PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Rock Sold!!!!!!!!

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Say it isn`t so. This is Steelers beer, this is my beer. I hope the workers don`t lose their jobs , but I wouldn`t think that it looks good.

Rolling Rock Brand Sold, Local Jobs Could Be Lost

Hundreds of local jobs are hanging in the balance after the Rolling Rock brand was sold for $82 million to the Anheuser-Busch Company. The brand will still be produced, but not by Latrobe Brewery.

83-Steelers-43
05-19-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm not big on Rolling Rock, taste like watered down perfume in my opinion. But sad to hear it won't be in Latrobe anymore.

Stlrs4Life
05-19-2006, 05:15 PM
That sucks.

j-dawg
05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
man... i dig rolling rock... bummer...

you ever try eliot ness beer from the great lakes brewery company? stuff is awesome... can't get it in l.a.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/EliotNess.jpg

:cheers: :alcohol: :drink:

SteelerDan43
05-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Thats shitty, Rolling Rock is part of community in the Latrobe Greensburg area. Will be sad to see it go

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 05:35 PM
man... i dig rolling rock... bummer...

you ever try eliot ness beer from the great lakes brewery company? stuff is awesome... can't get it in l.a.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/EliotNess.jpg

:cheers: :alcohol: :drink:
Great Lakes Brewing is right here, we get over there atleast once a month! Saturday nights are the hot nights threre

j-dawg
05-19-2006, 05:42 PM
yep, it's a cool place... i have a friend out here who worked at the coffee shop "talkies" across the street from there....

SteelerzGirl
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Say it isn`t so. This is Steelers beer, this is my beer. I hope the workers don`t lose their jobs , but I wouldn`t think that it looks good.

Rolling Rock Brand Sold, Local Jobs Could Be Lost

Hundreds of local jobs are hanging in the balance after the Rolling Rock brand was sold for $82 million to the Anheuser-Busch Company. The brand will still be produced, but not by Latrobe Brewery.

I'm don't care for Rolling Rock, but I hate to see the local jobs being lost. :frown:

Looks like you may have to switch to IC, Cleve.

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm don't care for Rolling Rock, but I hate to see the local jobs being lost. :frown:

Looks like you may have to switch to IC, Cleve.
Well there is always Yuengling! Besides I drink less than I ever have. Its more protein shakes for me. I ay be getting old, and whinding down some.

Suitanim
05-19-2006, 07:39 PM
AB will keep the company going, I think. As long as they keep the Green Light flowing, I'm good.

MattsMe
05-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Meanwhile, executives have yet to find a buyer for "the new Coke."

tony hipchest
05-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Meanwhile, executives have yet to find a buyer for "the new Coke." they shouldve called it "new crack". they wouldve made billions.

Ambridge
05-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Damn!!

I hope things work out for Rolling Rock.
Rolling Rock Beer is a small piece of Americana and iconic for Latrobe and Western Pa.