PDA

View Full Version : Did Pgh make a _legit_ effort to trade up for Pouncy?

thumper
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b9xwn

I don't know. This team often makes fake moves for PR
reasons, to keep fans happy. For instance, they often
bring in free agents that everyone and their brother knows
they aren't going to sign. Is this little story to cover their
butts in case they want to keep some ppl happy, or did
they make a legit effort to move up and draft MP? Who knows.
I'm kind of glad it didn't happen. I think Mike P is overrated
b/c of his bros success in the league. Would he have been
valued as high if not for bro? I seriously doubt it.

But reading this, it is apparent Pgh at least pretended that they
wanted to trade up. I think they got better value with what they
got.

kirklandrules
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
But reading this, it is apparent Pgh at least pretended that they wanted to trade up. I think they got better value with what they got.

After reading the article, it sounds as if this isn't a story at all. The Redskins deny that Snyder was even on that program where it was discussed. My take is that the league and players should do all us fans a favor and end this deadlock ... so we can talk about something that actually may happen.

Sixburgher
05-16-2011, 12:49 PM
No.

http://twitter.com/#!/jimwexell/status/70150186541912064

pete74
05-16-2011, 03:03 PM
hopefully we did make the effort. im much happier with Heyward but i dont want Marcus upset with us and bolt to Miami to play with his brother as soon as his contract is up

davidtrout
05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Pouncey went 15th. It would shock me to learn that the Steelers even considered moving up 16 spots.

The Steelers keep their fans happy by winning. It's my best guess that during the draft the fans are the farthest thing from their minds.

stb_steeler
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
After reading the article, it sounds as if this isn't a story at all. The Redskins deny that Snyder was even on that program where it was discussed. My take is that the league and players should do all us fans a favor and end this deadlock ... so we can talk about something that actually may happen.

Dontcha just love the what ifs??????? :rofl::rofl:

55BaileyFan
05-17-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't think they should have traded up. He was a mid round pick up until Maurkice had an amazing year last year and his draft stock rose way up. Even ESPN made mention of this and the NFL Network's people said it during the combine.

We got what we needed and I praise the Steelers for what they did in the draft. Now, let Dan Rooney come back and kick the shit out of the owners and NFLPA and lets get a deal done for next year.

ben2hines=6
05-23-2011, 06:02 PM
if we trade up that far we hurt next years draft. we did the right thing in staying where we were and got a solid DE which we needed

steeltheone
05-24-2011, 10:59 AM
if it were not for his brother playing for us, hardly anyone would mention his name!!!!

thumper
05-24-2011, 01:31 PM
if it were not for his brother playing for us, hardly anyone would mention his name!!!!

It's true. And, a little known fact from those not living amongst
Gator fan: Mike was awful at center for the Gators to start
the year. I mean, just horrible. I know we would obviously
not have drafted him for OC, but just saying, since many teams
would be drafting him for OC. His snaps were all over the place -
and it went that way for many weeks. Snaps were just flying all
over the place - every where except in the QB's hands.