PDA

View Full Version : The "Bus" on Iron City cans!

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
This is right up my alley, Ive been collecting can for 28 years, and my whole life I`ve collected Steeler stuff. I noticed that the can has no Steelers anywhere on it. Just World Championship, Jerome Bettis, and Jerome in street clothe. Since Rolling Rock owns the rights to the Steelers, looks like Iron City took advantage of Jerome retiring.

'The Bus' Now Featured On IC Light Labels
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Steelers fans have something new to add to their collections and it features one of the most popular Steelers ever.

Pittsburgh Brewing Company along with Pittsburgh Mayor Bob O?Connor announced the limited edition IC Light Beer featuring Jerome Bettis on the label.

Company officials say they asked ?The Bus? to be featured on the cans a week after he announced his retirement.

The cans are already on sale.

A portion of the proceeds will go to The Bus Stops Here Foundation.

Stlrs4Life
05-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Cool, now I see why IC didn't do a SB can like they have in the past.

clevestinks
05-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Cool, now I see why IC didn't do a SB can like they have in the past.
Yeah Rolling Rock does all the SuperBowl cans as well as HOF cans. IC did have a nice cone top Dan Marino can this year. Now that Budweiser owns Rolling Rock who knows what will happen!

Lyn
05-22-2006, 10:57 AM
Pittsburgh Brewing Co. Gets Help From Bus
Picture of Bettis Dons Limited Edition Bottles, Cans
AP Sports
PITTSBURGH (May 21) - Pittsburgh Brewing Co., the bankrupt maker of Iron City Beer, unveiled limited edition bottles and aluminum cans featuring a photo of former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis.

READ BELOW

src="http://cdn.channel.aol.com/_media/dalaillama/dalai_llama.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> AOL's Sports Bloggers Live
Listen Now | E-mail Questions

KW: Sports Bloggers Live

The company will produce more than 50,000 cases of the containers in hopes of selling more of its I.C. Light beer, according to company spokesman Anthony Ferraro.

The cans and bottles will be available through beer distributors, taverns and restaurants starting on Monday. They will be sold through July, or until supplies run out.

Bettis, who retired after the Steelers' Super Bowl win in February, is the latest in a long line of Pittsburgh sports heroes to appear on cans of Iron City Beer and I.C. Light.

Ferraro said the company paid an unspecified amount for the use of Bettis' photo to The Bus Stops Here Foundation, an organization started by Bettis, whose nickname is "The Bus."

Financial records show the company gave the foundation, which helps underprivileged children, $2,500 on March 17, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The financially distressed brewer filed for protection from creditors under federal bankruptcy regulations in December after failing to pay $2.5 million in water and sewage bills.

Haiku_Dirtt
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I didn't know that Anheuser-Busch fomerly known as Rolling Rock owns the rights to the Steelers.

What does that entitle them to?

clevestinks
05-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Well all the cupholders a Heinz say Rolling Rock, and they do all the Steelers promo cans!

MattsMe
05-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Well all the cupholders a Heinz say Rolling Rock,

All except one. Hines Ward's cup holder says "Holmes" on the back. Once he makes the team though, Hines will have to carry his own cup. :sofunny: