06-20-2011, 10:28 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b9WP5

I would have him even higher, but being the Harrison/Steeler
bias I'm surprised he is even this high. Heck, I don't even
think Steeler fans appreciate this guy enough. He is underrated
even in Pgh.

steeltheone
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I think Steeler fans rate him pretty high! If anything we tend to overrate players !

thumper
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
I think Steeler fans rate him pretty high! If anything we tend to overrate players !

We do, but in James' case, I feel he isn't appreciated as much as
he should be. How many Harrison jerseys do you see in Pgh?
The guy is a total beast. Being ranked as high as 21 best players
in the NFL, when he is mean to everyone, shows how good his
peers think he is.

ggoldman
06-22-2011, 06:02 AM
What doesnt make sence is that Matthews and Ray Lewis are ranked higher than him. He was the only player last year with 10 sacks an 100 tackles.

thumper
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
What doesnt make sence is that Matthews and Ray Lewis are ranked higher than him. He was the only player last year with 10 sacks an 100 tackles.

He just doesn't get gloss of a Lewis or Mathews and he doesn't
seem to want it, either. #92 is ridiculous. Every game I watch
I just can't believe the havoc he causes all over the field.

Jimmy Shaker
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Harrison changes the game with his play. The league took notice and implemented rules because he was hitting people too hard. That has to put him somewhere among the all time greats and a lot closer to the top of last year's list.

MDSteel15
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Harrison changes the game with his play. The league took notice and implemented rules because he was hitting people too hard. That has to put him somewhere among the all time greats and a lot closer to the top of last year's list.

WHOA there big boy! All Time Great???? Let's not get too carried away!

Jimmy Shaker
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
WHOA there big boy! All Time Great???? Let's not get too carried away!

Among them. I don't think that's a stretch. Without him we're still waiting for #6.

MDSteel15
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Among them. I don't think that's a stretch. Without him we're still waiting for #6.

He's been a starter for 4 years! He will not be for 4 more and will not be an all time great! If that's how it works then without Tyree the Giants don't beat the Patriots! I can go on and on with this....

MDSteel15
06-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Remember Greg Lloyd? He was here for 5 year(?) and is not considered an ATG! But by Steeler fans standards he is top 5 LBer ALL Time in out teams history. :popcorn:

ggoldman
06-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Harrison could care less about being an all time great, he just sees this as a paycheck. He watches cartoons in his free time

Jimmy Shaker
06-23-2011, 10:22 AM
He's been a starter for 4 years! He will not be for 4 more and will not be an all time great! If that's how it works then without Tyree the Giants don't beat the Patriots! I can go on and on with this....

Thanks to Cowher.

When I mentioned all time greats, I was thinking in Steelers history, but JH has a long shot at the HOF after 5 more years of steady production, so I could turn out to be right either way.

Jimmy Shaker
06-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Harrison could care less about being an all time great, he just sees this as a paycheck. He watches cartoons in his free time

By all accounts, Harrison is a workout warrior.

thumper
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
By all accounts, Harrison is a workout warrior.

You don't hustle like 92 does every play without being being into
for more than just a pay check. He lives to put a hurting on
others. He has a passion to wreck people. You don't just
invent that for a pay check. Not possible

steelerchad
06-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks to Cowher.

When I mentioned all time greats, I was thinking in Steelers history, but JH has a long shot at the HOF after 5 more years of steady production, so I could turn out to be right either way.

No way does Harrison have 5 more steady years of production. He is currently 33 years old. At the end of his 5th season from now he would be just a few months from his 39th birthday. A pass rushing 3-4 outside backer who is asked to do it all won't be able to at that age. He will not be playing football then, let alone at a high level. I wouldn't be surprised if James is not a Steeler for the 2012 season. He's got no shot at the HOF, due mainly to his late start and subsequent short career. I love the player he is, but longevity counts for a lot and he's no media darling either.

They all get old and can't play anymore. Sad, but true. Jason Worilds will be one of our starting outside backers in 2012.

