PDA

View Full Version : Troy - Players Fighting "Big Business"

Atlanta Dan
05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Yesterday we got Ray-Ray Lewis saying the labor dispute needs to end because if the lockout continues into the season crime rates will soar

Not surprisingly, cool and calm Troy has a different take

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn't know when the NFL lockout will end, but he does believe the players are representing the everyday person in their battle against the NFL.

"It's unfortunate right now. I think what the players are fighting for is something bigger," Polamalu said Sunday night. "A lot of people think it's millionaires versus billionaires and that's the huge argument. The fact is its people fighting against big business. The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6580041

2WHe5fxS3dA

Fight The Power!

thumper
05-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Yesterday we got Ray-Ray Lewis saying the labor dispute needs to end because if the lockout continues into the season crime rates will soar

Not surprisingly, cool and calm Troy has a different take

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn't know when the NFL lockout will end, but he does believe the players are representing the everyday person in their battle against the NFL.

"It's unfortunate right now. I think what the players are fighting for is something bigger," Polamalu said Sunday night. "A lot of people think it's millionaires versus billionaires and that's the huge argument. The fact is its people fighting against big business. The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"

:thumbsup:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6580041

2WHe5fxS3dA

Fight The Power!

:thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Thumper - when you quote my posts please do not edit them - I had no :thumbsup: after Troy's quote

I may agree with what Troy said but I prefer what I post here not to be edited when quoted

thumper
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Thumper - when you quote my posts please do not edit them - I had no :thumbsup: after Troy's quote

I may agree with what Troy said but I prefer what I post here not to be edited when quoted

It was an error. Relax, Francis.

Atlanta Dan
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
It was an error. Relax, Francis.

Errors can be fixed - FYI I find your attitude as tiresome as many other posters do - since you now have trained it on me I have no problem calling you on it

Wallace108
05-25-2011, 01:04 AM
"The big business argument is 'I got the money and I got the power therefore I can tell you what to do.' That's life everywhere. I think this is a time when the football players are standing up and saying, 'No, no, no, the people have the power.'"

I think I'm going to try Troy's philosophy on my boss and see how it goes. Wish me luck. :thumbsup:

55BaileyFan
05-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Still think it is a fight between millionaires and billionaires...but Goodell is destroying the NFL with his crappy rules and not letting the players play football. The owners turned down a really good deal because they wanted more money. How much of this is Goodell and shady owners like Jerry Jones and Snyder (redskins)