PDA

View Full Version : Who will get Cut before Training Camp

GoFor6
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
The Steelers trraditionally take 80 people to camp. Here is my cut list. Who do you think will be cut from the current 92 man roster.

Paxson, Scott
Farrior, Matt
Postell, Malcolm
Jemison, Mike
Boyd, Shane
Torrey, Brandon
Baker, Eugene
Herzing, Adam
West, Isaac
Andrews, Kyle

tony hipchest
05-22-2006, 06:53 PM
all those guys sound like good candidates to get the axe. heres a good article that shows what the remaining 53 man roster may look like: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_449154.html

unfortunatley for those probably 60-80, they are fighting for a practice squad spot. the top 53 seems pretty much etched in stone.

Hines86Ward
05-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't see Rod Rutherford & Cedric Humes making the final roster, but they won't get cut until after Training Camp....

tony hipchest
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't see Rod Rutherford & Cedric Humes making the final roster, but they won't get cut until after Training Camp.... if humes doesnt take bettis' spot who will? (unless duckett is a cap casualty and the steelers pick him up). humes will get snagged off the practice squad before too long if he doesnt make the team.

Hines86Ward
05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
People passed on Humes for a reason. We got him in the 7th round....I just don't see a 7th round RB replacing Bettis.

MasterOfPuppets
05-23-2006, 03:27 AM
People passed on Humes for a reason. We got him in the 7th round....I just don't see a 7th round RB replacing Bettis.
well...everybody passed on parker also....and did ya think kimo would be replaced by a 7th rounder??

Zez
05-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Not so much cuts, but I think Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, and Joey Porter will all be traded by the trading deadline for 4 AA minor leaguers, and a player to be named later....

Wait...wrong sport, that is the Pirates who do that stupid shit. My bad.

benberger
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Not so much cuts, but I think Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu, and Joey Porter will all be traded by the trading deadline for 4 AA minor leaguers, and a player to be named later....

Wait...wrong sport, that is the Pirates who do that stupid shit. My bad.

now dats funny stuff...so funny it makes me want to cry lol...they are so sad.

shimmysteelerfan
05-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Tommy Maddox.

I mean, even though he's not on OUR roster, I bet a million bucks he's going to get cut somewhere.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-25-2006, 09:32 AM
I have to agree that Humes will probably get the ax...Even if the oft-injured Staley gets an infected in-grown hair...Verron is still a better option at power-back.
Using Parker as a bench mark isnt probably fair...Parker was in a system that didnt allow him to play. Only those people who knew about his pre-college potential were willing to give him a chance.
Humes WAS given a chance in college. He lasted until the seventh round because he was only semi-productive. Riggs....Tahu...Humes...all the same back.
You just have to roll the dice and see if the seventh round picks have some spark that may someday resemble a Pro-Player if fanned correctly.

BigDude66687
05-25-2006, 02:25 PM
They are gonna carry 4 rbs so who would get that forth slot, of all the candidates, him and Kruk i think Humes is a virtual lock to make the roster unless the Steelers decide to caryy 7 wideouts

TasmanianTroy271
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Yea, we were able to carry parker, bettis, duce, verron, and even noah herron on the PS for the beginning of the year. I don't see why he wouldn't make at least the PS.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-25-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree that we will start the season with 4 rb's...but I have serious reservations as to if Cedric will be one of them....Coach will not fill a slot with a medicre player based on position...keep fingers crossed that therw will be salary cap talent left

Steel Pit
05-26-2006, 06:24 AM
if humes doesnt take bettis' spot who will? (unless duckett is a cap casualty and the steelers pick him up). humes will get snagged off the practice squad before too long if he doesnt make the team.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Maybe Shanahan will decide that he needs a WR more than 17 rb's and will let Dayne go!!...;)

83-Steelers-43
05-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Steel Pit, great news!!!

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
May 26, 2006

Steelers Sign Veteran RB George

The Steelers moved to strengthen their depth at running back yesterday when they signed veteran Eddie George to a one-year contract. George won the NFL Rookie of the Year award in 1996, and was the Titans' starting tailback until 2003, never missing a start due to injury. He made the pro bowl 4 times(1997-2000), and assisted the Titans to a championship appearance in Super Bowl XXXIV, where they lost to the St. Louis Rams 23-16.

His career totals include 10,441 rushing yards, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards, and 78 touchdowns(68 rushing and 10 receiving). As your reading this story, none of it is true because Eddie George will never sport a Steeler jersey.

83-Steelers-43
05-26-2006, 07:33 AM
If Duckett wants to come here for the right price, then I see no problem. Personally, I don't see it happening.

MattsMe
05-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Steel Pit, great news!!!

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
May 26, 2006

Steelers Sign Veteran RB George

The Steelers moved to strengthen their depth at running back yesterday when they signed veteran Eddie George to a one-year contract. George won the NFL Rookie of the Year award in 1996, and was the Titans' starting tailback until 2003, never missing a start due to injury. He made the pro bowl 4 times(1997-2000), and assisted the Titans to a championship appearance in Super Bowl XXXIV, where they lost to the St. Louis Rams 23-16.

His career totals include 10,441 rushing yards, 268 receptions, 2,227 receiving yards, and 78 touchdowns(68 rushing and 10 receiving). As your reading this story, none of it is true because Eddie George will never sport a Steeler jersey.

That was just wrong. :sofunny:

Prosdo
05-27-2006, 12:48 AM
I would like to see Duckett here as well, but not at the expense of breaking the bank. As for Humes I think he will atleast make the Practice Squad.

clevestinks
05-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Duckett? Yes. George? No! Humes ? Possibly