left folks to try and introduce their strange and counterproductive agendas into our governing process.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:42 PM
[url]

Only in your subversive, anti-American world....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:45 PM

Puh-lease, professor, de-simplify this one for all of us:

could not get away with selling a few assault rifles to Mexican drug lords without their cover getting completely blown

That is your ATF doing a great job.....selling assault rifles to Mexican drug lords, to justify the continued existence of a worthless and totally redundant law-enforcement agency....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:49 PM

So...what you are saying is that you have committed the hugest left-wing SIN, and STEREOTYPED people? You are also making a huge logical fallacy, in assuming truth by position of intellectual authority (if these veterans accept my conspiracy theories, they MUST be true, because they would know everything about it, right?!)

Why should I be surprised that SOME veterans side with the conspiracy theorist types? Last I checked, military service members are not clones, some of them also have subversive thoughts and rebel against their own country-- heck, look at PFC Manning....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 03:57 PM
http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org/PressRelease30Jan2006.html

This link provides nothing that is either scholarly, nor truthful. This is a link to a mission statement by a bunch of armchair-types that have gathered themselves together to propose an outlandish theory, based purely on a short laundry list of circumstantial evidence. It reads more like a whine than anything else-- maybe the NY Times did not question 9/11 more because they have a reputation to protect, and engaging in wild, subversive, unevidenced speculation does not do much for your professional reputation....

They make a claim in their statement, but they fail to back it up with anything but small collection of rhetorical questions. Nice branstorm, but it fails to shed any light on anything that happened that day. Their press releases were equally devoid of anything substantial.

Al-Queda made 9/11 happen. Get over it.

Sixburgher
05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I simply refuted the 9/11 conspiracy theories from a purely practical perspective. If our government couldn't get away with imprisoning a few bad people without some retard whistleblowers getting wind of it and and airing out our dirty laundry out there for all to see, what do you honestly think the chances are, that that same organization could pull off something as big as 9/11?

Don't you see? "Selective incompetence" on the part of the US government is part of the "genius" of their diabolical plot. :rolleyes:

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.wanttoknow.info/911statement

More people wanting a truth they have already been given.....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM

More whistleblowers, but nothing conclusive. Not a presentation of facts, just a demand for a new investigation....

thumper
05-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Puh-lease, professor, de-simplify this one for all of us:

could not get away with selling a few assault rifles to Mexican drug lords without their cover getting completely blown

That is your ATF doing a great job.....selling assault rifles to Mexican drug lords, to justify the continued existence of a worthless and totally redundant law-enforcement agency....

Only in your anti-American mind

thumper
05-17-2011, 04:05 PM
More whistleblowers, but nothing conclusive. Not a presentation of facts, just a demand for a new investigation....

And why would they demand a new investigation if they thought the
story was believable to begin with? Why? Just for the Fock of it?

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Come on, THUMPER, you can do better than this. I argue this topic on a daily basis with my wacko shift partner (who sides with the Branch Davidians that the ATF is EVIL, just so you know what company you are keeping), and he is WAYYYYYYY more informed on his conspiracy theories than you are!

So far, you have provided links to vaerious groups of armchair experts who have banded themselves together to.........ask for a new investigation because they personally were not satisfied with the findings of the first one. A few of your links actually went to the next step and provided a couple tidbits of circumstantial evidence....

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 04:13 PM
And why would they demand a new investigation if they thought the
story was believable to begin with? Why? Just for the Fock of it?

Hence the unfavorable title of "Conspiracy theorist".....they are overly suspicious people who perceive patterns and conspiracies where there are none.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Some circumstantial/hypothetical questions for 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists:

1) If our government wanted to bring down the WTC to give us a reason to enter Iraq/Afghanistan, why the elaborate scheme with jet airliners? Why not just bomb the buildings and blame it on Al-Queda; there would be much less operational overhead, less planning, less costs, less training required, and it would be completely believable, since Al-Queda already bombed the WTC back in the 1990's (maybe I better ask you this: did our government stage that one too?)