Jimmy Shaker
06-23-2011, 02:55 PM
No way does Harrison have 5 more steady years of production. He is currently 33 years old. At the end of his 5th season from now he would be just a few months from his 39th birthday. A pass rushing 3-4 outside backer who is asked to do it all won't be able to at that age. He will not be playing football then, let alone at a high level. I wouldn't be surprised if James is not a Steeler for the 2012 season. He's got no shot at the HOF, due mainly to his late start and subsequent short career. I love the player he is, but longevity counts for a lot and he's no media darling either.

They all get old and can't play anymore. Sad, but true. Jason Worilds will be one of our starting outside backers in 2012.

James Harrison doesn’t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Jimmy Shaker
06-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Crop circles are James Harrison's way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie the F down.

Jimmy Shaker
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
James lives in the weight room, sleeps in a hyperbaric chamber, gets acupuncture, and takes a wide variety of supplements. Plus, his body doesn't have the same wear and tear due to his late start. No reason he can't play into his late 30's.

solardave
06-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Yeah. I'm with you there. I mean who does a guy have to kill around here.:tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Remember Greg Lloyd? He was here for 5 year(?) and is not considered an ATG! But by Steeler fans standards he is top 5 LBer ALL Time in out teams history. :popcorn:
9 years (1988 - 1997 )

Atlanta Dan
06-23-2011, 07:38 PM
New York Times apparently ranks Harrison a little higher than NFL Network based on today's rankings of outside LBs

Top 10 Outside Linebackers in N.F.L.

1. James Harrison, Steelers (2)

The most feared player in the game, but is much more than just a head hitter. Can rush the passer, anchor against the run and cover in the flats.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/23/top-10-outside-linebackers-in-n-f-l/?ref=sports

And yesterday's rankings of ILBs note this guy is coming on

Top 10 Inside Linebackers in N.F.L.

4. Lawrence Timmons, Steelers

The most explosive, athletic inside linebacker in football. A much, much better blitzer than his sack numbers suggest. Poised to become Pittsburgh’s best linebacker (if he isn’t already).

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/22/top-10-inside-linebackers-in-n-f-l/?ref=sports

harrison'samonster
06-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Harrison's a monster. I don't think he'll last 4 more years though, and he doesn't have much of a chance at the HOF. But I would say that he has been the best linebacker in the league since about the time he hurdled L. Tomlinson.

Wallace108
06-24-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't have a problem considering Harrison an all-time great. Yeah, he doesn't have the stats or longevity, but there's more to greatness than that. If it was all about stats and longevity, there would be no argument that Favre is the greatest QB to ever play the game. But I'm sure no one here would argue that (except MattsMe :wink02:).

You have to watch guys play ... you can't go by stats. Stats and longevity kept Lynn Swann out of the HOF for a long time, even though he rightfully deserved to be there.

55BaileyFan
06-25-2011, 08:44 AM
This entire list is crap. The Cowboys are going to have 6 on this list and the Steelers have 4. McNabb who had 15 TD and 17 INT and still made the list. The players didn't rate people based on this season they based them on name and career.

How does Mike Wallace not make this list? He had better numbers than half the receivers on this list, no Ward. Woodley was 82? Even the broadcasters thought he should have been in the 50's. This list sucks and I personally don't watch it because of the crappy list.

MDSteel15
06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
9 years (1988 - 1997 )

Puppet, I should have put that he wasn't a starter but for that long.... :coffee:

ben2hines=6
06-30-2011, 05:00 PM
greg lloyd was nowhere near the player james harrison has been and will continue to be with his time here in pittsburgh. thats not cutting down lloyd but james harrison has possibly been the toughest guy in the league to stop at his position since he took the starting job

thumper
07-01-2011, 11:52 AM
greg lloyd was nowhere near the player james harrison has been and will continue to be with his time here in pittsburgh. thats not cutting down lloyd but james harrison has possibly been the toughest guy in the league to stop at his position since he took the starting job

Prior to Harrison's emergence, Lloyd was my all-time favorite. But
I agree: James is even better than Lloyd. He is more powerful and
makes even more hard hits than Lloyd did.

TRH
07-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Ray Lewis has been getting by for the last few years on "name recognition" alone.