PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh fans have no lives outside of the Steelers?

Deserei90
06-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I know the title is premature and what not. Okay apparently, The City of Pittsburgh is having a rally for Hines for winning DWTS on Thursday Afternoon. Lately this has come to a issue for people who think We steeler fans are pathetic for giving into this rally. We've been accused of having no live outside of Steeler football, because to them we can't get over the SB loss. I don't normally care about stuff like this, but sometimes it bothers me to have people think Us Steeler fans are just all about them every single day which leads them to believe we have no lives. I don't find nothing wrong with a rally for hines, I think people are just blowing this whole thing out of proportion. One person even told me, If the Steelers weren't a good team. There will be a high suicide rate in the City of Pittsburgh, because apparently we can't "Survive" without the Steelers:doh:. The person who told me use to live in the Burgh. She's not a pittsburgher, but she believe 75% of people in the burgh have no life outside of steeler football smh. Sorry, I bought this up. I just want to get feedback on what you guys think of people who thinks of us like this. Have any of you been accused of the same?

Look at this article, then read her comment at the bottom :http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/06/29/pittsburgh-will-hold-a-rally-for-hines-wards-dancing-title/#comments

fer522
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
rally for Hines for winning DWTS?

really? :smash: :shots:

NFL,NFLPA get a f^%*ing deal done
WE NEED FOOTBALL!!!

ricardisimo
06-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't only live for the Steelers. I also enjoy making fun of the Browns.

Deserei90
06-30-2011, 03:38 AM
I don't only live for the Steelers. I also enjoy making fun of the Browns.:applaudit:

stb_steeler
06-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Kinda like beating a :deadhorse: with that statement , we Steeler fans here that all the time. We all have other things in our lives to. Well lets see theres always :computer: Facebooking........:jerkit: need i say more on that one......:alcoholic and were usually a bunch of drunks........Oh well some people just cant handle the thought of us Steeler fans givin our team so much love!

thumper
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
It is true in many cases: some fans only have the Steelers as the
main thing in their lives. Only some. Not all. But there is no doubt
Steeler fans are more passionate, in larger #s, than almost any
other fan base. Some say it's because there is nothing else to do
in Pgh and W PA. And that is a valid point to some degree. Same
goes for Browns fans. But at least we do a lot of winning along
with our obsession. Imagine being Browns fan where they are
as obsessed but just keep losing for decade after decade and
never won a ring. (And don't give me this shit about them winning
titles before there was a Super Bowl. I don't care about sports
shit that old.)

steelerchad
06-30-2011, 04:40 PM
There's one reason other teams fans give Steeler fans so much crap. Jealousy.
Especially Ravens fans. It absolutely kills them that their team is stuck in the mud because they can't get past the Steelers. There were a few years the Oilers may have been the 2nd best team in football back in the day. But we never got to find out because they couldn't get by the Steelers.
Trust this though. All those fans would trade anything for the success we have gotten to enjoy with our team.

Jimmy Shaker
06-30-2011, 06:20 PM
No life? It's a way of life.

One of the best internet posts ever-

Pittsburgh is football and football is Pittsburgh. You're either watching it or playing it. If you're not watching it or playing it, you're ****ing someone who is. -Hogefan

caplovestroyp43
07-02-2011, 08:30 PM
No life? It's a way of life.

One of the best internet posts ever-

AMEN!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

55BaileyFan
07-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Being a true PIttsburgh sports fan but not being from Pittsburgh, I think this is complete horse crap. I come from a small southern Ohio town that celebrates anything it does. The area I come from has a few small towns all wrapped into a 30 mile radius and everyone of these cities celebrates everyone's accomplishments.

Yankees Outfielder Nick Swisher is from the town I was born in (across the river from the town I like in) I hung out with Swishy as a kid and when he made the MLB we all had a huge part...the whole town. When the town I am from made ESPN's titletown (finished 2nd) the entire area through a huge freaking party. A guy from our area is a world champion kickboxer and travels the world beating the hell out of people and then coaches football at a local town. Make the playoffs, win state, compete in an event anywhere in the world and our area celebrates.