2) What would we stand to gain, and what parties?

3) Here's the kicker, and the real test of your patrtiotism-- lets say hypothetically that our government DID carry out 9/11 to put us in a military conflicty with the middle east. Would you say the greater good for America is served, or not? Do you think there was a need to go to the middle east? Is there a possibility that the people who did that know something we don't? Perhaps a conflict with the middle east was absolutely necessary for our nation's continued survival, and this was the best way to do it, other than to make things public and have questions to be answered? (There is plenty of folks out there that say we would be paying somewhere around $10 - 11 per gallon at the pumps right now if we did not go to Iraq, and then, you can bet, the conspiracy theorists, subversives, and extreme left wing folks would be bitching about that too.)

thumper
05-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Come on, THUMPER, you can do better than this. I argue this topic on a daily basis with my wacko shift partner (who sides with the Branch Davidians that the ATF is EVIL, just so you know what company you are keeping), and he is WAYYYYYYY more informed on his conspiracy theories than you are!

So far, you have provided links to vaerious groups of armchair experts who have banded themselves together to.........ask for a new investigation because they personally were not satisfied with the findings of the first one. A few of your links actually went to the next step and provided a couple tidbits of circumstantial evidence....

So you know more than actual professional engineers, etc?

http://www.ae911truth.org/

You know more than pilots?

http://pilotsfor911truth.org/

Can you answer these questions? Why not?

http://www.911truth.org/ancien/openletter.html#testimony

Why is it OK for the govt. to not answer these questions screaming
to be answered. And don't give me that line of bull shit about national
security. That is a smoke screen; revealing those questions would not
do jack shit to hurt national security, unless you consider keeping those
who made nine 11 happen as national security. Why was the FBI and CIA
so familiar with the hijackers but yet seem to be protecting them from
investigation as opposed to bringing their existence to light? How did
a guy who couldn't even fly a Cesna simulator supposedly handle a
757 like a fighter jet? Anyone of 100 questions makes it obvious what
BS their story is.

fer522
05-17-2011, 07:31 PM
this is getting good :popcorn:

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-17-2011, 07:45 PM
So you know more than actual professional engineers, etc?

Isn't that EXACTLY what you are saying? There are far more engineers AGAINST all the 9/11 conspiracies than there are for them..... So, because YOUR engineers agree with YOU-- I know more than all engineers?

Logic fail.

Since neither you nor I are civil engineers (I assume, I am an engineer, but of a different kind), we can only read through the arguments and evidence presented by both sides and try to draw our own conclusions.

You know more than pilots?

So...do you have any opinions on 9/11 of your own, or are you just going to continue to cite various subversive web URLs hastily put together by whatever profession you have decided to highlight as "subject matter experts" in this particular post?

Are you saying there are no pilots in America who don't believe in your 9/11 conspiracies? Are you trying to say that all pilots agree with you, and that for me to disagree with you, I am going against the whole aviation industry?

The tactic you are trying to use here is known as a logical fallacy--- argument from a position of perceived intellectual authority. Since structural engineers/pilots have a job title that is most relevant to the subject matter, you immediately elevate anything you hear from these particular, hand-picked list of engineers/pilots as gospel, without applying any of your own reason or skepticism.

Can you answer these questions? Why not?

I am still waiting for answers to my 3 very simple questions I posed about two posts back....

http://www.911truth.org/ancien/openletter.html#testimony

Why is it OK for the govt. to not answer these questions screaming
to be answered.

Because if the government had to answer up to every crackpot and open an investigation into anyone who wants to send a letter to Congress accusing the government of unreasonable things, we would need to create a whole new branch of the government dedicated solely to conspiracy squashing (and then liberals would be b1tching about how much bureaucracy our government is wasting our time with).

The government already answered most of their questions in the 9/11 Commission's findings, the people who are asking questions just did not like the answers....

And don't give me that line of bull shit about national
security.

