PDA

View Full Version : SNAKES

ARKIESTEEL
05-22-2006, 07:45 AM
I took my little girl to the farm with me sunday she love to look at the cows and calves. I got out of the truck to open the gate when Shelby (my 4 year old little girl) said lets walk, so I said ok and came back to the truck to unbuckle her child seat when I was done I walked back to the gate to wait on her to put her shoe on. She climbed out of my truck and started walking to me when I seen the snake. I am no snake expert so I cant tell one from another until they are dead and I am scared to death of the things Shelby walks right over the top of it as I am running to her I grab her and kick the snake away. Since I am no hero I put Shelby in the truck grabed the remington auto 12 gauge snake killing machine out from behind the seat of the truck and read Mr. snake his last rights. This whole deal scared me bad if that cooperhead had got Shelby it could have been a bad deal.

PisnNapalm
05-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Well what kind of snake was it? Or couldn't ya tell from the pieces...

ARKIESTEEL
05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
COOPERHEAD

shimmysteelerfan
05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
ahhh i hate snakes too, living in the dessert for 23 years and i still aint used to them. 12 gauge is the way to go though. props to you for the quick action, those bastards are mean.

pitt
05-22-2006, 10:49 AM
The only good snake is a dead snake.

steelersgirl86
05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
wow that is scary...good job on getting rid of it...

clevestinks
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Lookout you caould have captured it and sold it to Chad Brown

DIESELMAN
05-23-2006, 04:45 AM
I used to own a few pet red tail boas, to me snakes are cool and a marvel of Mother nature. But in the situation above I would do the same thing kill and ask questions later. The only thing that kills me about people's phobia towards snakes is when someone hears a rattler rattle his tail knowing damn well what it is they want to go and see it. ITS A ****ING RATTLESNAKE LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

Suitanim
05-23-2006, 09:25 AM
When I lived in Florida, most of my buddies were from the North as well. We were out playing football, when an errant pass knocked over a planter. Underneath was this little snake, so, being the ignorant city-folk we were, we started poking at it, pissing it off, and trying to pick it up by the tail.

One of our friends who was from Georgia came outside and was like "WTF are you dumbasses doing, that's a pygmy rattlesnake!" He grabbed a shovel and chopped it's head off.

http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/natsci/herpetology/fl-guide/sistrurusmbarbouri.htm