PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are being cheap

thumper
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/24/the-list-of-teams-cutting-pay-during-the-lockout/

The Steelers say no plan to cut coaches pay even if
lockout seeps into season, but I don't see any mention
if the Steelers are cutting any of the non-coaching people
workers' pay. Do you know?

kirklandrules
06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Last I heard they enacted a pay freeze for the front office, but haven't heard any cuts thus far. This is the best I could find, but comes from March 2011:

In Pittsburgh, "We're going to take it a week at a time," Steelers President Art Rooney II told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after the club implemented a pay freeze. "We're not planning large-scale layoffs or furloughs. Hopefully, we won't get to that situation."

Besides, the Rooneys know that winning starts with their front office personnel and really don't have a lot of turn over there. You cut those people and they may not come back.

thumper
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Some teams are pricks. With as much $ as the owners have, you'd
think they would have a little bit of heart and not stick it to the little guy.

Arizona Cardinals: A one-week forced furlough for all non-contracted employees. Cardinals coaching staff are contracted employees and have already seen their salaries cut by 35%.

Buffalo Bills: Plan no layoffs or furloughs but have imposed pay cuts for all employees, up to 25 percent. They also cut all staff pensions.

Detroit Lions: Mandatory two-week unpaid furloughs have begun.

Miami Dolphins: Team employees who make more than $75,000 a year will have their pay cut 20 percent. Those with salaries of $50,000 to $75,000 will face a 15 percent pay cut and those making less than $50,000 will face a 10 percent pay cut. GM Jeff Ireland, head coach Tony Sparano and the assistant coaches will get a pay cut starting June 1.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sent employees home without pay for the week following Memorial Day.