Yeah, national security is a joke in your world, isn't it? Everybody should have complete access to all classified government documents, right? There should be no secrets..... *slaps forehead*

That is a smoke screen

Based on what? Your personal opinion? Your own argument from incredulity?

; revealing those questions would not
do jack shit to hurt national security, unless you consider keeping those
who made nine 11 happen as national security.

Ummm.....yeah, most of the people who made 9/11 happen are some pretty bad folks. Osama Bin Laden is proof of how much damage a single person can do, let alone 9 or 10 of them.

Why was the FBI and CIA
so familiar with the hijackers but yet seem to be protecting them from
investigation as opposed to bringing their existence to light?

Again, without having access to all of the same information as Mr. Leon Panetta, neither you nor I are qualified to even speculate.

At any given time, the FBI/CIA are tracking hundreds of potential terrorists in America, but not making any aggressive move against them, possibly waiting for a better opportunity, or maybe, just maybe, waiting for thee folks to get closer to launching their plan, so as to be able to take down the most terrorists in one move, instead of jumping in too early and tipping off all the rest that you are on to them?

Maybe the CIA/FBI realized that if they made their move against those folks too early, without building a solid case against them, it would give the bleeding hearts in this country too much ammunition to seek an aquittal?

Maybe because until the hijackers actually hijacked anything, they were not committing any crime we could stick on them or take them into custody for?

Again, you and the conspiracy folks have NOTHING to bring to the table except circumstantial nonsense and rhetorical questions.....

How did
a guy who couldn't even fly a Cesna simulator supposedly handle a
757 like a fighter jet? Anyone of 100 questions makes it obvious what
BS their story is.

How did a 18 year old boy wearing no shoes manage to steal several planes and fly them to the Florida keys and evade arrest for over a year (the Colston case, a.k.a. the "Barefoot Bandit")?

Stranger things have happened, cioncidences and strange happenings are the stuff of conspiracy theories. It is a natural human tendency to try and fill in the blanks with whatever will fit.....no matter how improbable or re-****-u-lous they are.

Besides, I noticed how you have to use over-the-top terminology to get your point across too. What consitutes flying a 757 "like a fighter jet"? Last I checked, the terrorists had a pretty easy job-- they did not have to take off, or worry about landing, only being able to pitch a plane on a collision course with a stationary, 110-story, 1,000,000 ton target......yaw is yaw, pitch is pitch, and a roll is a roll. If a 18 year old kid with no training can fly planes from Seattle to Bermuda, I am pretty sure it would not be a huge leap for a terrorist with an itch to cause destruction to be able to fly a plane into a building.....not sure what you mean by "like a fighter jet".....I did not notice the 757's doing barrel rolls and loop-de-loops prior to crashing themsevles into the WTC, but maybe the CIA hid those photos and videos too before they could hit Wikileaks or YouTube for people to concoct even more conspiracies.

pete74
05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Or.....YOU can accept the fact that NOT EVERYBODY shares your opinions. That does not make other people's opinions wrong or incorrect, nor does it mean they should move to Mexico.

I served my country faithfully for 7 years, how about you, Pete?

The 9/11 conspiracy folks are seriously deluded, is my main point, in case you needed some help figuring that out....

how about me? im a marine my man. what branch were you in? im not the one tearing up on my country you are. i figure they would of taught you proper respect in the military

finesward
05-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Isn't that EXACTLY what you are saying? There are far more engineers AGAINST all the 9/11 conspiracies than there are for them..... So, because YOUR engineers agree with YOU-- I know more than all engineers?

Logic fail.

Since neither you nor I are civil engineers (I assume, I am an engineer, but of a different kind), we can only read through the arguments and evidence presented by both sides and try to draw our own conclusions.

So...do you have any opinions on 9/11 of your own, or are you just going to continue to cite various subversive web URLs hastily put together by whatever profession you have decided to highlight as "subject matter experts" in this particular post?

Are you saying there are no pilots in America who don't believe in your 9/11 conspiracies? Are you trying to say that all pilots agree with you, and that for me to disagree with you, I am going against the whole aviation industry?

