PDA

View Full Version : Ben's throwing

SteelersWyo
05-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I saw after the championship disaster that Ben was releasing the ball in front of him instead of by his ear (or there abouts). Any talk around The Burg about his progression in this area. He looked pretty bad in the Pats game.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Ben was at the end of the perverbial rookie rope, and just plain ran outta gas, and his thumb was injured, so Im sure that had something to do with. He's admitted this offseason, he was out there, half the time, just plain worn out, mentally and physically, so I think he'll be fine this year, plus he's been working since Feb. w/ the team.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
05-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I agree Blitzburgh. I think now that Ben knows the offense a bit better, and he knows how much pressure he's going to have, he'll be fine. I also think last year was a lot more nerve racking because he was a rookie and everyone was wondering if he could make it, and that was alot for a rookie. He has been working with the team and he has been keeping in shape and he has also been working with Wisenhunt to get a better understanding of the offense. He knows his teamates better and he is able to relax and be himself unlike last year. He said last year he felt he was walking on eggshells, but this year he knows faces and names. So I don't think we are going to have to worry about Ben too much, unless he continues to put his career in danger by riding a motorcycle without a helmet! Ben's a great football player and knows that the city of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Steelers are counting on him! GO BEN!

~AllAmer~

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
And just be glad he doesnt have the motion that Philip Rivers has! :rolleyes:

hardwork
05-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Probably shouldn't be too hard on the boy. After all, it was the Patriots he was playing. You saw what we did to Manning and company. Poor Ben never really had a chance.

SteelersFever
05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Probably shouldn't be too hard on the boy. After all, it was the Patriots he was playing. You saw what we did to Manning and company. Poor Ben never really had a chance.
Never had a chance? That's the funniest thing I heard all offseason! :toofunny:

hardwork
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
All BS aside, that's a fact. He never had a chance against us.

SteelersFever
05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Your team may have won the SB, but counting us out before before the game started is just immature. You must have forgot about the loss during week 8. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Dude, never had a chance? we played defenses just as good and better than your's all year and won week in and week out. ur defense had very little to do w/ it. Ben just made some bad decisions and over/underthrew too many passes.. its not like we didnt beat ourselves against you guys,because thats exactly what we did.. and yet we still pulled to w/ in 11 in the second half.

hardwork
05-11-2005, 11:58 PM
You played a defense better then ours? Did you play another defense that could shut down the Colts? Please.

hardwork
05-12-2005, 12:02 AM
You beat yourselves? LOL. You were beat, period.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2005, 01:09 AM
turnovers, fumbles, missed opportunities.. yes we beat ourselves.. plain and simple!

clevestinks
05-12-2005, 05:04 AM
Ben will be fine as far as never had a chance, he kicked some Pats ass earleir in the season, I didn`t here nobody talking Pats smack back then?

hardwork
05-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I've a lot more to say, but I don't want to break the forum rules. Should this be in the blast furnace?

Beat yourselves? Earlier in the season? Come on.

clevestinks
05-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I don`t know if I can say we beat ourselves? For Cowhers sake I hope we didn`t. The Pats were the defending world champs, and Belichek must have come up with some schemes on defense to confuse Ben. Now that Ben has a year, and an entire playbook, I think we`ll be fine. We weren`t clicking on all cylinders that day, thats for sure, but the Pats were part of the problem. You really can`t take nothing away from them, they`ve won the last 3 of 4. I believe this year will be different, a Ring for Us.

It was nice kicking the crap out of the Pats earlier in the season. HW doesn`t want to acknowledge that game. Because it didn`t mean anything, wrong it did mean that he didn`t get to see the Pats at home in the Playoffs

hardwork
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
"wrong it did mean that he didn`t get to see the Pats at home in the Playoffs"

Very true, and I admit, you beat us. We didn't show up to lose I can guarantee you that.

As for defensive schemes? I think you know how we play defense. We don't have all those converted defensive ends playing LB for us for the hell of it.

Now see, Cleve is an honest man. He's going to be a naked honest man come next Jan., but he'll still be honest.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2005, 10:42 PM
When you commit multiple turnovers and allow big special teams plays, you beat urself! nobody can deny that. Now was that the only reason we lost, no, Im man enough to admit the pats played a better game, and they are a superb team, winning 3-4 superbowls, I'd be foolish to not admit that.. BUT, it wasnt all the pats that one that game this past January, they had some help from our turnovers and misque's.

hardwork
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Look, when you get into the playoffs you can't make mistakes. That's part of the deal. The competition is too good. Your team just wasn't ready, and we were.

The key play? First half, fourth and one, you go for it, we stuff ya. End of game. Why? In the second half you got forth and one in our red zone and instead of going for it, you kick a field goal. That's intimidation at work.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Cowher will go on 4th and 1 better than 80 % of the time in that situation, because normally, we win those battles,.. All the bus has to do is run up and fall down and he's got the first down, but penetration killed us. Bill tried to make a statement and fire up the team, unfortunately it didnt work.

It was a learning experience for Ben, and one that will be invaluable come this year and in the future.

hardwork
05-14-2005, 10:31 AM
We knew going into the game that we couldn't allow you to make that statement. Once the bus starts rolling over you on forth and short, forget it, you're in trouble. But if you can take that away, and force you out of your game, then you're playing a Steeler team that can be beat.

You were about one player better then us last year. However, Brady makes up for that. It looks like you might be 2 players better then us this year, and have an improved QB. Can Brady make up for that? We'll see.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Agreed, we will definately see.

We pride ourselves on physical football.. we force our will on you.. on both sides of the ball, and we just plain wear on the opposition play after play after play.. but penetration kills that, and not many teams get that kinda pentration the way you guys did last january.

Gonna be a fun year !

clevestinks
05-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Couldn`t have said it better myself! Cool Sig

ironcitychef
05-17-2005, 12:15 PM
We knew going into the game that we couldn't allow you to make that statement. Once the bus starts rolling over you on forth and short, forget it, you're in trouble. But if you can take that away, and force you out of your game, then you're playing a Steeler team that can be beat.

You were about one player better then us last year. However, Brady makes up for that. It looks like you might be 2 players better then us this year, and have an improved QB. Can Brady make up for that? We'll see.

Man I go away and we start to agree with HW?:rolleyes: I feel the same. Intangibles though...Dang that Tom Brady!

SteelersWyo
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Glad I got all that started.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah well u know the SF non steeler fans, they always gotta find an angle to start shiat!! :rolleyes: ;)

clevestinks
05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
There Steelers Fans, they just are waiting to come out of the closet.