PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on CB

55BaileyFan
05-07-2011, 07:01 PM
http://steelerfreak.tumblr.com/

What do you all think?

Bubbabanjo
05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Well if we lose 2 more to Free Agency......ooooooooooooof.

We will have raw rookies, and back benchers. It has been our weakness for years. Its weaker and older now. 1st year players have a rough go normally. So the draft is for the future.

So we gotta hope for fast learners......or one heck of a pass rush to make it not matter.

Stats shmats.........we win or lose with what we got. Its up to the guys to step up. Mel Blount 2011 where are you!!!

55BaileyFan
05-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Well if we lose 2 more to Free Agency......ooooooooooooof.

We will have raw rookies, and back benchers. It has been our weakness for years. Its weaker and older now. 1st year players have a rough go normally. So the draft is for the future.

So we gotta hope for fast learners......or one heck of a pass rush to make it not matter.

Stats shmats.........we win or lose with what we got. Its up to the guys to step up. Mel Blount 2011 where are you!!!

I don't think we will lose what we got. I think Ike will resign because no one is going to give him Nnamdi money because of his age and his poor game in the Super Bowl. I think that we will have a year to breed these guys and then we will see how good they can be.

Fire Arians
05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Ike should be a solid #1 for a couple more years. We need either lewis or butler to step up and be an upgrade over mcfadden, and one of our draft picks to play nickel and replace gay. I don't think this scenario is a stretch

ggoldman
05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Mcfadden only started because he knew the D better than Lewis

PhantomJB93
05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Mcfadden only started because he knew the D better than Lewis

*because he knew the D better than Butler

Lewis was benched because he sucks, not inexperience

Farrior_roirraW
05-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Ike should be a solid #1 for a couple more years. We need either lewis or butler to step up and be an upgrade over mcfadden, and one of our draft picks to play nickel and replace gay. I don't think this scenario is a stretch

I actually like Gay at nickel but if it helps Brown or Allen develop and become ready to take over for Ike (if he leaves or when age catches up to him) or even the # 2 corner spot then I'm all for it. I really hope Butler steps it up but I guess we have to wait and see.

55BaileyFan
05-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I actually like Gay at nickel but if it helps Brown or Allen develop and become ready to take over for Ike (if he leaves or when age catches up to him) or even the # 2 corner spot then I'm all for it. I really hope Butler steps it up but I guess we have to wait and see.

Gay was terrible in the Nickel package. He allowed Gronkowski to score 3 TD against us in the Pats game. I think Curtis Brown or Cortez Allen could be an upgrade over Gay.

Farrior_roirraW
05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Gay was terrible in the Nickel package. He allowed Gronkowski to score 3 TD against us in the Pats game. I think Curtis Brown or Cortez Allen could be an upgrade over Gay.

He had a bad game. But it was Brady. I'm not concerned. Brown or Allen could be an upgrade over Gay but I'm more concerned about McFadden.

55BaileyFan
05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
He had a bad game. But it was Brady. I'm not concerned. Brown or Allen could be an upgrade over Gay but I'm more concerned about McFadden.

I agree whole heartly about BMac. I don't know what happened to him in Arizona but he came back and really stunk up the place.

I still don't think it was just a game though. Gay is well known for getting beat and I don't think he has played well in a long time. I liked him as a rookie and in his second year on special teams...but once he got on the field I changed my mind.