The tactic you are trying to use here is known as a logical fallacy--- argument from a position of perceived intellectual authority. Since structural engineers/pilots have a job title that is most relevant to the subject matter, you immediately elevate anything you hear from these particular, hand-picked list of engineers/pilots as gospel, without applying any of your own reason or skepticism.

lol, thumper is getting thumped in two separate threads consecutively :bash: :toofunny:

SteelCityMom
05-17-2011, 09:24 PM
how about me? im a marine my man. what branch were you in? im not the one tearing up on my country you are. i figure they would of taught you proper respect in the military

I don't think he was tearing up on the country to be honest. I mean, some people in the government do some messed up stuff, but the point he was trying to make is that those people never seem to get away with it. There's always someone there to spill the beans, so to speak.

I don't doubt that the government (in general, I don't know who to point exact fingers at), took advantage of the situation after 9/11...but as Riddle has pointed out a number of times, it's silly to think that the whole thing was somehow orchestrated and covered up by an entire government. I have my suspicions about certain things, but some of the shit these people come up with is just ridiculous...like they've watched Enemy of the State or The Manchurian Candidate one too many times.

pete74
05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
I don't think he was tearing up on the country to be honest. I mean, some people in the government do some messed up stuff, but the point he was trying to make is that those people never seem to get away with it. There's always someone there to spill the beans, so to speak.

I don't doubt that the government (in general, I don't know who to point exact fingers at), took advantage of the situation after 9/11...but as Riddle has pointed out a number of times, it's silly to think that the whole thing was somehow orchestrated and covered up by an entire government. I have my suspicions about certain things, but some of the shit these people come up with is just ridiculous...like they've watched Enemy of the State or The Manchurian Candidate one too many times.

agreed. its almost insane that there are actually proplr out there who belive our government orchestrated the entire thing.

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Thank you for injecting some sanity into my exchange with Pete....I am not sure why he had such difficulty realizing what you just summed up in your above post.

I could make some pretty stereotypical jokes here about Marines and IQs, but I am no genius myself.....so I would be a black kettle taking potshots at the pot, at best LOL. Plus I have never had any problems getting along with Pete around here before, so I am not one to wreck a good thing.

MasterOfPuppets
05-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Hence the unfavorable title of "Conspiracy theorist".....they are overly suspicious people who perceive patterns and conspiracies where there are none.
no patterns ? how about the ONLY buildings in the area that are no longer standing in the complex despite other builds being closer to the twins , and survived the ordeal ?, , were all owned by the same person. the same person who had the foresight to take out a HUGE insurance policy just prior to 9 / 11 , which he made sure terrorist acts were included.

years ago an old roommate took out theft insurance insurance on his motorcycle 6 weeks before it was stolen. the insurance company crawled in his ass with a microscope trying to prove fraud and he waited nearly a year before they finally cut him a check. ... whats more likely to happen ? a motorcycle being stolen in tallahassee florida ? or a terrorist attack that completely destroys only the buildings in NY owned by a certain individual ?

watch the vids

iEuJimaumW4&feature=related
972ETepp4GI&feature=related
8n-nT-luFIw&feature=related

SteelCityMom
05-19-2011, 03:38 PM
See, that's the problem with the internet age. There's plenty of youtube videos and sites that bring their own evidence against the "inside job" theory. I despise people running the government just as much as the next person, but I still think it's crazy to believe that something this big could be covered up. Hell, Clinton couldn't even get a BJ without the whole world finding out...and somehow the completely inept US gov't is going to perform it's own terror strike? I just don't buy it.

Here's a couple vids with really tense music that go against the inside job theory.

tacYjsS-g6k

_kSq663m0G8

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-19-2011, 06:56 PM
how about me? im a marine my man. what branch were you in?

The smarter half of the Department of the Navy..... :wink02:

(J/K, I have known some pretty goddamn dumb squids, and some pretty bright gators and vice-versa, I have had conversations with you here and know you to be a bright fellow)

im not the one tearing up on my country you are.

