PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Pet's Name? & Why

Lyn
05-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Our dog's name is Chauncey (after Chauncey Billips of the Pistons) but, we only call her that when she does something wrong or something to surprise us (which is rare) LOL. I wanted a dog, my husband didn't. So because my kids knew I wanted a dog and had wanted one for a long time, they went to the local animal shelter to adopt one for me as a surprise. However, they would not allow them to adopt for me, so the kids called me and I went out there. They had already picked out the one they were gonna get me and heck it was a dog so I was estatic. We get home and my husband says, "no way in hell you are keeping that dog!~" I said, "Oh yes I am!~"
I had no idea what to name her but the basketball playoffs were on :) and I liked the name Chauncey and his 3 point shots. My husband said, "Her name should be Chance because this is her last chance in life." So we call her Chance. But our nickname for her is Puppy. We both call her Puppy alot. Oh and by the way.........my husband and her are inseperateable

siss
05-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I want a turtle named fast Willie!

83-Steelers-43
05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Weimeraner named "Rooney".

SteelerDan43
05-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Iguana named Louie - See Budwiser Lizards
Cat named Rosa Parks - Cause I got to name her and I was like 7 and that was what were learning about in school
Cat named Johnathan - Looks just like the cat on Johnny Cat litter
Cat named Captain Morgan- When it came to us it had an injured foot so it sat with one foot in the air in the "Captain" pose

Brady12
05-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Golden Retriever, named Blaze because when first got him his colour was a little on the reddish side.

boLT fan
05-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Sheltie named Comet. Named after that dog on Full House becuase I loved that show when I was around 8-9.

Prosdo
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Two Golden Retrievers one named Shadow because he followed me around. The other named Chance since everyone thought I named the other one after the movie Homeward Bound. Two of my cats are named Spencer & Tracy after the actor Spencer Tracy. The other one is named Mason after a character on Dead Like Me.

beSteelmyheart
05-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I have a cat named Tucker-I was originally trying to think of the name of a great speaker, because he is a vocal cat, but the name Tucker just popped into my head. So he's named after the guy who built those cool old cars.
There is also Mini, she is an orphan shop cat that was brought to me after the maintenance guy found her in the attic over the office. She was smaller than a beanie baby, & looked so much like Tucker-a Mini version of him.

HburgXL06
05-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Right now:

Sable: My cat I got her from PAWS which was like the Humane shelter only they never put their animals to sleep. I liked the name "Sable" they had given her because to me it was after the car, "Mercury Sable." She is all black with big green eyes. It was later I realized she was named Sable because when she laid in the sun her fur actually looked like a rusty red color. I call her "Baby" and "Sablebaby" and she is smart and follows me when I go up to my room or comes when I call her name or whistle.

Tauri: When I got a cat my sister wanted one too. We found a cat at PAWS again and since I my cat was Sable I wanted the next one to be named "Taurus," for obvious reasons. My sis didn't like that so it became "Tauri" pronounced "Tar - ee." She's the opposite of Sable in that she is more the lap cat type. She is all white and has one blue eye and one gold eye. She doesn't meow but purrs like a Mack truck.

Daria: Tauri got lost for a week after my dad left the door open while bringin in groceries. To console my sister my mom got a small Ragdoll-Himalayan mix kitten. I told my sis the name "Daria" after the cartoon on MTV about a girl that was cynical and didn't seem to care so I said that name and surprisingly my sis liked it so that became her name. She is very cute and still looks like a kitten after 2 years but is really, really dumb. Every now and then when I'm in my room I'll hear a crash and someone yell "DARIA!!" and know that she has climbed onto somethin again and knocked it over in some way. Lol good times. Peace.

BuFu

Blitzburgh55
05-21-2006, 04:16 PM
My dog name is buddy becuze thats what i named him

Ambridge
05-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I have three bassett hounds!!
One in particular is named Sadie which I adopted from Suitanim last year who was previously calling it Gunner.

SteelerzGirl
05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Weimeraner named "Rooney".

I have a Siamese cat named Rooney...(lol). Great name! :smile:

DIESELMAN
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I've got a Yellow Lab named Ace......when he was a pup I was trying to come up with a name so I was playing solotaire running names through my head. Ace wanted to play too, so he kept grabbing the Aces from the top and running off with them. Here's my boy.....

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6771/hpim04177ht.th.jpg (http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim04177ht.jpg)

Hines86Ward
05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I named my dog Casey after Sean Casey & my cats name is Hines after Hines Ward...

melroseplace
05-21-2006, 10:09 PM
my family has a Boston Terrier...when we got her we all thought up names and ended up going w/my little brother's choice, Smoochie. she definitely lives up to her name

steelersgirl86
05-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I have a black lab named harley..my step son was 6 at the time and named him after harley davidson....

shimmysteelerfan
05-22-2006, 10:21 AM
i have two dogs. A german sheppard named dangus, its a take on one of my nicknames. The other is a three legged husky named Una, my wife wanted to name her lamb, because she thinks everything that is "cute" should be called a lamb. I wasnt really fond of the name, so i did a google search of the word lamb, and found Una, the celtic or gaelic name for lamb, sort of a comprimise. I have a beta fish named schmegma that we named when we were drunk. i want to get two great danes and name them bettis and troy, but that will have to wait for a few years, not sure we can handle four dogs at the moment.

Ohio Steeler
05-22-2006, 02:01 PM
we have a yokie and her name is Princess as to why well my little girl named her

clevestinks
05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Mickey after Mickey Mouse, my daughter cat.

tony hipchest
05-22-2006, 02:43 PM
damn, i guess i have a zoo.

1 parrott shorty
3 miniature pincers shanna, walter (after payton) and chunk (he was their fattest puppy)
2 bearded dragons, mocha and java (theyre coffee colored)
1 potbellied pig, bacon beavis

clevestinks
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I always wanted a Golden Retreiver named Bradshaw, that is a great dog name, but my wife and daughter our convinced that we will be getting a Yorkie, I lose but they can take care of it!