PDA

View Full Version : Coaches want Plex?

thumper
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't buy it.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Gerry Dulac

The Pittsburgh Steelers coaches are interested in signing free-agent WR Plaxico Burress (Giants) but it would depending on his asking price.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

The coaching staff may want Burress back, but they could get resistance from the Rooney family. The Steelers have a good group of young receivers behind Hines Ward, but need a big red zone threat like Burress.

I would find it more believable if it said Ben wanted Plex. I really doubt
the coaches are all that interested, knowing he was kind of a head
case. He could be a new man after jail, but who knows. He certainly
said the right things in the interview I watched.

zulater
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe Arians was chanelling his inner Ben? :tap: But regardless Colbert and the Rooney's wouldn't let it happen.

fer522
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
i would rather have Plex than Sweed thats for sure

Buddha Bus
06-21-2011, 04:56 PM
i would rather have Plex than Sweed thats for sure

Not me. This is Sweeeeeeeed's year! I can feel it! :popcorn:

jwmann2
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Was he working out in prison? Michael Vick sure was. I don't see what he did as morally wrong. Just dumb. No need to take a gun into a club when you have friends that are 250+ lbs.

fer522
06-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Not me. This is Sweeeeeeeed's year! I can feel it! :popcorn:

Buddha!!! Have you been smokin that shit again:hide:

jjpro11
06-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Plax to the Steelers... Jagr to the Pens... oh my!

Steelboy84
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, I want Plaxico too.

steelcityboyz
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Plax could better the Offense... I hope they make a play for him.

SacknificentStew56
06-29-2011, 06:08 AM
With Arians wanting Ben to toss the rock around more and the last time Plax played for us, he complained that we didn't throw enough, he might be interested in becoming a Steeler again. I would love to see him back as a Steeler. He was young and selfish then but at 34, i'm sure he's more mature now.

thumper
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
With Arians wanting Ben to toss the rock around more and the last time Plax played for us, he complained that we didn't throw enough, he might be interested in becoming a Steeler again. I would love to see him back as a Steeler. He was young and selfish then but at 34, i'm sure he's more mature now.

Listening to Plex speak, I was impressed with how much more mature
and intelligent he sounded prior to jail. He carefully chose his words
and seemed to be legit to me. I think he is going to take his game
much more seriously. Think about the availability of the fairly recent
super star WRs?

Moss
Other Moss
Plex
TO - torn ACL
Ocho Cinco

I hear Greenie claim he wanted TO to his Jets before he blew his
ACL. Like usual, Greenie gets it all wrong. TO was the worst of
possible signings to add on a team. Yea, he put up OK stats last
year but he also helped make Cinci return to being a loser. So
TO pressured and whined to make sure he got all those balls
thrown his way at the expense of the team's success. He got
his touches, as the team turned back into crap. TO is NOT a
good signing for any team - not if you want to win. And Moss
was a failure on THREE teams in one season last year. No
thanks. I would prefer Plex out of everyone of the former stars
who is out there. But only with a good deal. No way do I sign
him to a big deal with lots of years and a big signing bonus.

ben2hines=6
06-30-2011, 05:46 PM
If we sign plex that will help keep hines in the slot where he may be able to get more space. we dont have another outside reciever besides wallace. signing plex could only help our chances to get back to the bowl

BIGNASTY91
07-01-2011, 06:41 AM
I love the idea of signing plex! It would give us another dimension at reciever. Teams wouldnt be able to cover hines, wallace and plex all together. Someone would break out with a big play more times thatn not!!!

:tt02:

finesward
07-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't think adding another 30+ year old receiver is going to exactly scare opposing CB's. Remember we got ARE and Hines, both on the tail end of their careers. plax is tall and has good hands, and at his age speed is not going to be one of his assets at this point. Id rather use heath as a WR more often, your not losing a roster spot by doing so and he is just as tall and has as good or better hands than plax. Bring in another FB/TE blocking guy and let heath be involved more IMO

Rick5895
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Plax to the Steelers... Jagr to the Pens... oh my!

Since Jagr is now a Flyer, maybe Plax will be an Eagle

stb_steeler
07-06-2011, 09:10 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/biscobrubble/nra_plaxico_burress.jpg

stb_steeler
07-06-2011, 09:13 PM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/Rataccess/plaxico.jpg

DanRooney
07-07-2011, 04:21 AM
I don't think adding another 30+ year old receiver is going to exactly scare opposing CB's. Remember we got ARE and Hines, both on the tail end of their careers. plax is tall and has good hands, and at his age speed is not going to be one of his assets at this point. Id rather use heath as a WR more often, your not losing a roster spot by doing so and he is just as tall and has as good or better hands than plax. Bring in another FB/TE blocking guy and let heath be involved more IMO

ARE is a terrible WR. His signing angered me to no end. Wallace and Plax on the outside with Sanders/Ward in the slot and Brown in on our 4 WR sets would be nice.

55BaileyFan
07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
He won't be in the Burgh. Remember Pittsburgh has a strict you leave you are out for good policy (EL is the only exception ever)

Now, don't say Larry Foote because he was released and left...then we offered to bring him back.