There is a world of difference between "tearing up your country" and being objective about your country. I was assuming the latter of the two.

My point was that conspiracy theorists are always quick to point out how incompetent we/our government/our country is, and then in the same breath attribute ninja-like abilities to pull off the grandest scheme in the history of our country without a hitch. It creates a really obvious dichotomy.

If our President can't even get away with getting a fricking blowjob from his under-desk-intern without some big-mouthed lady blowing the boilers for the whole world to see, fat chance of them being able to pull off something like 9/11.....

Like I said, if our government wanted to pull this off, why the elaborate scheme with the planes and whatnot? That smacks of terrorists-- they always seek targets that produce the greatest emotional effects and clearly hitting us in our financial capital counts as such. if the government wanted to do that, they would have just bombed the WTC and blamed it on Al-Queda, which wouldn't be tough to believe, since Al-Queda already bombed the WTC back in the 90's.

Alot of the reason why conspiracy theories crop up, IMHO, is the sense of incredulity. Even the most subversive left-winger has a hard time accepting that we could have been caught so flat-footed on 9/11. It is no small surprise that very similar conspiracy theories got circulated after Pearl Harbor got bombed. How could the Japanese have caught us so off-guard? Answer: human incompetence-- as long as humans are involved, there will be mistakes and oversights.

Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S. Cole, and 9/11 were the product of human complacency, not conspiracies.

i figure they would of taught you proper respect in the military

I don't think respect is the issue here. If you are not able to look realistically and without bias at your own country's shortcomings and our place in history without it making you fly off the handle, you are not being very objective and definitely not doing your nation any service that way.

I don't appreciate being told to move to Mexico either. I pay my taxes. Knowing you are still on active duty and receiving that payscale, I probably pay a LOT more in income taxes than you do each year. I've put in my 7 years of military service, would gladly serve the government again if I could (at my ripe age of 33, I cannot re-enter active duty) at whatever capacity. I dream aboutConsidered dropping my nice job and joining the minute-men several times in the past year (a Marine Corps buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into it-- he knows how I feel about illegal immigrants). I volunteer a lot at local senior centers. I am the primary caretaker for my mother who is disabled ("primary caretaker" being a very cold and undescriptive word) and very sick.

In short, I am a dedicated and patriotic American that neither deserves, nor should I be required to put up with that crap from anybody.

MasterOfPuppets
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Hell, Clinton couldn't even get a BJ without the whole world finding out...]
i think that was a setup as well .... who takes off a dress with pecker tracks all over it and hangs it back up in their closet instead of getting it cleaned ? not to mention remembering said dress had pecker tracks on it a year after the fact and offering it up as evidence ...:noidea:
i'm sure monica made a nice little profit off of the ordeal.
where there's profit involved , there's a motive.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/Misc/Funny/funny_monica_lewinsky.jpg

SteelCityMom
05-19-2011, 09:55 PM
i think that was a setup as well .... who takes off a dress with pecker tracks all over it and hangs it back up in their closet instead of getting it cleaned ? not to mention remembering said dress had pecker tracks on it a year after the fact and offering it up as evidence ...:noidea:
i'm sure monica made a nice little profit off of the ordeal.
where there's profit involved , there's a motive.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/Misc/Funny/funny_monica_lewinsky.jpg

Well, that's kind of my point. Set up or not...he got caught with his pants down, literally.

And yes, there was profit involved...but everyone found out about it. Even if they had paid her off (I'm not sure if they tried or not), she still blabbed.

pete74
05-20-2011, 05:51 AM
The smarter half of the Department of the Navy..... :wink02:

(J/K, I have known some pretty goddamn dumb squids, and some pretty bright gators and vice-versa, I have had conversations with you here and know you to be a bright fellow)

There is a world of difference between "tearing up your country" and being objective about your country. I was assuming the latter of the two.

My point was that conspiracy theorists are always quick to point out how incompetent we/our government/our country is, and then in the same breath attribute ninja-like abilities to pull off the grandest scheme in the history of our country without a hitch. It creates a really obvious dichotomy.