It is the same concept with Pittsburgh (and most towns) Steelers are boss but when the Penguins made the Cup two years in a row people came out for them. The Pirates have been winning and look at attendance this season, they have broke their single game attendance record 4x already this year.

The rally has nothing to do with the Steelers persay if that would have been Sidney Crosby or Andrew McCutchen or any other native Burgher I think the city would have came out for them. Pittsburgh is one of the most devoted cities in the world and the they support their teams.

To hell with everyone else. Its no secret other cities are just jealous of our history and the championships won by our teams.

SacknificentStew56
07-03-2011, 08:49 AM
All these jealous fans of other teams will get no where fast casting stones at the Steelers' throne. Not everyone can sit alone at the mountain top, so they rather say we have no life. No life would be slinging mud at anything we do to celebrate the success of one of ours. But what else would we expect from someone on the outside of Steeler Nation looking in?

TRH
07-03-2011, 09:29 PM
....who cares what some clueless, piece of crap blogger writes? Means nothing. Amazing these days when someone doesn't like a team, they go online and blog an "article" (and i use that term very loosely.....) about that team or city and point out their personal opinion as gospel.

stlrtruck
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
No life?

I have a wife
I have children
I have a dog
I have a road bike that I ride 2-4 days per week, average about 100 miles per week
I have things around my house to get done
I have work (yeah for that one)
Did I mention my kids?

Yeah, I have a life. It's just not as much fun when football season is in.

steelcity1974
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
The Steelers are a part of Pittsburgh just as much as Joe citizen living in Mt Washington. No other sports team in the US (except maybe the Packers) has taken on the identity of the city more than the Steelers. It's not like the Steelers define Pittsburgh...it's the other way around, and people who aren't fans or aren't willing to take an objective view of it will never understand that. There's a reason why Burgh'ers are fanatic about the Steelers...it's because the Steelers are fanatic about being in Pittsburgh.

Damn reading that back to myself...that's poetic...I should win a Pulitzer or something.

thumper
07-12-2011, 01:54 PM
No life?

I have a wife
I have children
I have a dog
I have a road bike that I ride 2-4 days per week, average about 100 miles per week
I have things around my house to get done
I have work (yeah for that one)
Did I mention my kids?

Yeah, I have a life. It's just not as much fun when football season is in.

But you don't live in Pgh so it doesn't apply as much to you. I also live
in FL and can ride my bike every day if I choose, right along side the
ocean to boot. There is a legit point that in areas where there isn't as
much to do, including due to crap weather much of the year, that fans
in those types of towns hold football on a higher priority. Even losing
teams have more fervent fans than those in say, San Diego, SF, etc.
I mean, dear God, Cleveland still sells out. When you combine Pgh's
crazy winning %, contending seasons, etc. with so much glum weather,
you have a recipe for a serious football following.

Pit fan from Mass.
07-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Man, I dont even live in Pittsburgh but I still get bummed out during the off season. I do have to admit I will be a little depressed if the season doesnt start on time.

Being from Mass, I dont have anybody to talk about the Steelers with to help get me through the offseason. All there is around here are a bunch of New England Patriots "fans" that cant stop talking about how great Tom Brady is cause thats the only player they can name on the team. Sometimes suicide.........or murder does look pretty good when you have to listen to these guys all year. :m16:

BTW, I'm new to the forum, been reading for 2 seasons now. Been to Pittsburgh 2 times with my girl to watch games. Great city, love the atmosphere, love the pride. I stayed at the hilton 2 years ago for my first game (against the Ravens) when I looked out of the hotel window and I saw all the Black and Gold jerseys, hats, towels etc. marching through the park and over the bridges towards heinz field, it gave me chills. It was an awesome experience Ill never forget. :tt04:

SteelerFanInATL
07-14-2011, 08:05 AM
I reconize those comments for what they are. HATERAIDE TO THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!