PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 7th, Penguins 10th in rating of best pro sports franchises

SH-Rock
06-15-2011, 10:56 PM
The Steelers and Penguins were in the top 10 among the best franchises in pro sports, as ranked by ESPN The Magazine.

The Steelers were seventh and the Penguins 10th.

The Green Bay Packers were ranked first. The rest of the top ten: 2. Tampa Bay Lightning; 3. New Orleans Saints; 4. Los Angeles Angels; 5. San Antonio Spurs; 6. Oklahoma City Thunder; 8. Colorado Rockies; 9. Memphis Grizzlies.

The magazine’s rankings are based on “how much they give back to fans for the time, money and emotion they invest in them.”

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/29123-steelers-7th-penguins-10-in-rating-of-best-pro-sports-franchises

I personally think the Steelers should be ranked higher

DanRooney
06-16-2011, 10:31 PM
The Steelers and Penguins were in the top 10 among the best franchises in pro sports, as ranked by ESPN The Magazine.

The Steelers were seventh and the Penguins 10th.

The Green Bay Packers were ranked first. The rest of the top ten: 2. Tampa Bay Lightning; 3. New Orleans Saints; 4. Los Angeles Angels; 5. San Antonio Spurs; 6. Oklahoma City Thunder; 8. Colorado Rockies; 9. Memphis Grizzlies.

The magazine’s rankings are based on “how much they give back to fans for the time, money and emotion they invest in them.”

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/29123-steelers-7th-penguins-10-in-rating-of-best-pro-sports-franchises

I personally think the Steelers should be ranked higher

Packers make sense at #1. But where are the Yankees? Red Sox?

Tampa Bay Lightning? wtf. Saints? lol. Who made this crap?

Wallace108
06-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Packers make sense at #1. But where are the Yankees? Red Sox?

Tampa Bay Lightning? wtf. Saints? lol. Who made this crap?

Good point.

And the Grizzlies, Thunder and Spurs are in the top 10, but not the Lakers and Celtics? Pffffft.

Deserei90
06-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought Steelers would be ranked higher. Saints & Lightnings over The Steelers??:doh:

StainlessStill
06-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Everyone knows where the Steelers as a franchise stands in the world of sports. A no-brainer. The Rooney family is possibly the most caring, well-rounded, & crafted ownership in all of sports, let alone intelligent of going about their business. I mean, 3 coaches since 1969? Incredible.

As far as Tampa. What a complete mockery. All of Sports-Nation should wipe their ass with that selection. Terrible display of picking them number two when they should barely rank in the top 100 in theory.

shcforward
06-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Steelers should be higher, and in all honesty, Penguins should be a lot lower.

ben2hines=6
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
this top 10 makes no sense but hell ill take 2 in the top 10

PhantomJB93
06-30-2011, 08:04 PM
The media-Packers love affair is starting to annoy me. I don't hate the Packers, in fact I respect the hell out of them, but I'm just getting tied of them being proclaimed the best at everything recently. Any list of franchise rankings in any category, fans, stadium, management, team, etc., they seem to be given #1 by default. In some cases they may deserve it but I know if this were before the 2011 playoffs I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be dominating at everything ever in the media's eyes...

mcg24
07-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Where are the Pirates!?!?!?!? We are two games over .500 and two games out of first place, that oughta be good for something!!! Head over to the "We're Still Over .500" thread in the Pirates sub forum while you still have a chance, I'm partying it up over there all by myself!!!!!!

BEAT EM BUCS!!!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

MDSteel15
07-01-2011, 11:54 AM
How are the Pens on there when they have barely stayed alive financially here of late??? :noidea:

thumper
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Steelers at 7 is horse shit. I think you can even argue Pgh over Packers, but
I can live with them being 1 spot ahead. I actually think Pgh is ahead of them
by a nose, personally. But this list is rubbish in general. Not worth anymore
discussion. FAIL.

cloppbeast
07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
These rankings are special. WTF was this author thinking? He probably has Clueless in his Top Ten Movies list.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know Tampa Bay had a NHL team.

TRH
07-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I just wasted 3 minutes of my life reading through that garbage. No Yankees in the top 5? I hate the Red Sox, but where are they? Lakers anyone?
Who the hell comes up with these stupid lists. Lists mean nothing anymore. Too many blogger-types thinking their writers with access to "online" sites, magazine, etc. And to make it even more worthless, lets see....the Packers won the SB, so put them # 1.

Garbage.