If our President can't even get away with getting a fricking blowjob from his under-desk-intern without some big-mouthed lady blowing the boilers for the whole world to see, fat chance of them being able to pull off something like 9/11.....

Like I said, if our government wanted to pull this off, why the elaborate scheme with the planes and whatnot? That smacks of terrorists-- they always seek targets that produce the greatest emotional effects and clearly hitting us in our financial capital counts as such. if the government wanted to do that, they would have just bombed the WTC and blamed it on Al-Queda, which wouldn't be tough to believe, since Al-Queda already bombed the WTC back in the 90's.

Alot of the reason why conspiracy theories crop up, IMHO, is the sense of incredulity. Even the most subversive left-winger has a hard time accepting that we could have been caught so flat-footed on 9/11. It is no small surprise that very similar conspiracy theories got circulated after Pearl Harbor got bombed. How could the Japanese have caught us so off-guard? Answer: human incompetence-- as long as humans are involved, there will be mistakes and oversights.

Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S. Cole, and 9/11 were the product of human complacency, not conspiracies.

I don't think respect is the issue here. If you are not able to look realistically and without bias at your own country's shortcomings and our place in history without it making you fly off the handle, you are not being very objective and definitely not doing your nation any service that way.

I don't appreciate being told to move to Mexico either. I pay my taxes. Knowing you are still on active duty and receiving that payscale, I probably pay a LOT more in income taxes than you do each year. I've put in my 7 years of military service, would gladly serve the government again if I could (at my ripe age of 33, I cannot re-enter active duty) at whatever capacity. I dream aboutConsidered dropping my nice job and joining the minute-men several times in the past year (a Marine Corps buddy of mine keeps trying to talk me into it-- he knows how I feel about illegal immigrants). I volunteer a lot at local senior centers. I am the primary caretaker for my mother who is disabled ("primary caretaker" being a very cold and undescriptive word) and very sick.

In short, I am a dedicated and patriotic American that neither deserves, nor should I be required to put up with that crap from anybody.

i was wrong for my post and am sorry. i didnt fully read your post and jumped to the wrong conclusion without being properly informed. you seem like a really good person and i was definatly wrong for saying some of the things i did.
of course there are things i would love to change about our government but its 100% impossible to have perfection there and i excepted that. i didnt like when Clinton was president because he hurt the military when he cut funds but my feelings were irrelevent. i respect the position whether i like the decisions or not

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-20-2011, 04:44 PM
i was wrong for my post and am sorry. i didnt fully read your post and jumped to the wrong conclusion without being properly informed. you seem like a really good person and i was definatly wrong for saying some of the things i did.
of course there are things i would love to change about our government but its 100% impossible to have perfection there and i excepted that. i didnt like when Clinton was president because he hurt the military when he cut funds but my feelings were irrelevent. i respect the position whether i like the decisions or not

I apologize as well-- we got off on the wrong foot there. It takes a much bigger man to admit wrongs (on both of us).

:drink:

Riddle_Of_Steel
05-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, that's kind of my point. Set up or not...he got caught with his pants down, literally.

And yes, there was profit involved...but everyone found out about it. Even if they had paid her off (I'm not sure if they tried or not), she still blabbed.

I gotta say though-- with that maw, I can easily see why Clinton let her be his under-desk-troll for the afternoon. A comment about being able to pull the chrome off a trailer hitch comes to mind for some reason....

SteelCityMom
05-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I gotta say though-- with that maw, I can easily see why Clinton let her be his under-desk-troll for the afternoon. A comment about being able to pull the chrome off a trailer hitch comes to mind for some reason....

:rofl:

Hey, I'm not judging him for it at all. There's definitely a lot worse things people can do than get consensual pleasure from another person.

He's a dick for cheating on his wife (and I don't care how ugly or how big of a bitch a woman is...be a man and leave her if you want for something else), but it hardly deserved the uproar that it got.